The last free big update??? - Page 8

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The last free big update???

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    It tells you that this is an extremely difficult genera to succeed in. The main genera (tycoon and simulation) is niche by itself and the theme park section of it is very small. That gives you a very slim customer base in the first place which makes it a high risk genera to make money in. I think this is one of the main reasons we have not seen anything for so long. All creds to Frontier that they decided to take it on again and from the sales figures, it seems like they succeeded. The work is not done but they have heck of a good start.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Really? Maybe it is time to re-priorities your life and make sure your marriage comes first. No game or anything else in the world should be more important than your marriage and family.
    Theme Park on the Amiga in the early 90's where you could buy other theme parks around the world buy shares, adjust stock levesl do the logistics list goes on that was done nearly 3 decades ago, brilliant game, why could no one have the brains to carry that one on?

As for marriage it is fine now, I was saying that the game design has meant crafting a building can take several if not a dozen hours to do as snap on ability is like non-existent and mass additions still take time when could be made easier. We all have addictions and is fair to say us here are playing this game in an addictive sense, I know this due to the immense hours involved in just building a medium sized park with all the trimmings.

Dunno, maybe one of these days someone might actually start caring: Threads have an OP and headline for a reason. There are actually peoplpe in here trying to discuss the topic but it's nearly impossible to do so because of all the crap posts.

If anyone wants to cry about how feedback is not constructive or offer marriage counseling and whatever else how about you move it to another thread or PM?!

Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the interesting discussion about feedback.

Would you guys be able to get back on topic now? That would be appreciated .

Originally Posted by En Anu View Post (Source)
    ITheme Park on the Amiga in the early 90's where you could buy other theme parks around the world buy shares, adjust stock levesl do the logistics list goes on that was done nearly 3 decades ago, brilliant game, why could no one have the brains to carry that one on?
    Maybe because it was not as good of a feature among the majority of the player base as you make it seems like? Or maybe because none of the developers that has been working on the various theme park games, including some of the RCT titles, did not like that feature to be in their games. I highly doubt it has to do with brain power. More likely an active or passive choice made by the developers. If you want a game or a feature like that, you either put in a friendly request to any of the theme park game developers (there is a forum section for things like that here as a suggestion) or you start develop your own theme park game and put in whatever features you want in it. You would have full control.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by seeker939 View Post (Source)
    Dunno, maybe one of these days someone might actually start caring: Threads have an OP and headline for a reason. There are actually peoplpe in here trying to discuss the topic but it's nearly impossible to do so because of all the crap posts.

If anyone wants to cry about how feedback is not constructive or offer marriage counseling and whatever else how about you move it to another thread or PM?!
    I agree with this. However, I think at this point, this thread has run its course and there is not much more to add. No one knows if this was the last free big update. Only Frontier knows their future business plans for Planet Coaster and they will not share anything until ready. We can sit here and guess all day long, it won't change anything. BUT, there is no sign today that we won't keep seeing updates in the future, whether there are big or small, free or paid for.

My personal guess is that we will keep see free smaller updates that will add bug fixes, tweaks to game play, certain QoL and general improvements along with bigger (spooky pack or larger) paid for updates. This is my guess, but, as for every one else, it is just a guess, not fact. Kind of silly to argue back and forth about guesses.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Value when it comes to in game items can be a very subjective topic. What one person puts stake in as being worth their money won't always match up one for one. And there was never a place ANYWHERE that Frontier promised equal content to any previous RCT game or equivalent. No matter how much its assumed by the community at large. So in that regard Frontier owes nothing and has nothing to apologize of even argue. As for those people who claim the "but but they said Management Evolved". An argument I've deflated on many occasions. Its a marketing line, as many others have said.

For those of you who feel cheated Im sorry you feel that way. It stinks not getting what you value as your moneys worth. It happens to me all the time. Im sure it happens to everyone. But for the sake of sanity, for the sake that we are all human beings worthy and deserving of everyone else's highest respect. Please refrain from insults. Please refrain from demands, arguments.

As for getting on topic. I feel Frontier has given us plenty for free. Any "large" scale packs will most likely be charged for. And thats fine by me. But as BO and so many other moderators and lovely Frontier workers have said: Nothing has been announced formally.

Lets just wait and see, apologize for any insults and just get on with our lives.... Its toxic stuff like this im down to using just this fourm and no others.

Originally Posted by SoapyIllusion View Post (Source)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Value when it comes to in game items can be a very subjective topic. What one person puts stake in as being worth their money won't always match up one for one. And there was never a place ANYWHERE that Frontier promised equal content to any previous RCT game or equivalent. No matter how much its assumed by the community at large. So in that regard Frontier owes nothing and has nothing to apologize of even argue. As for those people who claim the "but but they said Management Evolved". An argument I've deflated on many occasions. Its a marketing line, as many others have said.

For those of you who feel cheated Im sorry you feel that way. It stinks not getting what you value as your moneys worth. It happens to me all the time. Im sure it happens to everyone. But for the sake of sanity, for the sake that we are all human beings worthy and deserving of everyone else's highest respect. Please refrain from insults. Please refrain from demands, arguments.

As for getting on topic. I feel Frontier has given us plenty for free. Any "large" scale packs will most likely be charged for. And thats fine by me. But as BO and so many other moderators and lovely Frontier workers have said: Nothing has been announced formally.

Lets just wait and see, apologize for any insults and just get on with our lives.... Its toxic stuff like this im down to using just this fourm and no others.
    Well said!