A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision - Page 10

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post (Source)

I wish they at least started supporting mods

This is the only thing that's gonna bring me back to this game really.
    Early Bird.

Originally Posted by redrum View Post (Source)

I'd like a "minimum nudge" key for the advance move tool, to move an object the minimum or customisable distance rather than relying on mouse.
    LOVE THIS!!!

Originally Posted by Ramm View Post (Source)
    Same for me. I honestly lost faith in that developers would be ever wanted to full-fill my/our wishes (and most of them are reasonable and not all of them should be hard to do).

I believe players know the best what they want, so if we had modding, we would make PC the game we want it to be.

Same for me. I honestly lost faith in that developers would be ever wanted to full-fill my/our wishes (and most of them are reasonable and not all of them should be hard to do).

I believe players know the best what they want, so if we had modding, we would make PC the game we want it to be.
    Yeah it's quite obvious players know it better at this point.

I just can't handle playing it anymore with all those things i'm unable to do. Still no spline-based fence tool. Literally this is half the looks of the coaster, to box it in with fences. Most requested feature for almost 2 years and still nothing. And no way we're ever gonna get real rain and umbrellas. But they do have both in JWE though. Also the building is still far from perfect. No way of setting specific (rotation) snap distances yourself which has also been requested so many times but you are stuck with a minimum of 12.5% or do it visual only which is impossible. Once people would be able to mod these small things would be added within the first days. Then after more weeks or months the real fixes and gameplay stuff gets added. Untill then I cant be bothered with "management" where you plop down a 1x1 kiosk and staff will sometimes walk there and back.
    Early Bird.

i would love to see community created flat rides

Not to go off topic here, but I've just watched a few videos of Jurassic World: Evolution, and I have to say it looks bloody good. Not really into my dino games tbh, but the game play is what I personally hoped PC would be like.

Fingers crossed for some cross-pollinating of features in the future.

More of the latest post here are proving my point that Planco doesn't need to be just for the designers. People also want some gameplay. If i saw what kind of rides and scenery people created in RCT-3 to bring the game to a next gen themepark simulator, then i hope that Planco becomes the game we can modify to our own needs. But I personally think the DEV team want to try it on their own, so they can make money with paid DLC's. That is exact why EA Games get so much critic these days with all the micro-transaction gameplay. I think Frontier is going the same road, and not for the greater good of the game.

Maybe they could allow mods but open that up as part of a DLC, like selling a mod license so they can still make some money off it.

Originally Posted by djwessie View Post (Source)
    More of the latest post here are proving my point that Planco doesn't need to be just for the designers. People also want some gameplay. If i saw what kind of rides and scenery people created in RCT-3 to bring the game to a next gen themepark simulator, then i hope that Planco becomes the game we can modify to our own needs. But I personally think the DEV team want to try it on their own, so they can make money with paid DLC's. That is exact why EA Games get so much critic these days with all the micro-transaction gameplay. I think Frontier is going the same road, and not for the greater good of the game.
    Yes this is definately quite obvious the case here and it's a shame game devs are never honest about it.

Game developers/publisher are scared of mods because having mods means they actually have to release stuff that is of better quality than what some guy can release in their parents basement.

I've said from the start they should focus on game-changing DLC (like water park expansion) which is impossible for modders to create because they simply lack the skills to do so, but no they choose to release go-cart reskins or extra building block textures something everyone should be able to do.
    Early Bird.

Yes this is definately quite obvious the case here and it's a shame game devs are never honest about it.

Game developers/publisher are scared of mods because having mods means they actually have to release stuff that is of better quality than what some guy can release in their parents basement.

I've said from the start they should focus on game-changing DLC (like water park expansion) which is impossible for modders to create because they simply lack the skills to do so, but no they choose to release go-cart reskins or extra building block textures something everyone should be able to do.
    and exactly this did frontier with rct3 ... the two big expansions were game changing and after this two wonderful parts the game was open for all ... this strategy is in my mind the best one

I wish they at least started supporting mods
    I can only agree to this. Each of us has a clear idea of what his park should look like, but with the "limited" choice of parts, you have to constantly improvise and compromise. Apart from the fact that due to the sometimes quite high number of required material, the frame rate goes down.

Coaster Head Club Member, VIP, Early Bird

Originally Posted by joeee View Post (Source)
    and exactly this did frontier with rct3 ... the two big expansions were game changing and after this two wonderful parts the game was open for all ... this strategy is in my mind the best one
    But Frontier never opened the game to mods at all...the community itself with talented members like jonwil and others figured out how to mod.

While Frontier had always said they were 'open to the idea of allowing mods', neither they nor Atari authorized any of it, they simply did not stand in it's way, mostly because players were pretty careful in what liberties they took in tweaking and changing things. The same thing happened in rct2, the community itself came up with the mods, there was no official support, at best Atari and Frontier simply had a hands-off approach.

As much as it would be wonderful to have officially supported modding in the game, I personally don't see it coming - if at all - until interest in dlc starts to wane. Like it or not, dlc as Frontier is doing it, is a good business model for them, and Frontier is first and foremost a business...they aren't doing this just through the kindness of their hearts (although I do think that it's obvious that they put a lot of heart and soul into the game). And Frontier's dlc program is nothing like the constant micro-transactions some other games use at all, I don't think it's fair to even compare it to them.

That being said...I totally agree with Spanky. I too wish that they would support it for those same reasons.

Look at what the community did with coaster supports in RCT-3. Credits to the coaster and video goes to Silvarret. But the Supports look better then what Planet Coaster is offering us now. As you can see, the player knows it better then the DEV as shown here. I don't remember who made the Support Pack. But i used to use them a lot! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCg4hdZkyLg

I would die for mods.The community knows what they want in the game and even if you aren't good in modding,there's still atleast one person who has the same ideas for the game and makes a mod for them.I do understand Frontier's perspective in this however.They want to make money and mods bring them no money,that's why they make dlcs and dlcs won't sell when there are already mods.From my experience Frontier isn't a money making machine like Atari and they enjoy interacting with their community,using our ideas for the game,but they need to make money too,they can't make games without money,maybe they will make less dlcs and may even allow mods,when their new game jurrasic world evolution comes out,maybe there will be more dlcs for that then. Who knows?
    Europapark,Disneyland California, Port Aventura, Gardaland, Phantasialand and Efteling fan

Originally Posted by DisneylandFreak View Post (Source)
    I do understand Frontier's perspective in this however.They want to make money and mods bring them no money,that's why they make dlcs and dlcs won't sell when there are already mods.
    There are many examples of games open for modding with official DLCs. It can work very well, although not in in this way, when these DLCs are only mere scenery packs, with few rides. Frontier would have to work harder, and of course, they donīt want to work that hard. Not mentioning these DLCs and modding could well make interaction with community even better and best modders could be offered to be part of official DLC and get small profit share (some companies plan or already do that).

The worst about these DLCs is that they donīt rly help the game to keep alive. I donīt think they manage to keep people with the game long-term. It generates excitement, that lasts for short time, then it fades, then another DLC comes and it goes all over again. However, in the end, the game will slowly and surely fade away, because people will be annoyed with problems we are reporting since early bird release and are not being touched. And not all of these are very hard to do and I cannot still understand, why we still donīt have something as basic as shuttle mode for transport rides, nor I donīt get why they at least donīt say if they at least want to do that or not. Thatīs just one example, of course and there is much more of similar problems.

In my eyes, Frontier wasted potential there and dissapointed me, as I expected a bit different approach from their side. They are adding unimportant things (hotels - yes, sorry, itīs great addition, but I wish they re-balanced the game first instead). But hey, hotels will "sell" the game/update better, right? It will create better image of how great they care about the game, but in reality, itīs quite "fake". Yes, hotels indeed sound better than if there was written "we balanced the game and fixed this and that"....

The thing is, Frontier will have very hard time to get me back and make me buy any of their future games or even DLCs. And I forsee JPWE is not going to be that great either.

I wish I could say something else. But not saying PC is horrible, terrible and unplayable. Itīs not, it is success, but it has some, in my eyes, big problems due to those I lost motivation to play more.

Cities: Skylines is the perfect example of perfect DLC content with mod support.

Originally Posted by djwessie View Post (Source)
    Cities: Skylines is the perfect example of perfect DLC content with mod support.
    Yes, great example. They release gameplay changing DLCs and it works. If they did them how like Frontiers do them (only skins, buildings), it wouldnīt work.

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    Maybe they could allow mods but open that up as part of a DLC, like selling a mod license so they can still make some money off it.
    Yes it could work that way, by selling a toolkit to use to make your mods.
    E dor Planet Coaster! #TeamPC #CosmicCowWow

Yes, great example. They release gameplay changing DLCs and it works. If they did them how like Frontiers do them (only skins, buildings), it wouldnīt work.
    I mean, Frontier released most of the gamechanging features as free updates, so that comparison seems a bit unfair.

Originally Posted by Yoshi88 View Post (Source)
    I mean, Frontier released most of the gamechanging features as free updates, so that comparison seems a bit unfair.
    I donīt think so. To be honest, I feel Frontier adds these features only because it looks so cool. "look, how great we care about our game!". In reality, these features are often unbalanced, buggy or annoying.

I would be very happy, if they for change, were part of paid addons, but did them in higher quality. Same for rides. Honestly, Tower of Terror is great let down from what I have seen. It sadly reminded me RCTW. They also added new RollerCoaster for free, but it was mere flatride. Just so they didnīt have to work too hard for it.

If the rides and features got better quality, if included in paid DLC, Iīm on board.

Right now, we get some rides free, some in paid DLC along with scenery (while the quality is sometimes not so good, but itīs still not a disaster), scenery DLCs and all that is added on top of broken base games with unbalanced mechanics and no gameplay.

Havenīt played it for a long time, I must admit, but I can already see how hotels are again that kind of feature that you just place and then you donīt have to care about it, at all... I have read many things about it, watched dozen of videos, but I cannot see the gameplay value there. Because overall system of guest happines / park rating etc. is still the same and has no real impact. Adding hotels didnīt make it any better and more features will not make it better, because the problem is somewhere else.