Placement of water bodies and sudden loss

Thread: Placement of water bodies and sudden loss

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Placement of water bodies and sudden loss

    Could use some help, please.. What happen while placing a few water bodies i i have effectually removed one other .. I have attempted in getting it back but to no avail. Has anyone encountered this problem if so .. a simple fix or is this a bug un-yet discovered till now? If at all possible a step by step solution please. When saved i save on-top of the existing park therefore i cannot go back.. Thank you for your time

  2. #2
    Moved to how do I sub thread. Hoping you will get the help you need here.
    - Planet Coaster - - Harry Potter - - Crafts - - Coding -

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Pictures would help. But short story is that water is a surface, and if is within roughly 2m of another water surface, they merge (or one is deleted).
    If you find the place the terrain causes the surface to interact with the one your trying to place, and make the gap bigger, you'll get it back.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by WingardiumLevicoaster View Post (Source)
    Moved to how do I sub thread. Hoping you will get the help you need here.
    Thank you

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by jamesviago View Post (Source)
    Pictures would help. But short story is that water is a surface, and if is within roughly 2m of another water surface, they merge (or one is deleted).
    If you find the place the terrain causes the surface to interact with the one your trying to place, and make the gap bigger, you'll get it back.
    You will see as i have given description...

    I have placed all bodies of water without incident .. The last thing i did was to place a ride. no water.. I have removed the ride and attempted to return water .. fruitless Name:  Water.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  932.5 KB

    - - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

    Thank you for your help

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by rforeman View Post (Source)
    Picture's would help tho see what's going on.
    Name:  Water.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  932.5 KB The picture you had requested follow up post bellow... Thank you for your help

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Big-Rich View Post (Source)
    Name:  Water.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  932.5 KB The picture you had requested follow up post bellow... Thank you for your help
    Did you alter any terrain near your paths?

    There should always be a a small flat area next to the path to prevent it getting to close.

    This is where I always lose my water. When I smooth the terrain near paths. It does not like to get close to them.

    Using ctrl-Z didn't work at that moment you lost the water.

    My advice:
    always use ctrl-Z after accidental removal of water. It's easier than trying to place the water back.
    It also makes it a bit clearer to see where the issue was/is.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Did you alter any terrain near your paths?

    There should always be a a small flat area next to the path to prevent it getting to close.

    This is where I always lose my water. When I smooth the terrain near paths. It does not like to get close to them.

    Using ctrl-Z didn't work at that moment you lost the water.

    My advice:
    always use ctrl-Z after accidental removal of water. It's easier than trying to place the water back.
    It also makes it a bit clearer to see where the issue was/is.
    Thank you

  10. #10
    I think Luuknoord is correct. It is most likely something to do with the paths. Just from looking at the picture. Try removing the paths where they are going over the water and see it lets you place the water.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by rforeman View Post (Source)
    I think Luuknoord is correct. It is most likely something to do with the paths. Just from looking at the picture. Try removing the paths where they are going over the water and see it lets you place the water.
    Thank you

    - - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

    Thank you all very much for your help It is very much appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments