[1.7.2] Passengers cannot get on Land Ahoy boats - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Passengers cannot get on Land Ahoy boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's a "sorry for the inconvenience" balloon!

American Celebration Resort and other projects available in the workshop under the Steam handle "Robco"
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/.../?appid=493340

I finally fixed the issue by first emptying the park so all of the "balloon people" cleared out (by this time about 80% of the guests had balloons). Then I deleted the Loony Balloony shop. Now, after reopening the park, the Island Adventure ride is behaving normally. I am no longer getting hundreds of guests consolidating at the entrance to the queue. However, the ride is still behaving as mentioned previously in this thread. By that I mean the guests treat the Island Adventure more as a ride than transportation and they usually stay on for an entire circuit. But, that's okay I guess. I just have to make the park a "balloon free zone" for now.

I'm hoping the 1.8 patch addresses this.

Originally Posted by QA-Mark View Post (Source)
    It sounds like this issue might be caused by the set waiting times you have on the ride. I'd recommend checking out the Operations tab for the stations you have and adjusting the load rules and wait times, as this will likely help.
    The problem is getting worse. The problem is not solved. More and more transport issues continue to be reported. Please Fix! This is a bug or bad peep scripting/decision making

Originally Posted by QA-Mark View Post (Source)
    It sounds like this issue might be caused by the set waiting times you have on the ride. I'd recommend checking out the Operations tab for the stations you have and adjusting the load rules and wait times, as this will likely help.
    I guess are the transport rides, my dark ride makes the same, people don't get on it

I am having exactly the same issue as the original poster. I have several stops on my boat ride & if anyone stays on the boat at a stop then no one will get on. The boat has to be completely empty for anyone to get on. This is because so many people load onto the platform & they can't all fit into a boat if the boat is not empty. It has nothing to do with the set load times.

Does the issue need to be re-logged as a bug as it doesn't seem to be looked at or commented on by QA team anymore?

Originally Posted by rdrunr7 View Post (Source)
    Does the issue need to be re-logged as a bug as it doesn't seem to be looked at or commented on by QA team anymore?
    I think it needs to be looked at, but in my case it's a matter of peep behavior, not any problems with ride functionality. For me, peeps get on an off just fine at all stations; the issue is that NOBODY uses transport rides as transport. They all only use them for entertainment, so always make full circuits, never partial circuits.

This is a result of 2 changes Frontier made to transport rides. First, they made peeps view them as entertainment rides due to popular demand. Which is OK except that, as track rides, the transport rides get the same grossly over-inflated prestige (compared to coasters) as regular track rides, so suddenly they're immensely popular attractions. Second, they made peeps consider the price transport rides in their decision on whether or not to use them to get to the other side of the park or just walk there. Which again is OK, except that peeps have like ZERO tolerance transport ride costs, so none of them ever do that.

The net result is that transport rides are now completely useless. Nobody will use them for mere transport unless you make them free. But because they have stupidly high prestige and low fear, they're immensely attractive to peeps as entertainment and are thus always the most popular ride in any park, especially as they have multiple stations so more peeps can use them at once. So you have scads of peeps making full laps and your not making a cent off any of them, and meanwhile paying upkeep on the massive ride itself. And the scads of peeps clog up the stations and cause the problems other folks have noticed.

So 2 things need to change:
    #1: Transport ride prestige (and IMHO all track ride prestige in general) needs to be scaled WAY back. The main issue here is that all such rides get WAY more excitement (a major part of prestige) from their relatively low speeds than do coasters and flat rides. Put track rides on the same speed-to-excitement scale as coasters and you solve a lot of other problems, not just this one. In any case, bashing down the prestige of transport rides as entertainment will reduce their popularity.

Failing this, put things back they way they were originally, where transport rides are NOT entertainment, just transport. IMHO peeps viewing transport rides as entertainment is the root of all these problems and, while it's nice to have, I'd rather do without it than having things continue as they are now.

#2: Greatly increase the tolerance of peeps for spending money on transport, or simply eliminate this new thing from their decision-making / path-finding AI routines. Either one will bring peeps back to using transport rides for their intended purpose of getting from Point A to Point B, while still allowing the ride to make enough money to cover its operating costs.
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post (Source)
    I think it needs to be looked at, but in my case it's a matter of peep behavior, not any problems with ride functionality. For me, peeps get on an off just fine at all stations; the issue is that NOBODY uses transport rides as transport. They all only use them for entertainment, so always make full circuits, never partial circuits.

This is a result of 2 changes Frontier made to transport rides. First, they made peeps view them as entertainment rides due to popular demand. Which is OK except that, as track rides, the transport rides get the same grossly over-inflated prestige (compared to coasters) as regular track rides, so suddenly they're immensely popular attractions. Second, they made peeps consider the price transport rides in their decision on whether or not to use them to get to the other side of the park or just walk there. Which again is OK, except that peeps have like ZERO tolerance transport ride costs, so none of them ever do that.

The net result is that transport rides are now completely useless. Nobody will use them for mere transport unless you make them free. But because they have stupidly high prestige and low fear, they're immensely attractive to peeps as entertainment and are thus always the most popular ride in any park, especially as they have multiple stations so more peeps can use them at once. So you have scads of peeps making full laps and your not making a cent off any of them, and meanwhile paying upkeep on the massive ride itself. And the scads of peeps clog up the stations and cause the problems other folks have noticed.

So 2 things need to change:
    #1: Transport ride prestige (and IMHO all track ride prestige in general) needs to be scaled WAY back. The main issue here is that all such rides get WAY more excitement (a major part of prestige) from their relatively low speeds than do coasters and flat rides. Put track rides on the same speed-to-excitement scale as coasters and you solve a lot of other problems, not just this one. In any case, bashing down the prestige of transport rides as entertainment will reduce their popularity.

Failing this, put things back they way they were originally, where transport rides are NOT entertainment, just transport. IMHO peeps viewing transport rides as entertainment is the root of all these problems and, while it's nice to have, I'd rather do without it than having things continue as they are now.

#2: Greatly increase the tolerance of peeps for spending money on transport, or simply eliminate this new thing from their decision-making / path-finding AI routines. Either one will bring peeps back to using transport rides for their intended purpose of getting from Point A to Point B, while still allowing the ride to make enough money to cover its operating costs.
    Yes! Bullethead is entirely correct and this issue is a game breaker for a couple of my parks. Please fix the peep decision making for transport rides!

Originally Posted by rdrunr7 View Post (Source)
    I am having exactly the same issue as the original poster. I have several stops on my boat ride & if anyone stays on the boat at a stop then no one will get on. The boat has to be completely empty for anyone to get on. This is because so many people load onto the platform & they can't all fit into a boat if the boat is not empty. It has nothing to do with the set load times.

I have exactly the same problem. The issue is described perfectly by Bullethead. Peeps no longer view transport rides as "transport". It probably does need to be re-logged as a bug. A month ago I tried quoting the dev, QA-Mark, who originally posted a non-fix to this thread to regain his attention to this issue and there has been no response.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #29
    Hello, and thank you all for your reports!

I've been looking into this today and we have identified and reproduced the problem. It has been passed on to design for consideration.

Again, thank you all for your reports, detailed information and attached park saves/workshop links!

...miw...

That's great to hear! Thank you very much QA-Miw!

Originally Posted by QA-Miw View Post (Source)
    I've been looking into this today and we have identified and reproduced the problem. It has been passed on to design for consideration.
    Yay! A thousand thank-yous
    -Bullethead

This is good news. Thank you for looking into this, It really has been a game breaker for me. My desire to play Planet Coaster has dropped dramatically since purchasing Adventure DLC only for the main transportation ride introduced within the pack to fail so horribly, which has adversely affected my decision to support future content.

Thanks, and fingers-crossed that this can be resolved.

American Celebration Resort and other projects available in the workshop under the Steam handle "Robco"
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/.../?appid=493340

Just a suggestion re this. Would it be feasible for the devs to considered modes, similar to coaster modes? So we can select between transport and track ride, giving the user to decide on the purpose of the attraction and the mode selected changes the AI behaviour towards it.

Brilliant idea, Mez! I would really like to have both options available but they don't play nice on the same ride.
    -Bullethead

Originally Posted by Mez View Post (Source)
    Just a suggestion re this. Would it be feasible for the devs to considered modes, similar to coaster modes? So we can select between transport and track ride, giving the user to decide on the purpose of the attraction and the mode selected changes the AI behaviour towards it.
    Yes. Modes would be great!
    I have suggested a check box in the station settings that requires "mandatory disembark" which would be similar to a mode but would only require a simple check box. Making all riders exit the boat. If the peeps want to return, they will need to re-queue. Stations that cannot access the park's main gate (ie: An island) would have to be free of charge, or guests will get stuck; broke with no way home.

Im disappointed. I have loved planet coaster from the beginning and wish I still could but.... This feature in adventure pack DLC (that was implemented over a year ago) still does not work. and has not worked forever. As a result, I've pretty much completely stopped playing Planet Coaster. My favorite park which I spent hours working on is broken because of this stupid glitch. I need transport rides that transport peeps! Not transport rides that entertain guests first. The peeps need to get off the ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ boat!

I've been very impressed with what I've seen in previews for recent content but refuse to purchase anything more until DLC I purchased over a year ago gets fixed.. Why would I buy more content when the content I purchased a year ago still doesn't work? Lately I've been playing parkitect because it works and has some really fun new scenario content but id love to come back to planet coaster. Please planet coaster, fix an old ride so that I can enjoy your game again. We're passed at least two updates now since the thread was addressed and still nothing fixed. Please fix! "Mandatory Disembark" checkbox in the station to make all peeps leave the ride PLEASE!