Railroad Crossing

Thread: Railroad Crossing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1

    Railroad Crossing

    I did not understand why they did not add a railroad crossing for transportation attractions .. it must be Added !

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by Sam230498 View Post (Source)
    I did not understand why they did not add a railroad crossing for transportation attractions .. it must be Added !
    Probably because rail track was never intended to cross paths.

    They added the non-collision out of request.

    But I would love something like a crossing, not only for trains, but other tracked rides as well.

  3. #3
    Oh ok ! but they should add it anyway, I think it would be good in the game ..

  4. #4
    The problem is this would need to close the path when the train is crossing. Otherwise guests walk through the train. And closing the path means guests turn around and go somewhere else. Or there needs to be developed something completely new like that guests will wait for a train and unfortunately we have alot of guests calculations already going on so this will probably make the performance even worse than it is now.
    Early Bird.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Ramm View Post (Source)
    The problem is this would need to close the path when the train is crossing. Otherwise guests walk through the train. And closing the path means guests turn around and go somewhere else. Or there needs to be developed something completely new like that guests will wait for a train and unfortunately we have alot of guests calculations already going on so this will probably make the performance even worse than it is now.
    They are able to stand still at rides and vista points, I don't see why they should/would turn around and walk away.
    I don't feel it's something that is impossible to code into this game.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    They are able to stand still at rides and vista points, I don't see why they should/would turn around and walk away.
    I don't feel it's something that is impossible to code into this game.
    My opinion throughout:

    Vista Points are a good . . . point. Stopping at a crossing gate for a train to go by should be a minor scenic event for guests, kids bounce up'n'down and point , some people take pictures, that kind of thing. Reworking the Vista Point code and animations for it seems like the best way to handle this.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by KickAir8p View Post (Source)
    My opinion throughout:

    Vista Points are a good . . . point. Stopping at a crossing gate for a train to go by should be a minor scenic event for guests, kids bounce up'n'down and point , some people take pictures, that kind of thing. Reworking the Vista Point code and animations for it seems like the best way to handle this.
    You could have triggered starting points and ending points on the track for the Vista points, plus do the same for crossing arms and lights!

  8. #8
    Planet Coaster Ambassador JoŽl's Avatar
    I’d love to have a railway crossing as well. It’s great to be able to see guests waiting for trains and other transport rides passing by, imo, and that on the same level as paths, which eliminates the requirement for tunnels/bridges over paths/track.
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

    PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

  9. #9
    What we need is a triggerable barrier. Like the kerbs, etc. but with a trigger to turn them on and off.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    What we need is a triggerable barrier. Like the kerbs, etc. but with a trigger to turn them on and off.
    THIS. Holy cow, that is brilliant!

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    What we need is a triggerable barrier. Like the kerbs, etc. but with a trigger to turn them on and off.
    Combined with the gates we already have, we could have a wide variety of triggered events... (Like a gate that closes to block off the path as a coaster rolls by...)

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post (Source)
    I’d love to have a railway crossing as well. It’s great to be able to see guests waiting for trains and other transport rides passing by, imo, and that on the same level as paths, which eliminates the requirement for tunnels/bridges over paths/track.
    This is a fantastic idea that would really enhance the game for those of us building parks with railway transport rides.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    that it would be necessary, the barriers of a level crossing that goes off when the train is not far and people stop to look (like in real life) with can also be the train that will ring at the crossing to say hello to visitors on foot!

  15. #15
    I found it on the internet, I think they could put it on the game

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PnYJS93.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	2182

  16. #16
    Every so many weeks a request about railroad crossings is popping up.

    I will +1 untill the end of days

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	2194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	2195
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	2196

    Already in the works. :P
    i5 6600k @ 4,5 GHz / Asus Z170M-Plus / DDR4 16 GB 3200Mhz / GTX 1080 Hall of Fame
    120GB SSD / 240GB SSD / 2TB HDD / H100i v2 / RM550X / Phantek Enthoo Evolv White
    https://imgur.com/a/Y9Eap

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Nupol View Post (Source)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	2194
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	2195
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	2196

    Already in the works. :P
    Well done, good job !

  20. #20
    Although this is an old thread, i'd like to share my thoughts about this railroad crossing topic. The biggest problem isn't a working solution, but the overall performance. Peeps are already organized in groups. This is probably because of the load the checks on peeps are putting on the cpu cycles. There needs to be a whole package of checks for each peep roaming the park, visible or not, to simulate a more or less realistic behaviour. This is pretty complex, as they do have collision checks, so there will be cramped areas if you build your ways in front of a Zozo to narrow. Just as an example. Even if it is an extremely simple check, it has to be performed, and if you think about the sheer mass of peeps you can atttract with a good attraction, you'll probably imagine that an additional check is a performance problem. So it's wise to reduce the amount of checks, and peeps organized in groups of 4 are reducing the nescessary checks down to 1/4th. A halt, like a triggable barrier would stop all peeps running into that object. Placed somewhere with a lot of traffic, it'll put a lot of stress on your system.

    So a better solution would be to use the new tool to create something like a fake station of a transport ride with an entrance on both sides and a zero time stop. Peeps would pass through normally, until a train arrives and the station would be triggered like a duelling wooden coaster. As these triggers already exist in game, the devs don't need to do anything fancy in the coding section, and it would be doable with the already existing materials. It just needs to be modded so that an entrance is looking like a simple way, which is probably possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments