What is happening? - Page 5

Thread: What is happening?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I'd much rather have some sort of vintage ride or Victorian scenery DLC than dinosaurs at this point.

Me too I rather see a vintage rides DLC with more classic rides such as The Whip for example. The Victorian scenery DLC is a cool idea as well. Let's hope Frontier announces what the next update will be. I also would like a water park DLC that would be a great fit for Planet Coaster.

I would like anything as long as it isn't waterparks.

More water rides I would be happy about as well.

What's Happening? nothing... Bo's off on holiday, no-one else communicating from Frontier; this forum and game is turning into a tumbleweed rolling down an empty road. We either need some announcement about a new DLC / update this week, in time for an Easter launch guys, or its game over. Here's hoping, just a little...

I can understand Frontier's policy of being quiet concerning updates, it's only been 3-4 months since the last update DLC, so I am not that worried. I am still enjoying the game but a purely a scenario based player who plays 2-3 hours per week it is startting a bit samey . But it does depend on the scenarios as some are a lot better than others.

At the end of the day its very hard to please everybody, lack of mods and needing a pretty hefty pc hasn't helped the game in the long run. (not a problem on my end). It's still a pretty healthy niche game.

Sometimes when I'm riding one of my rides I think...wow...this game just looks SOOOO good! We've never had this kind of realism in a game like this (No Limits aside...). So...although it doesn't have all the things I wish it had (yet), I'm still so thankful we have Planet Coaster. I do feel like there are things missing that we should have had at the beginning like classic rides and chairlifts and things so I'm hoping we get some of those things in future DLCs or updates. (Hoping like crazy we get chairlifts soon! I really would like them for my park! )

Originally Posted by Helena View Post (Source)
    We just got adventures recently so I think prehistoric would be delayed a bit, I would like to see some more variety,there's so many scenery they haven't touched on, and many that sorely need expanding.

But on other hand aventure would work fantastic together with prehistoric.
    I am willing to wait for howeverlong it will take for a Dinosaur or Prehistoric DLC. In the Meantime... i would be perfectly happy with an Atlantis Theme
    Forum Sillyness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

"needing a pretty hefty pc hasn't helped the game in the long run" - actually, the long run brings better faster PCs for running pc, so i'd guess that the long run is the best place to be playing planet coaster in the future...? my guess is also my hope.

Originally Posted by Minnion View Post (Source)
    Yeah.... Disappointing that we probably won't get Planet Coaster style Dinosaurs... (Heck having dinosaur animatronics that look like they wouldn't be out of place in a Gulpee commercial would be cool.)

Other things they could throw into a Prehistoric DLC would be things like Cavemen, Cave paintings, Dinosaur and Mammoth bones and skulls, a natural stone building set, Roasting meat on a primitive spit, Animatronic Mammoths, more giant bugs like dragon flies... Saber Toothed Tigers doing stuff, perhaps some giant prehistoric rodents, maybe a woolly rhino... And perhaps even a Caveman entertainer who wanders around dragging a club...
    this is making my mouth drool, and it sounds like for a wasted effort.

I could not care less about Jurassic World anything.

I am not going to complain about the prices of DLC because that money is the game's life support. Sure if the prices were inflated a lot maybe I would then, but as it stands I am OK with current prices and happy to support the game. In fact please give me more things to purchase!

There are a few projects I'd like to do in game but I kind of want to see what the next DLC will be and if it will have any assets I could use. Adventure was a HUGE boon for my Halloween/Goth park which might not makes sense in the abstract but things like the digging archeologist making a great grave digger really added a lot of variety to what I could do. Adv made doing a whole Haunted New Orleans/Swamp section of my park possible.

I'm getting antsy for news too, won't lie.

I would be happy about a asia theme, with chinese /japanese roofs and indian/arab domes, which would raise the FPS very much higher too, because you don't need to build them with hundred other tiles.

But I must agree, that there is really nothing happedned here. The Community managers "just" play the games on "Twitch" and "Youtube" and that's it. But you have to come up with a little more if you want to keep your buyers happy in the long term. How about some "behind the scenes" streams or something from the archives. It would be very interested to have a look back on the creation of the Spooky or Adventure Pack.

Coaster Head Club Member, VIP, Early Bird

Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post (Source)
    I am willing to wait for howeverlong it will take for a Dinosaur or Prehistoric DLC. In the Meantime... i would be perfectly happy with an Atlantis Theme
    Or what about a powered coaster DLC
    Early Bird + Coaster Head + Single VIP =

Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post (Source)
    chairlifts...please?
    Oh yes, much needed

Along with Helter Skelter, Larger SIngle Tier Carousel, and a VIntage Paratrooper ride, that'll do me ...they should be included for the base game mind.

As for the new DLC, a 'Victorian' one would be nice, or Spring related, Plants, Flowers, Shrubs etc, my other Fav would just be one that fills out existing themes, I can think of plenty of stuff the 'Western' theme is short of.

I definitely want more flat rides, including a larger diameter carousel. A chair lift and elevator would be great too.

How about a DLC pack called "All the Stuff the Game is Still Missing Pack"

My provider wouldn't allow me to download that many stuff.......

No, kidding, yes some things can be described as "missing", but on the other hand it's easy to sum up 100 items in a certain scenery theme to be "missing", but I don't think it should be described that way.
    The same with classic rides that "should have been in the game". Which is also subject to opinion.

I think that some walls that are only available with certain textures while other wall types are not, can be considered as "missing".

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    My provider wouldn't allow me to download that many stuff.......

No, kidding, yes some things can be described as "missing", but on the other hand it's easy to sum up 100 items in a certain scenery theme to be "missing", but I don't think it should be described that way.
    The same with classic rides that "should have been in the game". Which is also subject to opinion.

I think that some walls that are only available with certain textures while other wall types are not, can be considered as "missing".
    Yeah, have to agree. What some consider missing others might not. Having said that, I would love to have the quarter round wall pieces in every texture, with roofs to match.

Yeah, I'm also a little tired of hearing this or that "should have been in the base game". Says who? Us? I think Frontier let us know what was supposed to be in the base game when they released it.

Nice, but pretty accurate

"missing" is a very open term to use...its more like "what would have been nice if they were included in the game already". How do we really know if something is missing if you didn't have it to begin with???