RCTWorld General Discussion - Page 403

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: RCTWorld General Discussion

Page 403 of 441 FirstFirst ... 400401402403404405406 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,060 of 8801
    Originally Posted by Deuce View Post (Source)
    I'm going to gift a copy of RCTW to whoever posts the 10,000th comment on this thread. Can't say fairer than that
    More of a punishment than a gift...

Originally Posted by Rhuloe View Post (Source)
    More of a punishment than a gift...
    Yea... I might have just killed the thread with my 'gift' lmao

I'm going to gift a copy of RCTW to whoever posts the 10,000th comment on this thread. Can't say fairer than that
    Ok, how do I avoid it at all costs? keep reminding me so that I'm not the 10,000th

Originally Posted by Aaronroberts12567 View Post (Source)
    Ok, how do I avoid it at all costs? keep reminding me so that I'm not the 10,000th
    I swear I've now made it so this thread will get to 9,999 posts and then stay there for the rest of time

Originally Posted by mbc View Post (Source)
    Now you can get the game for only 4,99 on German Amazon ... what a shame. https://www.amazon.de/RollerCoaster-...dp/B016E495E2/ I feel so unbelievable pranked by ATARI ...
    I am really surprised they have not lowered the price on steam yet. I expected that to happen within a month of release considering the lack of sales. But Atari as usual are complete morons.

Originally Posted by boxman View Post (Source)
    I am really surprised they have not lowered the price on steam yet. I expected that to happen within a month of release considering the lack of sales. But Atari as usual are complete morons.
    Actually they might be being quite clever. I have questioned why they allowed such a high price difference across various regions from day one (I think even pre-launch you could buy it for around 10 if you swapped steam location to Brazil etc..). All I can assume is that while they know it's really a 4.99 quality game, they are happy to sell it for more if they can. But at the same time anyone who isn't prepared to spend that much can find it far cheaper with a little searching.

I don't imagine that many ppl paid the full steam price though. CD keys was paying via google adwords to be at top position when people searched for the game and they were selling copies for about 13 right at the very start!

Is it bad that I'm willing to be number 10,000 purely because I want to play it only for the achievements? And also to create a video on how hilariously rubbish it is?

I will take one for the team everyone!
    Coasterhead Club | Steam: Jammy3112
    Planet Coaster - Wrestling - Harry Potter

Originally Posted by Jammy3112 View Post (Source)
    Is it bad that I'm willing to be number 10,000 purely because I want to play it only for the achievements? And also to create a video on how hilariously rubbish it is?

I will take one for the team everyone!
    I only bought it to stream about it - which I never got around to doing. And it's so amazingly crap that I only played about 2 hours. One hour to make sure it was as crap as suspected, and the other hour to make a spinning coaster for the competition - which I didn't bother to enter int he end. I'm glad, poor Sawyer entered and won and over a week later they still haven't announced it or sent the prize lmao!

I paid 5.76 for deluxe. I can say hand on heart, I would rather have the money back.

Atari should have stuck to Online gambling in my Opinion. Buying their Games becomes almost like gambling in a way: You hope to get something good, but most of the time you lose. Kinda like playing the Claw Machine. You keep thinking: "This time i will win the Prize" But the limp wristed claw always gently slips over everything you try to grab.

I wonder for how much longer they can go on like this. Either they will have an unexpected succesful title, or they spend all their Money on crap Games and FINALLY go Bankrupt for good. Atari just doesn't have a clue how to Business properly.

Anyone else notice how much Mass Effect Andromeda seems to have taken their character movements from RCTW?
    MY DOUBLE TRACK ELEVATED MONORAIL STATION: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...03&searchtext=
    My Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/lostaname
    An agile Gulpee in his (un)natural habitat: http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/awxMWWx_460sv.mp4

Originally Posted by Empo View Post (Source)
    Anyone else notice how much Mass Effect Andromeda seems to have taken their character movements from RCTW?
    At much as Mass Effect Andromeda is pretty janky ATM (played trial) it a ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ sight better than RCTW is. You can't get away with anything these days, I don't mind mediocre games if the subject matter/genre appeals to me.

RCTW takes the title for worse game of last few years.

I had high hopes for Mass Effect 4. Hopefully the technical issues can be sorted. I'll wait for that. I can concentrate on my other games like BOTW.
    As for the 10,000 post. I'd go for it. I want to play RCTW for science. I wont pay for it lol. But I am curious how bad it really is in its current state.

I can tell a lot of screenshots and video. But I can't feel the pain a person feels as they play it.

Originally Posted by SoapyIllusion View Post (Source)
    I had high hopes for Mass Effect 4. Hopefully the technical issues can be sorted. I'll wait for that. I can concentrate on my other games like BOTW.
    As for the 10,000 post. I'd go for it. I want to play RCTW for science. I wont pay for it lol. But I am curious how bad it really is in its current state.

I can tell a lot of screenshots and video. But I can't feel the pain a person feels as they play it.
    You can simulate the same pain level:

1) Turn a blender up to max and take off the lid.

2) Unzip your...

You can simulate the same pain level:

1) Turn a blender up to max and take off the lid.

2) Unzip your...

Unzip your... pocket, pull out your phone and launch RCT4M or Touch?

Yeah that would be awful, however I don't understand why I have to turn on my blender?

Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post (Source)

Yeah that would be awful, however I don't understand why I have to turn on my blender?
    Lol yea something like that...

Although so far as I can tell touch is kinda decent as a mobile game - providing you ignore the obvious intent to rinse you of money for progress.

Easy; To dispose of your phone once the game is done tainting it....

Touch was designed as a typical Free-to-wait app and ticks all the boxes that make this genre so hated. I call it "app" because cow-clickers are by definition not games. There is no win or fail state, no actual challenge and no rules to play by. Creatively it's completely bankrupt and the highlight of the app -the rollercoasters- look absolutely abysmal, even on the spiced-up screenshots. I dare to say that RCT4M looks better. Uninspired, soulless and absolutely nothing like RCT, but at least the artstyle of 4 is consistent and the cartoony prerendered coaster pieces look better than the malformed freeform track of the sequel.

Speaking of cow-clickers, I still see a change for Atari to turn RCTW into a freemium game now that the sales figures have flattened. They can introduce the card system and wait-timers from Touch into World's campaign and when that is too costly to develop, they can always hook up some third party ad-provider and turn RCTW Free Edition into one big piece of adware. The three players that payed for their copy and didn't get a refund can be shut up with a free Atari Vault key since that is cheaper than purchasing "unique" assets from the Unity Store especially for them. Release date? I'd say April 10th sounds about right!

That's not the correct zipper Deuce was referring to

Yeah thats the worst part of these "games". In some cases it can work, especially if you dont want to pay for anything outright. But its that mode wait to win, that saps creativity out of it. In a game like Roller Coaster Tycoon or Planet Coaster, creativity is key. You can't take the time to be elaborate and detailed in your coasters than you've killed the soul of the whole game. The whole soul man!!!!

Actually they might be being quite clever. I have questioned why they allowed such a high price difference across various regions from day one (I think even pre-launch you could buy it for around 10 if you swapped steam location to Brazil etc..). All I can assume is that while they know it's really a 4.99 quality game, they are happy to sell it for more if they can. But at the same time anyone who isn't prepared to spend that much can find it far cheaper with a little searching.

I don't imagine that many ppl paid the full steam price though. CD keys was paying via google adwords to be at top position when people searched for the game and they were selling copies for about 13 right at the very start!
    I am not so sure about that, as it is not selling at all according to steamdb/steamspy.
    At least if they lowered the price to a typical shovelware indie game, they would at least sell some copies.