WATER PARK FOR NEXT DLC ! - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: WATER PARK FOR NEXT DLC !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd love to see more water rides as well, but the work required to get peeps to change into bathing suits, swim, re-do the water physics in the game and all the other requirements needed for pools I'd just as soon see go towards other things that perhaps more people might find useful. And, in my opinion, not as the next dlc offered even if they do plan to add it eventually.

If the base game was filled out a bit more with some of the rides and attractions still missing, and we perhaps get some of the basic water rides, then a water park expansion to include pools, slides, etc. would be really nice for those who would use them. Personally I seldom used the pool in RCT3 either but for those who did I think it would be great later on. Same with zoo animals - I never use them, but they could certainly be added down the road a bit.

Water slides would be fun, but I'd like to see a bunch of other things done first...

• "Shows" - A flat ride where guests pay to enter, take their seats and watch your triggered sequencer shows. What's the point of making a stunt show if guests ignore it?
    • Interactive sideshow alley games, playable by us and guests. Laughing clown game, shooting gallery etc. I hoped for this in Vintage pack.
    • Ability to pause animatronics at their halfway point for X seconds so we can keep doors open for longer and prevent animation resets too early. This would allow for more creative control in sequences.
    • A new "all in one" coaster that does it all... pause track pieces, option to rotate car any direction during ride, LSM, vertical tower sections and drops... just a super supreme "with the lot" coaster that works for both fast rides and slower dark rides or combinations of both. Car should be a 2 seater, with option to have just a single car on track.

Then... after those things, water slides.

Originally Posted by Sam230498 View Post (Source)
    I do not understand why some people do not want the Aquatic Park, it's still a great thing !
    As I stated in another thread elsewhere, I am not into the 'summer stuff'. They don't fit my aesthetic and since I mostly build stuff, it's all about the aesthetic for me. Also on a personal level I mostly associated waterparks with e coli outbreaks, heh. Anyway, I can't speak for anyone else but it just does not interest me.

I say yes to the water park for planet coaster, those who agree so much better, those he is not, no need to write a message !

Originally Posted by redrum View Post (Source)
    Water slides would be fun, but I'd like to see a bunch of other things done first...

• "Shows" - A flat ride where guests pay to enter, take their seats and watch your triggered sequencer shows. What's the point of making a stunt show if guests ignore it?
    • Interactive sideshow alley games, playable by us and guests. Laughing clown game, shooting gallery etc. I hoped for this in Vintage pack.
    • Ability to pause animatronics at their halfway point for X seconds so we can keep doors open for longer and prevent animation resets too early. This would allow for more creative control in sequences.
    • A new "all in one" coaster that does it all... pause track pieces, option to rotate car any direction during ride, LSM, vertical tower sections and drops... just a super supreme "with the lot" coaster that works for both fast rides and slower dark rides or combinations of both. Car should be a 2 seater, with option to have just a single car on track.

Then... after those things, water slides.
    Yes it would be better if the visitors are attracted by the shows, in any case if they did that there is something behind that will probably happen in the next update

People, if they add the water park with also aquatic attractions like (JetSki, boardwalk, canoe, paddle boats ..) do you agree ?

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    As I stated in another thread elsewhere, I am not into the 'summer stuff'
    isnt 90% of theme parks based on summer fun?? most of the ones I know of close when the weather isnt nice... anyway, even if you dislike water rides its still a huge part of this game to have the many features we had in rct3 and it would be nice for all the people who have already built water parks to be able to further continue developing their creations, I mean the game has so much missing potential that even if you dislike water parks it should still be desired to see more water rides and features to improve water based tools for rivers waterfalls etc oh and lets please not forget alllllll the variety of boats that were popular to use in rct

did you see my reply on the previous page about how many water parks have already been made in this game?? it doesnt make sense to deny how much it would add to the game in terms of opening up more possibilities, not sure why theres so much negativity about adding more features from all the water park haters

They don't fit my aesthetic and since I mostly build stuff, it's all about the aesthetic for me.
    thats great if your opinion is to dislike something, but to claim that the addition of water parks would prevent you from "mostly building stuff" makes absolutely zero sense... water parks/rides or other water features would be completely entirely all about building stuff

you do understand how the opposite of "aesthetic" would be to focus on management/scenario features and balancing challenge mode, right? adding water park features, or more water rides, or just simply improving the current water features is purely 100% aesthetic... sigh

with the RCT3 expansion pack "Soaked" we did not only get water rides, pools and slides, but we also got improved water features for rivers/waterfalls, lots and lots of boats, underwater exploration with submarine rides, sea life/animals, stage shows, visual effects, other non-water based rides, entertainers and themes, UI improvements and more... but yea lets totally not add those things to PlanCo cuz like nobody would enjoy it /facepalm

Also on a personal level I mostly associated waterparks with e coli outbreaks, heh.
    Are we playing a video game or are we dealing with real life?? cuz if you hadnt noticed, video games dont spread physical diseases or bacteria, but mental illness is another topic... its a facetious argument against the addition of new and improved features Iv spent my entire life as a competitive swimmer in public pools and going to amusement/water parks and hotel pools all around the continent, never had an issue with e coli or any other bacteria that people claim can be found in pool water, and if I was that worried about living Id never leave my house lol

or maybe its just the water parks in your area that are disgusting but here in the states the water is pretty safe... actually if you researched modern plumbing you would be quite surprised at how much crap is in common drinking water, luckily our bodies have this neat little thing called an immune system... now with pools your supposed to have extra chlorine and your not supposed to drink it not that it has anything to do with the game though

Anyway, I can't speak for anyone else but it just does not interest me.
    My whole point here is - theres a reason why the devs havent focused on water much for PlanCo... its pretty obvious they are holding off to add boats and other water features/improvements with a water-themed pack. Boats would be a huge addition to the game that is greatly lacking from the days of rct, and it would be especially cool to see them used as both rides and transport vehicles as that would open up a ton of potential to many players, and that doesnt even have to do anything with "water parks"
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

Originally Posted by breezerHOG View Post (Source)

Are we playing a video game or are we dealing with real life?? cuz if you hadnt noticed, video games dont spread physical diseases...
    Actually, not sure if it was meant as a joke or not, but again, as in case of "accidents" people seem to over-react on some things and be way too much sensitive, therefore we have no accidents (with real gameplay impact) and now we have someone who associate waterparks with bacteria . The sad things this behaviour spreads everywhere, not only around video-games and if it doesnīt stop, in two generations, people will not handly anything and will be stressed about nothing.

As for waterparks, I would like to see them, but only if it was a big expansions, just like Soaked. Iīm not interested in small DLC, which seems to be Frontierīs current strategy. Not interested in small DLC that would do only a half a job. So in this case, I think itīs better not to get this DLC.

I think if Frontier were to do a water park DLC I think they should also include some flat rides in with the water rides. Something like how Soaked was for RCT 3
    Ryan K
    VP & Director of Thrill Rides
    Charleston Gardens Amusement Park

the would be a whole separate game. Theyve said in the past there are no plans for that. I personally wouldnt use it but thatís just me

RCT3 Soaked was my favourite expansion pack! It was something special for me. I hope Frontier will release a Soaked expansion pack for Planet Coaster in the future.

- Water Rides - Yes - Water Park - No -

The fact is water in the game is just a texture, nothing else, so pools would just be for looks, don't think the guests would even swim, would require all new animations just for swimming if they added pools, you can't even drown the guests currently, think of it like RCT 1 were water is just for looks, still had water rides, just no pools...

Originally Posted by Funrir_Woulfe View Post (Source)
    think of it like RCT 1 were water is just for looks, still had water rides, just no pools...
    lol Ive heard a lot of people say "we cant compare PlanCo to RCT3" but Ive never heard anybody say its like RCT1
    Why should we have to revert backwards?

The fact is water in the game is just a texture, nothing else, so pools would just be for looks, don't think the guests would even swim, would require all new animations just for swimming if they added pools,
    but suppose what if they like, added new improved water features into a "water-themed pack"... does that mean that the current parks people have already made in the game that are primarily water parks dont count as water parks??

- Water Rides - Yes - Water Park - No -
    now were just playing semantics, many players have already made parks which are focused on "water" the definition of a water park is a park with water rides which we already have, and with custom scenery objects people have made parks that are all about water slides and pools, despite the fact that guests dont swim yet

you can't even drown the guests currently
    This should not even matter because you couldnt drown guests in pools either, but they removed coaster crashes from PlanCo which RCT1 had so yea, this isnt RCT3 or RCT1 but it is the 4th game in the series since we all know the other RCT games after RCT3 dont count, and since its the 4th most players would like to see the game expanded from where it was 15 years ago, with or without drowning

The question we should be discussing is "Do we want improved water features?" instead of what exactly is a water park

I just thought of this. Is it possible at least to lower land in an area to make a pool, but before placing water place path then water and people will wander inside and walk around. I don’t think path and water can mix or concrete blocks, path and water. For water slides log flume, rapids, the new bobsled coaster, or fake bobsled pieces from the workshop could be used for fake water slides. But if we want working water parks we’re going to have to play RCT3 or Water Park Tycoon.

Originally Posted by breezerHOG View Post (Source)
    isnt 90%...
    Not sure why you have such a thing against my personal preferences, but give it a break. You keep inferring things that aren't in my words. Just because I said I don't want something doesn't mean I'm not fine with others getting it. Are you also going to try to convince me to love asparagus? Don't like that either. Nothing you say is going to convince me to like what you like, just accept we have different preferences. I am not 'wrong' to like what I like, I am just different from you. Understanding is not required, only tolerance. Move on.

Otherwise I don't think those of us who don't necessarily want this would have said anything except the way the original post was worded implied it was a universal desire. It isn't, and I am not the only one.

the way the original post was worded implied it was a universal desire. It isn't, and I am not the only one.
    thats fine and fair, but I wonder though, ignoring water rides, why would you not want to see the current water tools improved for making more fluent rivers/waterfalls without using some masochistic method such as spamming 1000 water jets or using the river rapids ride as a scenery piece? this question has nothing to do with your personal taste on weather

When people such as the OP says "everybody wants water parks" hes just mis-wording his opinion, possibly due to language translation barriers, because the game already has water parks (as I have repeatedly pointed out) so for anybody who says no to water parks, well guess what we already have them! the real request the OP should be stating is "many of us wish the water tools could be improved and expanded upon" which has nothing to do with sunshine

it kind of goes along with what this OP is about here ---> https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sho...-going-forward

Not sure why you have such a thing against my personal preferences
    thats funny cuz heres a few things I said about your opinions...

"thats great if your opinion is to dislike something" and "I respect others opinion/choice to dislike water parks for whatever reason"

all of my other points were specifically to do with the game, and not so much you as an individual

Unfortunately this will never happen. I suggest you be happy with what you get and use your imagination like everyone else.

Me I agree for a large aquatic expension with pools, slides, wild rivers .. just like in rct3 but with more water attraction as some people want .. but if they add it all in one expansion it would be cool !

Not sure why you have such a thing against my personal preferences, but give it a break. You keep inferring things that aren't in my words. Just because I said I don't want something doesn't mean I'm not fine with others getting it. Are you also going to try to convince me to love asparagus? Don't like that either. Nothing you say is going to convince me to like what you like, just accept we have different preferences. I am not 'wrong' to like what I like, I am just different from you. Understanding is not required, only tolerance. Move on.

Otherwise I don't think those of us who don't necessarily want this would have said anything except the way the original post was worded implied it was a universal desire. It isn't, and I am not the only one.
    ^ In addition to the quote above;

Please do tune down the strong / dominant tone of replies to other users. Everyone has the right to like/dislike features, suggestions etc. There is no need for dominant sounding opinions and remarks like posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks.
    Muara Creoshama! Merry Christmas!

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

Flowing water would be a big step in the right direction. Until then, I doubt a water park is "doable". Heck, cant make a waterfall without effects, and then they still dont look right. Im all down for some water parkness though.