A better search option for walls

Thread: A better search option for walls

A better search option for walls

Scroll, scroll, scroll... The eternal search for the needed wall can be quite annoying. To be sure, there a some different options to search the right wall. One of them is the option "Building Materials". In this search option we find a list of many terms which describes the respective building materials (sandstone, brick, wood etc.).
    Personally, I would rather prefer a graphical register with thumbnails of the textures that belong to the respective walls.
    The search option could look like this example:

A paint bucket (or any other icon) could show us in advance that the respective wall is recolorable!
    (P.s. Some of these textures are from my personal archive )

Of course, this idea is not a must-have, but could be a bit helpful.

Originally Posted by spoonetti View Post (Source)
    Scroll, scroll, scroll... The eternal search for the needed wall can be quite annoying. To be sure, there a some different options to search the right wall. One of them is the option "Building Materials". In this search option we find a list of many terms which describes the respective building materials (sandstone, brick, wood etc.).
    Personally, I would rather prefer a graphical register with thumbnails of the textures that belong to the respective walls.
    The search option could look like this example:

https://www.bildhost.com/images/2017/10/12/PlaCo.jpg

A paint bucket (or any other icon) could show us in advance that the respective wall is recolorable!
    (P.s. Some of these textures are from my personal archive )

Of course, this idea is not a must-have, but could be a bit helpful.

While i see value in this, i kinda like to see the Wall to quickly find the 1m Wall or whatever. And as you mentioned, you can set the Filter how you want it and narrow it down. But yeah, maybe Frontier will find a solution that pleases us both, if they decide to change the current system
    Forum Sillyness:
    "We shouldn't be paying for a dev that is doing overwork."
    "Also, lags are not caused by limitless creativity in pc."
    Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

You may find this park handy...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1131564698

It lays out every piece by category, it's a good way to browse the different walls available. Remember that some types of walls have more pieces than others, so having them all lined up on display is useful for finding what you need and for discovering new pieces. This park has a long loading time because it's loading every piece, but the framerate is fine.

Originally Posted by redrum View Post (Source)
    You may find this park handy...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1131564698

It lays out every piece by category, it's a good way to browse the different walls available. Remember that some types of walls have more pieces than others, so having them all lined up on display is useful for finding what you need and for discovering new pieces. This park has a long loading time because it's loading every piece, but the framerate is fine.
    Sarkasm-Alarm?

Hmm, I understand the concept. But wouldn't like to go that way, having to paint everything with patterns as well.

Still, you nailed a big issue to luminate. The wall browser are just too hard to manage. Especially when the first wall pieces coming up are the hardest one to use with more advanced parts.
    A small adjustment like just letting one of the most basic wall sets come first in the list would help many beginners to even dear to try out to build.

Anyways, another solution I thought is adding group icons in the browser for easy access to hide or show building sets by just clicking on them.
    Join the DisneyPark Fan Club here at the Planet Coaster Community!

Hm, I am not sure, if you really understood my concept.
    My idea for an "easier finding the right wall/building element" means, that the search option is not a list of material descriptions, but a list of textures. After you have choosen the texture you want (click on it), you'll find all walls / building elements. Walls are sorted by sizes of course.
    Sry, but English is not my native language. But I hope you undertsand me anyway.

Sarkasm-Alarm?
    What?

Yes... you got me. Sarcasm was my intent. I had no interest in offering genuine advice.

Hm, I am not sure, if you really understood my concept.
    My idea for an "easier finding the right wall/building element" means, that the search option is not a list of material descriptions, but a list of textures. After you have choosen the texture you want (click on it), you'll find all walls / building elements. Walls are sorted by sizes of course.
    Sry, but English is not my native language. But I hope you undertsand me anyway.
    Ah, thanks for the deeper explanation. Then we might Think of the same thing after all.

The English are fine. It is not my native language as well.
    Join the DisneyPark Fan Club here at the Planet Coaster Community!