The truth about free updates and frustration (including opinions) - Page 6

Thread: The truth about free updates and frustration (including opinions)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 101 to 108 of 108
  1. #101
    Originally Posted by En Anu View Post (Source)
    There seems to be a dilema here, a catch 22!

    The base game needs more refinement as per the 'simulation' side more so for the management/tools than display/rides/shops/etc, needs to have more intricate AI with regard to your actions/decisions within the game which will unfold a chain of events. There are many games like this where the graphics might not be state of the art but the QOL / game play is fantastic and intriguing.

    You are stating that if we do not continue to buy the DLCs as they come out (even though we might not want certain ones) then in time the devs will/might pull the plug and maybe not do the sequel.

    So caught between a rock and a hard place here, do we just blindly pump money in as consumers into DLCs and just hope for the best and indirectly allow a company to psychologically hold one to ransom or keep protesting about base game not buy DLCs and watch it fold with a good chance there might not be a sequel.

    Software companies of course could hold consumers to ransom with regard to the DLC situation, and harness the optimism of the consumer, knowing deep down that maybe that certain company could never full fill the whole simulation as advertised!
    It is a choice we as a consumers must do and we have the full power to do. There is an interim option to the ones I listed above and that is a failed DLC. If a DLC fails and does not sell as well at Frontier expected/counted on they can, and probably will, listen to why and make adjustments for the next DLC. If they keep failing over and over (meaning too few people are buying them) eventually that will lead to the support for the game over time will diminish (like RCTW). A few failures will probably be OK for Frontier as long as they make it up on a higher quantity of successful ones. In the end, if you believe in Frontier (your choice) you would keep supporting them. If you don't, you would not. Simple as that. Frontier is ion it to make as much money as possible (a business) so they will go where the money is (listen to the customer suggestions or cancel the game). Just like any other business.

  2. #102
    Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    It is a choice we as a consumers must do and we have the full power to do. There is an interim option to the ones I listed above and that is a failed DLC. If a DLC fails and does not sell as well at Frontier expected/counted on they can, and probably will, listen to why and make adjustments for the next DLC. If they keep failing over and over (meaning too few people are buying them) eventually that will lead to the support for the game over time will diminish (like RCTW). A few failures will probably be OK for Frontier as long as they make it up on a higher quantity of successful ones. In the end, if you believe in Frontier (your choice) you would keep supporting them. If you don't, you would not. Simple as that. Frontier is ion it to make as much money as possible (a business) so they will go where the money is (listen to the customer suggestions or cancel the game). Just like any other business.
    The power is with the consumer and they can be convinced up to a certain point and if they do not listen to what the fans/community ask for (especially base game QOL) then more people will protest on forums new players will read this and DLCs could slump. So it is all cause and effect.

    I personally have been hanging in here as I am desperately waiting for Frontier to balance design with tools with management, the latter two seriously lacking. I am gutted atm as I was hoping the move away from Atari would of made a significant difference, yes I know the design/architecture has improved that is just software evolution it is more the game play ability tools/management I am referring to.

    Sigh.....What will happen is if Frontier do not sort out that base game over competitors will learn from their mistakes and create their own version for example creators of No Limits 2 might do their own version of PC!

  3. #103
    Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    If a DLC fails and does not sell as well at Frontier expected/counted on they can, and probably will, listen to why and make adjustments for the next DLC.
    If this is the phylosophy of Frontier it makes you wonder why so little things are fixed/improved.
    The same statement should apply to the base game.

    But it's not. They hardly learn from mistakes as they keep adding the same errors (New coasters seating orders, scenery items not recolorable or just simply loosing all their colors).

    The additions themselves are great but the quality check should be better.

  4. #104
    Originally Posted by En Anu View Post (Source)
    Sigh.....What will happen is if Frontier do not sort out that base game over competitors will learn from their mistakes and create their own version for example creators of No Limits 2 might do their own version of PC!
    What will happen? Probably the same thing that happened with the RCTW fans base. They eventually all will move over to this new game assuming it offers enough improvements compared to what we have.

    No Limits 2 produces some very nice looking coaster, no questions about that. The good ones are fairly realistic looking. However, I am sure the way they do and build them would be OK for a lot of people on these forums, I am not sure the general masses would appreciate the tools as much. Might be too high of a learning curve for the causal players. That would be a huge obstacle for them to overcome and trade-offs probably need to be made. Can it be don? Sure. Could it be a success? Yes. But the grass is not always greener on the other side.

  5. #105
    If they do then great! more competition makes for better games for us end consumers.

    However if they do I promise you'll find something you dont like about it. Maybe enough to claim you stopped playing it soon after release?

  6. #106
    Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    What will happen? Probably the same thing that happened with the RCTW fans base. They eventually all will move over to this new game assuming it offers enough improvements compared to what we have.

    No Limits 2 produces some very nice looking coaster, no questions about that. The good ones are fairly realistic looking. However, I am sure the way they do and build them would be OK for a lot of people on these forums, I am not sure the general masses would appreciate the tools as much. Might be too high of a learning curve for the causal players. That would be a huge obstacle for them to overcome and trade-offs probably need to be made. Can it be don? Sure. Could it be a success? Yes. But the grass is not always greener on the other side.
    NL2 all they need to do is have different tools associated with skill levels these skill levels you can switch back and forth whilst on the same game park. These would be a fantastic way for a novice to learn.

    As my Grandad once said to me "Son it is all in the preparation" and that is soooo true!!

  7. #107
    Originally Posted by En Anu View Post (Source)
    NL2 all they need to do is have different tools associated with skill levels these skill levels you can switch back and forth whilst on the same game park. These would be a fantastic way for a novice to learn.

    As my Grandad once said to me "Son it is all in the preparation" and that is soooo true!!
    Great. That sounds so simple. Wonder why they haven't done so already to open up the game to a broader customer base? Things that seems simple in theory often turns out to be a hassle to get done in coding. Then they "just" need to add the whole simulation part of it and balance it etc. Should be "easy".

    Competition is good and it probably would be good for Frontier to have some but right now they are the only ones in this market segment. No Limits 2 is a different kind of software and Parkitekt has its crowd. None of those are doing very well with the causal players though. Left is RCTW and we all know what state that game is. It is for a market that doesn't exist. :-D

  8. #108
    Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    Great. That sounds so simple. Wonder why they haven't done so already to open up the game to a broader customer base? Things that seems simple in theory often turns out to be a hassle to get done in coding. Then they "just" need to add the whole simulation part of it and balance it etc. Should be "easy".

    Competition is good and it probably would be good for Frontier to have some but right now they are the only ones in this market segment. No Limits 2 is a different kind of software and Parkitekt has its crowd. None of those are doing very well with the causal players though. Left is RCTW and we all know what state that game is. It is for a market that doesn't exist. :-D
    You nailed in when you said 'casual user' so again due to budget/profit, law of averages, etc these software corps go for laymen user market and if the tech users still with them well all well and good aye! It is all about priority and they can do a hold multitude of things with the right engine, however it is all do will 'budget' sad but true.

    You are right they have no real competition atm but that could all change when DX12 is running at full steam.

    In the meantime I and many others will not buy the DLCs and we are waiting for Frontier to put wisdom over and above the greedy profit margins they are already boasting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments