Improved Tools for Terrain and Water (VIDEO)

Thread: Improved Tools for Terrain and Water (VIDEO)

Improved Tools for Terrain and Water (VIDEO)

Doesn't ^ this ^ look soooo much easier? (sorry about the music Just hit MUTE )

We need TERRAIN GRIDS w/ ANGLES so basic geometric shapes can be less time consuming

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but its like, such a basic thing but... no, I know the voxel terrain is very complicated

This along with a "spline"/Click + Drag feature for walls/fences etc would be great!

Also increase the brush sizes for terrain, intensity, etc, and add a "random plant" brush

Please announce a big update soon along with rivers and pools!! maybe rain?
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

Don't we have a rain VFX with the Spooky pack... Granted it would take a long time to make it rain over the entire map... But yeah....

Originally Posted by Minnion View Post (Source)
    ...make it rain over the entire map...
    2D overlays are not "that ugly", I mean... it doesnt have to be all "voxel-3D" rain although I would want it to "not rain" when underground or underwater (walls Im not so much concerned about, unfortunately I think a lot of other people might be )

I just want to see umbrellas and/or ponchos I'm hoping guests will change clothes for pools or dress appropriately in colder climates too... the very first original teaser trailer for PlanCo shows a kid walking through a meadow, near a tree, and it was raining, then a cloud turned into a roller coaster and the sun showed up

I'm really in doubt if the voxel terrain is capable of doing these things.
    I think it requires a complete overhaul of the terrain system.

I get why you want this because it definitely is a lot easier, but I am no fan of squares in my terrain and I like the current more "natural" version more.

besides, I still believe the terrain tool works fine, besides the small brush size when making a large mountain.

Water is only placeable on certain levels (every 1 meter I think it is), which is a lot of the time at the wrong height.

this is what I don't get, why didn't they just updated the gameplay from RCT3 with new graphics, slicker programming etc? It feels like in some areas we have gone backwards?

Originally Posted by blobalbob View Post (Source)
    this is what I don't get, why didn't they just updated the gameplay from RCT3 with new graphics, slicker programming etc? It feels like in some areas we have gone backwards?
    Maybe because they where building Planet Coaster and not RCT.

This is subject to opinion.

I think PC is at least 10 steps forward.
    Thank god they didn't choose the isometric style, I'm glad the terrain is not square and paths can curve any way you want, with other words, I'm glad everything is free to form any way you want..

While PC is a lot better, there are quite a few things that RCT3 was better at. Water is one of them.

Originally Posted by PC1 View Post (Source)
    While PC is a lot better, there are quite a few things that RCT3 was better at. Water is one of them.
    They did it the same way!

Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post (Source)
    They did it the same way!
    So why are they saying they can't do water expansions?

Terrain water.

oops sorry for the double post, please delete this

Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post (Source)
    Terrain water.
    Thanks for adding to the discussion, though terrain water is not an expansion. Water is also not a type of terrain, at least not for guests to walk on. This thread is more about the terrain "tools" which will hopefully eventually include flowing rivers, waterfalls, undersea experiences, etc. I also mentioned walls/fences, or how about walls made of terrain??

I guess a water expansion seems like a popular request around here too but Schematics teams already mentioned that maybe it would be better for PlanCo to have a sequel?? though I'm not too sure about that myself

RCT3 had better water even without the Soaked Expansion.