My Planet Coaster isn't updating.

Thread: My Planet Coaster isn't updating.

My Planet Coaster isn't updating.

I have downloaded the PlanetCoaster version from Steam and purchased it on the official Frontier Website, just before the anniversary update took place.

(I have no DLC's)

My Planet Coaster hasn't been added anything since then. Before purchasing, I looked on several update videos, and saw some of the new coaster, rides and more. This though isn't in my planet coaster. Just to list a few.... don't have one of those coasters that ride in a triangular shaped track, the one in which two coasters ride right next to each other, nor the go carts.

Is the problem that I haven't purchased any DLC? For I can see the hotel bluebrints (not the boxes to create your own) as locked, that I need to buy a pack. Or is there another way?

If anyone can help. I'd be glad. If you find any parts confusing, just ask, and I'll clarify.

Thanks everyone!

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Steam should update your game automatically unless you have it set to only queue updates or you're running in offline mode (in which case it wouldn't be aware an update is available). Make sure Steam is running online and if necessary start the update manually.

Also what version number do you have on the main screen in PC down the bottom left? 1.6? You say you can see the hotel blueprints as locked, sounds like you're on career/challenge mode. Have you tried looking for the new rides/features in sandbox under custom mode?

Originally Posted by inspectorgadget View Post (Source)
    Also what version number do you have on the main screen in PC down the bottom left? 1.6? You say you can see the hotel blueprints as locked, sounds like you're on career/challenge mode. Have you tried looking for the new rides/features in sandbox under custom mode?
    I started this park in scenario mode, then made it a real park. Does this affect that? Would it be different if I just start a new park?
    Thanks.

Yes as it's treated as a custom scenario and as such means that some items have to be researched or are otherwise unavailable depending on the scenario's settings.

Shane

Originally Posted by shaneturner12 View Post (Source)
    Yes as it's treated as a custom scenario and as such means that some items have to be researched or are otherwise unavailable depending on the scenario's settings.

Shane
    Ok, thanks all!
    Hope it works.