A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision - Page 24

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: A community divided by a game that went astray of its original vision

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324
    Originally Posted by Aaronroberts12567 View Post (Source)
    https://i.imgur.com/CEoMYx2.png

I remember reading that last line in the artbook, and thinking "wow, Frontier won't disappoint, we'll get way more content!" but in terms of content, I wanted rides and coasters, as do a lot of people, and since release (dlc not included) we've had 6 coasters added to the game, 0 new tracked rides (again, I will say DLC not included) and 12 new flat rides, which is quite a few but, it just doesn't feel enough anymore :/ I was expecting more after reading that last line, but the more I was expecting was a lot more than what we've got I did post a content comparison in the off topic part of the forum if anyone wants to see how much more content RCT3 had~ I have said in the past that they shouldn't be compared but... iunno
    It will not get any better as long as people will be buying (and therefore supporting this form of DLC) Nowadays, you pay more for less content compared to old fashioned expansions. And the content is lacking. Just few days after the DLC/update release, you can start hearing people asking for more content again.

Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post (Source)
    It will not get any better as long as people will be buying (and therefore supporting this form of DLC) Nowadays, you pay more for less content compared to old fashioned expansions. And the content is lacking. Just few days after the DLC/update release, you can start hearing people asking for more content again.
    It also won't get any better if no one supports the DLC, Frontier thinks the game is dead, and stops doing anything for it.

I guess we can't win.

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    It also won't get any better if no one supports the DLC, Frontier thinks the game is dead, and stops doing anything for it.

I guess we can't win.
    They would have to move onto another game and re-think their business plan. Just make a game and not support it wouldnīt work very well for them long term.

Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post (Source)
    They would have to move onto another game and re-think their business plan. Just make a game and not support it wouldnīt work very well for them long term.
    Some of us don't want them to move on yet, so we still support it and try to encourage improvement here as best we can.

Originally Posted by lilibat View Post (Source)
    Some of us don't want them to move on yet, so we still support it and try to encourage improvement here as best we can.
    Me neither. Did I say that?

All we can do is make suggestions and hope and pray that they implement them. It's a waiting game. We won't find out what they are planning next until about three months from now. They won't offer feedback anymore about what they are working on until a week before release.

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    All we can do is make suggestions and hope and pray that they implement them. It's a waiting game. We won't find out what they are planning next until about three months from now. They won't offer feedback anymore about what they are working on until a week before release.
    But thatīs not true. There is more you can do. Not buying DLCs for instance. Because as long as they have the money coming, they donīt have a reason to worry about the serious stuff. They managed to get a lot of people who are simply happy with this form of DLC, sadly, because thatīs where they focus now. Unless this change, you can wait as long as you wish, but it will never come. With time, even these DLCs are not going to be profitable enough, so it will obviously drop and they will stop making them. But with that, any kind of support of this game will die too and this things you have been waiting for will be lost forever.

Suggestions related to QoL here on forums are those that should be implemented as soon as possible. The later in the production process, the harder to implement might some of them become.

I personaly refused to play the waiting game.

Don't buy DLC and play the game. They see people still like to play the game but do not like the DLC. Simple.

DISCLAIMER: I changed a significant part of this post (which made it far less critical in tone) after researching more about the upcoming DLC pack, which there wasn't much information to go on via the Facebook announcement. So apologies upfront to Frontier for initially asserting there were no new ride types present in it. I should have come here to view the full description of the DLC before jumping to conclusions (which were based primarily on certain reader responses to the Facebook post/livestream announcement, the latter of which I missed).

Frontier just announced a new "Vintage Pack" releasing July 10. It looks like it will add a couple more wooden coasters as well as some additional flat rides (all of which the game has sorely needed). For me personally, those are and should be the "star attractions" of any DLC or expansion for a game like PC.

Look, for the record I have absolutely no problem with additional theming and cosmetic add-ons in and of themselves; I actually play pretty much universally via Sandbox mode myself, in fact, for the creative freedom it offers. The issue here for me is that the Workshop is driving almost EVERYTHING for this game.

The irony is that the Workshop has actually made it more difficult for Planet Coaster to function as it should (if we're playing it as a theme park sim) on many people's computers. For every individual extra piece of scenery, wall section, and so on, the demand on a machine becomes more difficult to handle; this is where more pre-fab, "ready-to-drop" booths, buildings, and scenery items would be a huge relief. But a lot of creations in the Workshop are so ambitious and complex that they can't even be used inside an actual park; they'd bring everything to a frame-by-frame crawl.

What's even worse, when you get right down to it, is that even the most impressive and most subscribed-to creations at the Workshop MIGHT get opened up (let alone actually used) in someone else's park once if at all. There's tons of incredible stuff that took people countless hours to create in the Workshop that will probably never serve a practical function in the actual game itself or be used by anyone in-game. And yet that gets practically all the public attention from Frontier, week after week, and it's what's come to drive their primary development focus for Planet Coaster.

Under most circumstances things like customization are huge positives for a game, particularly one where folks design their own park/city/level/etc., but it's become such a myopic focus for Frontier that it's long since gotten away from being genuinely beneficial to the core game and its mechanics themselves. Planet Coaster has become a victim of the ambition of its own customization tools to the point where the forest (making practical, functional theme parks with new rides and other things associated with them) literally is being missed for the trees.

But at least A) we're getting a few more coasters and rides this time around and B) it's a free update, so I can't be too hard on them. They have done a great job on the free updates front since launch in particular, to be fair. I don't want to come across as unappreciative of that or Frontier's hard work in general; speaking for myself, I just wish more emphasis was being placed on the park-level stuff, more rides, and so on. But we'll take what we can get, at any rate.

And I'd be remiss to close without saying a sincere "Thank You" to the development team for another free update. I may be criticizing PC's direction a lot as of late, but like everyone else here, I post because I care about it.

Originally Posted by AtlantisAuthor View Post (Source)
    Under most circumstances things like customization are huge positives for a game, particularly one where folks design their own park/city/level/etc., but it's become such a myopic focus for Frontier that it's long since gotten away from being genuinely beneficial to the core game and its mechanics themselves.
    Agree

Originally Posted by AtlantisAuthor View Post (Source)
    Planet Coaster has become a victim of the ambition of its own customization tools to the point where the forest (making practical, functional theme parks with new rides and other things associated with them) literally is being missed for the trees.
    Figuratively and literally. The forest is being missed because you have to plant each individual tree.

This thread has become a mess where users continue to discuss lots of things, including discussion of off-topic subjects and discussing each other instead of the game.

Because of this reason I'm going ahead and close this thread.

You are welcome to start a new thread if you want to continue to discuss a specific subject.

Thanks for using the Planet Coaster forums!
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support