FAKE Kiddie Biplane Ride

Thread: FAKE Kiddie Biplane Ride

FAKE Kiddie Biplane Ride

So, still without real kiddie rides, faking must continue

Workshop link for the few who might be interested: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1366305177
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post (Source)
    VERRRRRY nice!
    Thank you much, sir!

Looking at it now, this has to work like a ferris wheel, with the ride rotating 1 car at a time to load/unload because there's no room to walk around the planes. But I have vague memories of rides like this doing that, so I guess it's OK, although not completely true to the original. But I'm not thrilled with the interplane struts made of fairy lights. Maybe 1m wood pillars suitably painted would have been better. But OTOH, you can light them up (they're all black and off right now) as-is, so perhaps that's a wash.
    -Bullethead

I seem to recall that these sort of rides are covered in lights so I wouldn't worry about the struts, in fact you could place lights along the entire fuselage and along the wings too.

A rotating light (from the new studio pack) would look great on top of the centre column.

Originally Posted by Big Draco View Post (Source)
    I seem to recall that these sort of rides are covered in lights so I wouldn't worry about the struts, in fact you could place lights along the entire fuselage and along the wings too.

A rotating light (from the new studio pack) would look great on top of the centre column.
    That's definitely 1 way to go. However, I prefer not to overtly theme things that others might find useful but want a different look, so I didn't put any lights on it at all. Also, I made this for a real park I'm recreating and the one there has no lights at all that I can see. So I left it a blank slate. If you want it in your park, feel free to hang lights all over it .

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    very cool
    Thanks!
    -Bullethead

I have updated this blueprint on Workshop. I moved all the platform pieces outboard about 1m all around, so the ride is about 2m wider but now you can walk around the outside to get to the planes far from the entrance. The platform is not centered under the planes, but looking at examples of the real thing, it's not suppose to be.
    -Bullethead

Parkitect just released a real ride version of this ride. I wish Frontier would do the same. The plane rides in PC already including the one in the vintage pack are not the same.

I wish Planet Coaster would get more kiddie rides. Maybe they can work on this for the next DLC.
    Ryan K
    VP & Director of Thrill Rides
    Charleston Gardens Amusement Park