RCTWorld General Discussion - Page 445

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: RCTWorld General Discussion

Page 445 of 445 FirstFirst ... 441442443444445
Results 8,881 to 8,894 of 8894
    Well, truthfully the box art keeps up with Atari's history of box art as far as accurately depicting what's in the game. It's not like the RCTw artwork looked anything like RCTw - no zombie peeps, nor did the RCT3 artwork look anything at all like RCT3 with it's Bobble-head sisters.

I've never understood the need for such fairly realistic artwork for the cover that has no connection with the actual game's styling...are they ashamed of it? Do they think people won't buy it if the box art is accurate? Are they afraid that box art based on what's actually in the game would how other similar games like PC have progressed while Atari clings to an art style that was featured in their last success almost 20 years ago?

If I'm nostalgic for a 20 year old game I'll actually play that 20 year old game myself...

I'm thinking of an alternate universe where Atari never gets involved with the RCT franchise, as they never existed. Instead, mobile game developer Gameloft owns the franchise in this new universe.

Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    I'm thinking of an alternate universe where Atari never gets involved with the RCT franchise, as they never existed. Instead, mobile game developer Gameloft owns the franchise in this new universe.
    How is the RCT franchise doing in that alternate universe of yours?
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post (Source)
    How is the RCT franchise doing in that alternate universe of yours?
    Perfect. They always make the games extremely realistic, as they are co-developed by Frontier. In this alternate universe, RCT World, RCT4 Mobile, and RCT Touch have received "universal acclaim" on Metacritic.

Originally Posted by Wagi View Post (Source)
    Well, truthfully the box art keeps up with Atari's history of box art as far as accurately depicting what's in the game. It's not like the RCTw artwork looked anything like RCTw - no zombie peeps, nor did the RCT3 artwork look anything at all like RCT3 with it's Bobble-head sisters.

I've never understood the need for such fairly realistic artwork for the cover that has no connection with the actual game's styling...are they ashamed of it? Do they think people won't buy it if the box art is accurate? Are they afraid that box art based on what's actually in the game would how other similar games like PC have progressed while Atari clings to an art style that was featured in their last success almost 20 years ago?

If I'm nostalgic for a 20 year old game I'll actually play that 20 year old game myself...
    The accurate box art worked well for Nintendo, particularly with Super Mario Bros., but I'm not sure it would work so well for RCT... Also, that one guy's gonna break his arm from hitting the track!

Perfect. They always make the games extremely realistic, as they are co-developed by Frontier. In this alternate universe, RCT World, RCT4 Mobile, and RCT Touch have received "universal acclaim" on Metacritic.
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to just invent a Universe when we are not happy with our current one? Sadly it doesn't work that way.
    Forum Sillyness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

Uhm, then I guess the Gameloft in your parallel universe is also an innovative, consumer friendly and disciplined developer. Because in our plane of existence, Gameloft is a creatively and possibly morally bankrupt company that only knocks off popular franchises with free-to-wait cashgrabs. I guess RCT Mobile and Touch did not well enough to "inspire" them to create a "Theme Park Magnet" yet.

Even from just looking at the first screenshot, it already looks dated by 10 years, and this is a supposed Nintendo Switch game! Also, inexplicably, clicking on one of the images may bring you an image of this, which I assume is just Atari sloppily putting RCTA on one of their older projects and forgot to take the link out.
    I definitely have to agree with you, Serpentrax.

Originally Posted by Serpentrax View Post (Source)
    Atari's clueless mishaps are becoming comedy gold at this point. You just can't make this stuff up.

Originally Posted by Serpentrax View Post (Source)
    Uhm, then I guess the Gameloft in your parallel universe is also an innovative, consumer friendly and disciplined developer. Because in our plane of existence, Gameloft is a creatively and possibly morally bankrupt company that only knocks off popular franchises with free-to-wait cashgrabs. I guess RCT Mobile and Touch did not well enough to "inspire" them to create a "Theme Park Magnet" yet.
    They even changed a few of the games in this alternate universe. RCT Adventures is not a clone of RCT Touch, and RCT Joyride was never pulled from stores because you don't shoot at orbs on a coaster. Instead, you just visit a virtual amusement park and complete objectives, Thrillville style.

I can only imagine what Planet Coaster would have been in that universe.

Planet Coaster and its sequel are still theme park simulation games, but they have shooter-style elements.

Thanks for the good laugh.

Now lets get back on topic: the game RollerCoaster Tycoon World in our common universe.
    Drink soda! Now available in your nearest Planet Coaster theme park.

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

I have a picture showing off the aftermath of the battle between Planet Coaster and RCT World with our good buddy, Judd.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Planet Coaster vs. RCT World.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	698.6 KB 
ID:	1263