Path Blockers

Thread: Path Blockers

Path Blockers

So other than bins can people remind me of anything else that blocks guest routes?

I have a queueing system of sorts for my shops but people walk straight through the fences. Iím trying to direct them round but other than bins and possible benches what else works?

Benches I believe is the only other thing that block people

Why is there no way to make employee only paths? In RCT games you had no entry signs that would block park visitors but allow workers through like handymen, mechanics, and security guards.

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    Why is there no way to make employee only paths? In RCT games you had no entry signs that would block park visitors but allow workers through like handymen, mechanics, and security guards.
    I think you've got the wrong end of my post. Mine is to stop peeps walking through scenery pieces and guiding them round using specific scenery pieces.

The pirate barrell planter I think has collision and can be sunk under ground to hide it but still acts as a barrier

Ooo good call I will try it ����

Trash cans and benches don't act as barriers anymore. They silently took that feature away.

[Edit] Double checked...I am wrong. Bins still block. Benches don't. And I couldn't find a "pirate barrel" that did either.
    Benches used to block peeps.

Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post (Source)
    Trash cans and benches don't act as barriers anymore. They silently took that feature away.
    what??? do guests just walk through them?? i wonder why...

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    It would be nice to get something in the game that we can use to block certain paths and paths sections again.
    PLANET COASTER | WEBSITEFORUMSFORUM RULESSYSTEM REQUIREMENTSFRONTIER SUPPORT | EARLY BIRD ● COASTER HEAD ● VIP ● I ♥ GULPEE REX

Build your own Jurassic World: JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION

And I couldn't find a "pirate barrel" that did either.
    Benches used to block peeps.[/QUOTE] its not the a barrel...its the 'barrel planter with flowers in it' and I use it, and it works for me.

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    It's not the a barrel...its the 'barrel planter with flowers in it' and I use it, and it works for me.
    It didn't seem to do anything for me. I'll give it another look though.

i depends on crowd density. light density they will avoid bins and the barrel planter.
    as density rises, they are more and more likely to clip through them.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

THX thats good to know. I usually have low guest counts in my parks to help with FPS...so that is prob why it works for me

I like high peep density...sooo....that's probably why I thought it didn't work anymore.

But I had two instances in low density areas, that I made raised tree/flower planters and put bins inside, and peeps just walked right through them like they weren't even there. After this thread, I went back and put the bins in the planters again, and it worked fine. *shrug*

Did you try if you used several of the pirate barrel planters next to each other? Then it worked also with high crowds for me... At least it worked in one of my parks. I placed them at corners next to each other in a like square / rectangle order, at places where peeps were walking through walls. After some time (0.5 to 1min), they stopped walking there through, then I sank them all under ground...
    BR, Corkscrewloop

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post (Source)

[Edit] Double checked...I am wrong. Bins still block. Benches don't. And I couldn't find a "pirate barrel" that did either.
    Benches used to block peeps.
    I have tested this last night. The flower barrel is still blocking guests from colliding with the item, so they can still be used to block paths if needed. This feature tends to only work well on paths without junctions. Junctions sometimes cause the flower barrels to loose their 'guest blocking' capability.
    PLANET COASTER | WEBSITEFORUMSFORUM RULESSYSTEM REQUIREMENTSFRONTIER SUPPORT | EARLY BIRD ● COASTER HEAD ● VIP ● I ♥ GULPEE REX

Build your own Jurassic World: JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION

Originally Posted by JoŽl View Post (Source)
    I have tested this last night. The flower barrel is still blocking guests from colliding with the item, so they can still be used to block paths if needed. This feature tends to only work well on paths without junctions. Junctions sometimes cause the flower barrels to loose their 'guest blocking' capability.
    These were at junctions. In the center of them at that.

So...to sum this up....Who's on first????

Maybe we do need official blockers of different sizes that work on purpose?

With the new functionality of staff taking breaks/going to training, it would be super useful to be able to make "Staff Only" paths, so you could have direct routes across the park, but still direct the general public to walk around, guiding them through nice areas/via rides/shops etc.