What Pc Upgrade To Improve Performance

Thread: What Pc Upgrade To Improve Performance

What Pc Upgrade To Improve Performance

Hi,

I have about 150 budget and would like to upgrade a component on my pc but not sure which one. My pc at the moment runs very well for the career mode in Planet Coaster but it lags very bad when I am building a park on Sandbox mode with 6500 guest.

Corsair Carbide 88R Micro ATX PC Gaming Case with Window

Intel Core i5-6500 3.20
    2 x 4 GB, 2133Mhz, DDR4
    MSI B150M Motherboard
    ASUS - GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
    Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 64MB
    Cooler Master B-Series B500 500w
    Win 10

I feel I am due an upgrade I am just not sure what to do first. Any suggestion?

Thank you

Originally Posted by yanan1 View Post (Source)
    Hi,

I have about 150 budget and would like to upgrade a component on my pc but not sure which one. My pc at the moment runs very well for the career mode in Planet Coaster but it lags very bad when I am building a park on Sandbox mode with 6500 guest.

Corsair Carbide 88R Micro ATX PC Gaming Case with Window

Intel Core i5-6500 3.20
    2 x 4 GB, 2133Mhz, DDR4
    MSI B150M Motherboard
    ASUS - GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
    Seagate 1TB 7200RPM 64MB
    Cooler Master B-Series B500 500w
    Win 10

I feel I am due an upgrade I am just not sure what to do first. Any suggestion?

Thank you
    I have the i5-6500 as well, but I run it with a 1050 ti card, which is a very nice mid range card.

In combination with the i5-6500 the game runs at a solid fps for me (maybe some spikes here and then, but nothing major).
    I've never measured the fps-rate but I'm not to bothered about it. It's not a slide show so that's fine by me.

limit the amount of people. 6500 people is a big reason. I don’t know much RAM u have but at least 12 helps

Originally Posted by heatherg23 View Post (Source)
    limit the amount of people. 6500 people is a big reason. I don’t know much RAM u have but at least 12 helps
    2x4=8

I think 6500 guests is somewhat the cut off point for me as well.
    Below that number, I do not have a lot of problems.

I've heard that upgrading RAM might improve loading a bit, also sometimes the timings on the RAM memory seem to create issues as well, somebody on a Dutch forum told me that Frontier is aware of this. Changing them from AUTO to the factory standard seems to fix crash related problems (I never crashed, never changed it, and it depends on your total desktop configuration), but I think your 750 TI is the bottleneck here.

Thanks for getting back to me. Will try limiting the number of guest for now. Still not sure which to go for first. Think I will just wait and keep a look out for any good deals on graphics cards or ram.