RCTWorld General Discussion - Page 559

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: RCTWorld General Discussion

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 556557558559
Results 8,371 to 8,372 of 8372
    Originally Posted by SoapyIllusion View Post (Source)
    If thats the case why not just sell the game outright to Atari? Why keep this negotiating ?
    He has legacy rights to all games sales - RCT3 still sells on Steam. Why sell something for a one off figure when you can hold it and get endless money? And also, in ten years time it's entirely possible a new producer might see value in bringing back a 'new RCT'. Not likely, but always possible.

Originally Posted by Serpentrax View Post (Source)
    I think Chris Sawyer is perfectly aware of the fact that Atari is not going to be around for another five years...
    Indeed. I think it's quite poignant that this renewal was far shorter than the last...

EDIT: For pure nostalgia reasons it's almost guaranteed that 'Atari' will be around indefinitely. Just hopefully not the current Atari. It's almost impossible to kill off such a long established name though, someone would buy the name/logo/nostalgia and do something with it.

Originally Posted by Deuce View Post (Source)
    EDIT: For pure nostalgia reasons it's almost guaranteed that 'Atari' will be around indefinitely. Just hopefully not the current Atari. It's almost impossible to kill off such a long established name though, someone would buy the name/logo/nostalgia and do something with it.
    You should take a look at Commodore and Amiga..
    Thanks to how these brands were destroyed since the demise of original companies they are now worth nothing and I expect the same will be happening with Atari.

Page 559 of 559 FirstFirst ... 556557558559