Opinion on RCT3 suddenly being removed from steam and GOG

Thread: Opinion on RCT3 suddenly being removed from steam and GOG

Opinion on RCT3 suddenly being removed from steam and GOG

Have you heard about the news on RCT3 being deleted from Steam and GOG? Personally, I don't mind, because I have Planet Coaster (and very soon I will get Parkitect).

This is the news:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...A+Steam+RSS%29

You know, at this point nothing about Atari even surprises me, no matter how outlandish it might seem otherwise.

They've managed to scrape rock bottom and now have burrowed even deeper. Who knows what the whole story is, but what's being reported sounds VERY much like the claims Chris Sawyer made against them some years ago with a similar lawsuit. In fact I found myself checking the date on the article to make sure it was current and not talking about the Sawyer/Atari lawsuit. I guess Atari's trying to rely on old properties since they can't come up with any new one's extends to lawsuits as well...who knew?

Personally I'm just hoping that they manage finish running 'Atari' into the ground so far that there's no coming back so that this mutant wearing an Atari mask can finally be put out of it's misery. They certainly give every sign of that being their master plan...

Maybe they sold the property?
    E dor Planet Coaster! #TeamPC #CosmicCowWow

its just a digital media platform... its not like all copies in the entire world are gone or that you cant still get it else where
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    It's old news, and still purchaseble on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/282560

Besides, who cares about RCTW anyway?
    Because it's the beloved RCT3 not World
    - Planet Coaster - - Harry Potter - - Crafts - - Coding -

Originally Posted by WingardiumLevicoaster View Post (Source)
    Because it's the beloved RCT3 not World
    Lol. It was still early..........

Got a version on CD-ROM (or whatever, it's official). Who wants to buy it? $100 since it's a classic :P

Originally Posted by RedHair View Post (Source)
    Got a version on CD-ROM (or whatever, it's official). Who wants to buy it? $100 since it's a classic :P
    cheeky.... I already have one and I am selling it for $99
    - Planet Coaster - - Harry Potter - - Crafts - - Coding -