[1.7.2] Passengers cannot get on Land Ahoy boats

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Passengers cannot get on Land Ahoy boats

Passengers cannot get on Land Ahoy boats

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once

Area of Game Affected
    Rides

Description
    I use land ahoy boat as a transport ride. I have 4-5 stops along the way. The problem is that the boat does not board any new passengers at that stop if not all of the passengers on that particular boat disembark. The entrance gate is opened and shut down immediately, so no one can get on the boat. If all the passengers in the boat leave, this problem does not occur.

Steps to Reproduce
    Screenshots
    (I do not know how to save the videos or send my saves. I could do it if I have instructions provided.)

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    It sounds like this issue might be caused by the set waiting times you have on the ride. I'd recommend checking out the Operations tab for the stations you have and adjusting the load rules and wait times, as this will likely help.

I can verify Land Ahoy has a bug, and what I encountered confirms the report described above.

I would categorize the bug as "Major" - the ride is useless as a transport ride at the moment.

You can see the bug In a scenario I created, available here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1421782688

The scenario has a Land Ahoy with two stations. Guests ride for a full lap and only get off at the same station they got on. The ride did not do this when I developed the scenario a few months ago.

To check this out, open the park, open the ride and the guests will populate both station queues after a bit of a walk.

The ride is set to "wait for 1/2 load" with minimum wait time 40 seconds, maximum wait time 60 seconds. I tried checking/unchecking "Don't block station" and changing the "Min departure interval". These had no apparent effect.

Note: If you open only one station until both boats have passengers, then open the second station, guests in the queue at the second station are stuck forever as there will never be an opportunity for them to get on a boat.

Same issue

I confirm, I am experiencing the same issue, with Island adventure and Light line. I spent a great deal of time trying different settings, no change.
    Iron horse does not appear to be affected, however.

This bug is still happening and was not fixed in the latest update. For me its the Island Adventure ride but its exactly the same bug that the OP has described. I've changed load times, adjusted load quantities. I've removed and replaced paths, I've removed and replaced track sections including station platforms. Only some of the guests leave the boat at station number two, and nobody in queue will enter a boat unless all riders disembark, which is hardly ever, thus resulting in a huge queue jam at station two with all peeps stuck not able to get on the ride. This is very frustrating and has broken my favorite lake side park.

Stations ?

I hope this may heipÖ

I noticed today that the issue described above could be related to stations.

I have an Island Adenture line with four stations, and the problem with the guests not getting properly in boats occurs only on ONE of the four stations, not all of them.

Originally Posted by patg74 View Post (Source)
    I hope this may heip…

I noticed today that the issue described above could be related to stations.

I have an Island Adenture line with four stations, and the problem with the guests not getting properly in boats occurs only on ONE of the four stations, not all of them.
    Is there anything of interest near that station, otherwise peeps don't leave the ride and sit them out.

I've also noticed, that tracked rides, are more considered rides than transports, so most people do not even leave the ride at all during it, but wait for it to complete a full run because they are not using it as a transport..

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Is there anything of interest near that station, otherwise peeps don't leave the ride and sit them out.

I've also noticed, that tracked rides, are more considered rides than transports, so most people do not even leave the ride at all during it, but wait for it to complete a full run because they are not using it as a transport..
    Thanks Luuk, this is exactly related to the reply you gave me in my "How do I..." post where I am noting this behavior using the studio tour as a transport as well. It is true that there isn't anything immediately near my out-stations. It requires a bit of a hike so maybe the guest path calcs are taking that into account.

Perhaps the subject of this bug should be opened to include all rides that can have multiple stations, because this does appear to be an issue with guest behavior.

i wonder how hard it'd be to have logic that applies to guests choosing to ride: If 1 station, treat it as a ride. If >1 stations, treat as transport.

American Celebration Resort and other projects available in the workshop under the Steam handle "Robco"
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/.../?appid=493340

it could be the wait times like others mentioned if the gates are closing quickly but if people are not getting off it may have the same problem the Studio pack Tram has. When using multiple stations People don’t get off until they end up where they started.

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    it could be the wait times like others mentioned if the gates are closing quickly but if people are not getting off it may have the same problem the Studio pack Tram has. When using multiple stations People don’t get off until they end up where they started.
    It's not a problem. It's intended, some guests use it as transport, others as a ride. IRL you can sit as long as you want with transports, I don't see the issue, I would suggest adding trains/cars, that way you free up more space for peeps to ride it, less people that keep waiting in Queue..

A simple "fix" to this is to allow those wanting to disembark the time to do so, then calculate how many spaces there are and allow that number to then board. I think the main issue is caused by the fact that Land Ahoy has a batching gate which holds a pre-defined number, which will always be higher than the spaces available if people don't disembark. Where-as the Monorail does NOT have this and will allocate spaces once dismemberment has completed. Maybe Land Ahoy should adopt this system instead?

Originally Posted by AaronTuckwell View Post (Source)
    A simple "fix" to this is to allow those wanting to disembark the time to do so, then calculate how many spaces there are and allow that number to then board. I think the main issue is caused by the fact that Land Ahoy has a batching gate which holds a pre-defined number, which will always be higher than the spaces available if people don't disembark. Where-as the Monorail does NOT have this and will allocate spaces once dismemberment has completed. Maybe Land Ahoy should adopt this system instead?
    Haven't looked at it that way. That might be something worth looking at.

An option, check box for "disembark mandatory" would solve this issue. My boat is primarily a "transport" boat to get people to and from an island. The cost to get to the island is high but the return trip is free as there are no paths leading back to the entrance of the park. If riders want to continue the circuit, they need to disembark on the island and then re-queue. I don't want peeps staying on the boat, its not a joy ride, its a means of transportation to and from an island. As long as the ride is free to get back to the entrance, this wouldn't be a problem.

Just to echo others, I had this issue with the monorail and it WAS the waiting times. It seems that the wait time starts immediately upon the train / boat pulling up. So if it takes a long time for people to get off, itíll prevent or lessen the amount of new people boarding.

I changed the minimum load to full and set a relatively high maximum time. You can then adjust it down according to how busy the station is.

Worth giving the above a go and seeing if it fixes it for you.

I'm using the studio tram. It has 4 stations, stops at them all, and peeps get on and off at all 4 stations (in-station time is 45 seconds, about twice what it really needs).

HOWEVER, all peeps ride the tram for a full circuit, getting off at the same station they got on. NOBODY uses the tram as a transport ride, ONLY as a normal ride. I have spent the last 3 hours watching this closely and have no doubt off this.

In conjunction with this, the only peeps who get on the transport ride at all are those whose destination is the transport ride itself, NOT some other ride or shop via the transport ride. Very, very rarely, some peep in the park will briefly show his destination as some ride/shop via the transport ride, but this destination only remains for 1-2 seconds before being changed to something else. When they get this destination, they also get the thought "it's faster and cheap to get there via the transport ride, and the station is nearby". But as noted, this only lasts an instant before they change their destination to something else and they walk to it without getting on the transport ride. This change of destination and abandoning the idea of using the transport ride for transport happens WAY before the peeps get to the station so they don't yet know the length of the queue, the price, etc.

So it seems to me that something has changed. The frequency for peeps wanting to use a transport ride for transport has gone way down, and something is keeping it from ever actually being acted on. This makes transport rides useless for their intended purpose of allowing peeps to move around the park, or even get to park areas only accessible via transport ride. All the stations work, and transport rides still function as mere rides, but that's ALL they do anymore.

I'm thinking this is more of a problem with peep AI than with the transport rides themselves, which seem to function just fine. IIRC, in a recent patch Frontier changed it so peeps would take the price of a transport ride into account when deciding to use it as transport. Introducing this is probably what hosed things up. Maybe this price check is too aggressive, or maybe there's a bug in it that is having unintended consequences.
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Originally Posted by QA-Mark View Post (Source)
    It sounds like this issue might be caused by the set waiting times you have on the ride. I'd recommend checking out the Operations tab for the stations you have and adjusting the load rules and wait times, as this will likely help.
    This does not help. My peeps at station #1 want to ride the ride all the way around the circuit. not get off at station #2. Most rides, entertainment, food are at station #2. Station #2 is not accessible by path to the park entrance. I need a transport ride to get peeps to and from specific stations. Changing load times and wait times does nothing but make the boat wait longer while the peeps just stand and stare at a half full boat. The riders will not load onto the boat unless all riders exit. An option check box for "disembark mandatory" would turn the ride into a true transportation system and solve this problem

Originally Posted by PC_OCD View Post (Source)
    This does not help....
    Right. The problem is, peeps no longer use transport rides AS transport rides, only as entertainment rides. The rides themselves work just fine. The problem is with peep behavior.
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE