[1.6] both iron chimneys now white - Page 5

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: both iron chimneys now white

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Wow...this thread really exploded since I first posted it ...what...65? 70 days ago?

There is another thread where a clock is mentioned. A bit of confusion ensues with a QA person because they have a build where it isn't a problem. I believe the take away from that was it should be fixed in the next update.

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sho...-black-anymore

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    There is another thread where a clock is mentioned. A bit of confusion ensues with a QA person because they have a build where it isn't a problem. I believe the take away from that was it should be fixed in the next update.

No, the problem there was the QA guy compared it with the latest release and the one before that, while it has been an issue for a long time now in several versions. So to him it appeared to be normal.

The checks in the latest builds and the problem being solved is a much heared response by the QA guys, but unfortunately, with a lot of of the known bugs, upon realease the issue still seems to be there.

So still no word on when or if this will eventually be fixed? For a game that sold itself on visuals it seems like fixing something like this would be somewhere on their radar by now with so many consumers complaining about it.

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)

Maybe they play not with version, that we all have on Steam. Could be, that all our problems with the game didn't exist in Frontiers Developement versions. And maybe a reason why they ignore all of this.

Coaster Head Club Member, VIP, Early Bird

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #87
    Hi all, nothing is ignored and we look at every report! There are some things to please bear in mind, however:

1. This forum section is monitored by the QA team. We investigate the problems you are reporting and if these problems can be reproduced, we will log them and forward the details to our development team for them to look into further.

2. We (QA) do not schedule the actual fixes for these problems, and as such cannot provide you with any status updates as to where the developers are currently at in terms of fixing the issues you have reported.

3. We test issues you report against the our latest internal build of the game, not the version you are currently playing. This is the version our developers are working on, and is a lot more recent. Sometimes the problems you report do not reproduce on this more recent version of the game, usually due to a fix being implemented for a different problem, or perhaps something has changed that leads to the problem no longer occurring.

Oh, so that means if the chimneys are fixed in Frontier’s version and not ours it means that they will be fixed for us in the next update whenever that is.

Chimneys anyway.. still no mention of the other items that were white... and still no mention about the roofs from a year ago. Also.... if the things you log are forwarded to the dev team why doesn't support have a clue half the time about these issues and say things like.. "We haven't heard of any issues with this"

Le sigh.. more fluff.

Originally Posted by QA-Mark View Post (Source)
    3. We test issues you report against the our latest internal build of the game, not the version you are currently playing. This is the version our developers are working on, and is a lot more recent. Sometimes the problems you report do not reproduce on this more recent version of the game, usually due to a fix being implemented for a different problem, or perhaps something has changed that leads to the problem no longer occurring.
    First of all, thanks that you take the time to give us a answer. After al the discussions in this forum a small light.

In my opinion it would make more sense to test issued problems on the same level as your customers and not on the machine of the developers. It's great to know, that obviously anything runs well on the developers systems. But a final test in Stream before publishing a update could be an option. This means ... install Steam, load Planet Coaster there and check the isssues there.

Coaster Head Club Member, VIP, Early Bird

The fact that the devs have a higher build than us means that they are still working on the game. Plus the steam db is showing a lot of activity lately. Maybe we are getting new stuff soon plus bug fixes. What happened to the bonus free ride or coaster every now and then?

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #92
    Originally Posted by xSHADOWx View Post (Source)
    Chimneys anyway.. still no mention of the other items that were white... and still no mention about the roofs from a year ago. Also.... if the things you log are forwarded to the dev team why doesn't support have a clue half the time about these issues and say things like.. "We haven't heard of any issues with this"

Le sigh.. more fluff.
    To be honest, you shouldn't really be reporting bugs to the Customer Support team, that's what this forum is for.

If you'd like to list some items you are concerned about, I will check the database and make sure they are in there. If a report was submitted about them, they should be, however anecdotal mentions in other reports could lead to them not being logged.

I appreciate that bugs can be frustrating, but throwing around accusations doesn't really help at all. Cheers.

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #93
    Originally Posted by Spanky View Post (Source)
    First of all, thanks that you take the time to give us a answer. After al the discussions in this forum a small light.

In my opinion it would make more sense to test issued problems on the same level as your customers and not on the machine of the developers. It's great to know, that obviously anything runs well on the developers systems. But a final test in Stream before publishing a update could be an option. This means ... install Steam, load Planet Coaster there and check the isssues there.
    The reason we test on our latest internal build is that it's much more up to date than the build you are all playing on, with a load more unreleased fixes already in it.

Performance tests are carried out across a range of hardware, and we test save games made in older versions on new builds also, to ensure compatibility whenever possible.

Question then.. If we shouldn't talk to Customer Support.. why are we told to contact them them on from Twitter.. Why was Rudi Renkammel told to contact them and then told by them that the Advanced Move crash, wasn't something they had heard any reports of. Why is it when someone asks for help in the tech support section here are these very forums A support person told them that they hadn't seen any issues of auto saving bugs when I myself reported it.. as well as others and finally after a year it actually being acknowledged as a bug. BY YOU.. and told it would be forwarded for review.

Its not really throwing around accusations. More like.. trying to figure out why no one at Frontier communicates with anyone not even each other.. BUt I mean hey.. if you want to make it seem like its just an accusation. Well then.. spin it however you want.

May I make a suggestion?

It is wise when an issue is being ackknowledged, the list of known issues is edited to it's current state.

Here it is: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sho...r-Known-Issues
    Top of the previous page, hard to miss it really.

Not updated since 6/2/2018. And that's strange, because there have been some serious issues reported since (and before) them.
    Even when the issue is fixed in devs builds, it's still an issue in ours and should be on that same list, untill it is acknowledged as being fixed after the release of an update.

I can see why people get the feeling things aren't being fixed if they aren't mentioned as issues.

We see a lot of mesages of "being reported", etc. But never we get back, "we know of the problem and the devs are working on a fix".

This one-way traffic communication between community and QA/devs/Frontier is not working. Somebody should recognize that at Frontier?

Just going to put this here as well.. since its relevent to the conversation at hand

More proof things aren't getting reported correctly

17. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #97
    I've checked and your report on this is has been logged (by myself) and was forwarded to the developers correctly. Please note that the report in question was not assigned to Sam, so he may not have been aware of it. It does not mean something hasn't been reported correctly.

Locking this now as there really isn't much more that can be said.

18. This is the last staff post in this thread. #98
    Hello all you beautiful people!

First and foremost, let me sincerely apologise for the lack of response on this thread. Community feedback and bug reporting is something that is invaluable to us and on this occasion we didnt get a response over as we would have liked.

The great news is that the reports have been viewed, the team have investigated the issues, and we can confirm that the bugs raised in this thread are getting fixed as part of our next update on the 10th of July.

Id like to take a moment to thank the team that worked on getting the fix in place. The whole team care deeply about getting this feedback and making the game experience better for all our players. Id also like to thank everyone in this thread for their detailed reporting and patience which allowed us to get this fix resolved.

We are always watching and listening *

Much love from the team!

*but not in a creepy way

Originally Posted by Sam Denney View Post (Source)
    Hello all you beautiful people!

First and foremost, let me sincerely apologise for the lack of response on this thread. Community feedback and bug reporting is something that is invaluable to us and on this occasion we didn’t get a response over as we would have liked.

The great news is that the reports have been viewed, the team have investigated the issues, and we can confirm that the bugs raised in this thread are getting fixed as part of our next update on the 10th of July.

I’d like to take a moment to thank the team that worked on getting the fix in place. The whole team care deeply about getting this feedback and making the game experience better for all our players. I’d also like to thank everyone in this thread for their detailed reporting and patience which allowed us to get this fix resolved.

We are always watching and listening *

Much love from the team!

*but not in a creepy way

As always, thank you for you and your team's dedication to making the greatest game ever!