RCTWorld General Discussion - Page 538

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: RCTWorld General Discussion

Page 538 of 538 FirstFirst ... 535536537538
Results 8,056 to 8,067 of 8067
    Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post (Source)
    Unzip your... pocket, pull out your phone and launch RCT4M or Touch?

Yeah that would be awful, however I don't understand why I have to turn on my blender?
    Easy; To dispose of your phone once the game is done tainting it....

Touch was designed as a typical Free-to-wait app and ticks all the boxes that make this genre so hated. I call it "app" because cow-clickers are by definition not games. There is no win or fail state, no actual challenge and no rules to play by. Creatively it's completely bankrupt and the highlight of the app -the rollercoasters- look absolutely abysmal, even on the spiced-up screenshots. I dare to say that RCT4M looks better. Uninspired, soulless and absolutely nothing like RCT, but at least the artstyle of 4 is consistent and the cartoony prerendered coaster pieces look better than the malformed freeform track of the sequel.

Speaking of cow-clickers, I still see a change for Atari to turn RCTW into a freemium game now that the sales figures have flattened. They can introduce the card system and wait-timers from Touch into World's campaign and when that is too costly to develop, they can always hook up some third party ad-provider and turn RCTW Free Edition into one big piece of adware. The three players that payed for their copy and didn't get a refund can be shut up with a free Atari Vault key since that is cheaper than purchasing "unique" assets from the Unity Store especially for them. Release date? I'd say April 10th sounds about right!

Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post (Source)
    Unzip your... pocket, pull out your phone and launch RCT4M or Touch?

Yeah that would be awful, however I don't understand why I have to turn on my blender?

That's not the correct zipper Deuce was referring to

Yeah thats the worst part of these "games". In some cases it can work, especially if you dont want to pay for anything outright. But its that mode wait to win, that saps creativity out of it. In a game like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Planet Coaster, creativity is key. You can't take the time to be elaborate and detailed in your coasters than you've killed the soul of the whole game. The whole soul man!!!!

Originally Posted by Deuce View Post (Source)
    Actually they might be being quite clever. I have questioned why they allowed such a high price difference across various regions from day one (I think even pre-launch you could buy it for around £10 if you swapped steam location to Brazil etc..). All I can assume is that while they know it's really a £4.99 quality game, they are happy to sell it for more if they can. But at the same time anyone who isn't prepared to spend that much can find it far cheaper with a little searching.

I don't imagine that many ppl paid the full steam price though. CD keys was paying via google adwords to be at top position when people searched for the game and they were selling copies for about £13 right at the very start!
    I am not so sure about that, as it is not selling at all according to steamdb/steamspy.
    At least if they lowered the price to a typical shovelware indie game, they would at least sell some copies.

Originally Posted by boxman View Post (Source)
    I am not so sure about that, as it is not selling at all according to steamdb/steamspy.
    At least if they lowered the price to a typical shovelware indie game, they would at least sell some copies.
    Oh I agree entirely! As of about 6 months ago it makes no sense trying to sell it for more than an indie game on any channel. I was talking about why they set the prices in different channels/regions as they did in the first place.

Like everything else they do, I suspect the only reason they haven't now reduced the steam price is that they're simply not on top of what they're doing. Distracted by new ways to rush something off in an attempt to monetise old IP in a hurry rather than plan and do something properly, with pride.

Sales haves stalled. Other than going through the motions of whatever plans they had in place already, I can't see any evidence of them actually thinking about the future of RCTW now.

Even though I was not a victim of this game, it really makes me absolutely furious how they are treating their own community right now.
    I even predicted that this would happen, but yet for some reason this piece of ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ company is making me emotional.

If I was a community manager, I would have quit Atari long ago or else I would not be able to live with myself.

Originally Posted by boxman View Post (Source)
    Even though I was not a victim of this game, it really makes me absolutely furious how they are treating their own community right now.
    I know what you mean. My main reason for staying there as long as I did was because I felt so bad seeing so many people posting threads about their game not working and asking where support was. I tried to save them time telling them the situation over there as well as who else they could contact, but they never pulled through.

I know we can't talk about moderation over there, but I think was right about my last post on that forum (which is no longer there). They simply don't give a single solid you know what anymore, and I understand why. What I don't understand is why they're still there.

Every time I look at RCTW, I'm so glad I refunded it and got Planet Coaster instead. I think it has some sort of evil curse on it that makes me feel a little nauseous whenever I look at it!
    -----------------Coaster Head----------------------------------------Early Bird------------------------

grill em chief

I still haven't received my prize from RollerCoaster Tycoon for winning the spinning coaster challenge. I'm not shocked or anything, but it's pretty bad.
    Planet Coaster Ambassador - Coaster Head Club Member - Chief Beef Costume Animator - Always Happy To Help

Workshop Item: Thomas The Tank Engine Workshop Item: Backtrack Shuttle Coaster

Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post (Source)
    I still haven't received my prize from RollerCoaster Tycoon for winning the spinning coaster challenge. I'm not shocked or anything, but it's pretty bad.
    What a surprise...
    I really do not get how they think they will benefit from ignoring the entire community including their own challenge competitons, when it costs them absolutely nothing to decare a winner and gift you that cheap Atari game you would never have bought in first place.
    I really wonder what is really going on in the heads of the suits at Atari if there is anytihng going on there at all.

Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post (Source)
    As it's been ignored for so long I think you should just start a new thread about it to 'remind' them. Since they locked the last one!!

Maybe also warn others on tpsg against entering atari competitions. It's really not on to promise a prize and then ignore the winner...

Page 538 of 538 FirstFirst ... 535536537538