Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow

Thread: Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow

Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow

There's a Nintendo Direct coming tomorrow. Could this be the reveal of Planet Coaster for Nintendo Switch?

Nope, sorry but we can clearly say that Planet Coaster will never be released for consoles, especially like the Nintendo Switch. Problem is that these consoles have very weak Hardware. You need much more power to run a Game like this, than the Switch or every other console, even like the coming XBox one X can offer.

I don't really understand that burning need of you guys to have that kind of Game on the Consoles. It is fiendishly difficult if not impossible to translate such a Game to any Console. Something has got to go. You can't have the same controls in that Game. And since it is not an Action Game but more a Simulation with a heavy Building aspect you run into trouble. Any building type game controls really clunky on a console. Trust me, i tried. Couple that with a quite high hunger for hardware and you end up with an extremly frustrating gaming experience. You don't want that, right?
    Forum Sillyness:
    "We shouldn't be paying for a dev that is doing overwork."
    "Also, lags are not caused by limitless creativity in pc."
    Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

Didn't Frontier make Thrillville and Off the Rails for consoles? I think there are other coaster games by other companies for consoles as well. But, RCT games, Planet Coaster, etc. work better on a computer with a mouse.

Originally Posted by Robert K View Post (Source)
    Didn't Frontier make Thrillville and Off the Rails for consoles? I think there are other coaster games by other companies for consoles as well. But, RCT games, Planet Coaster, etc. work better on a computer with a mouse.
    Yes, you see there is quite a difference between Thrillville and Planet Coaster. As far as i know Thrillville has no Piece by Piece building.
    Forum Sillyness:
    Crowdy's Workshop

Thrillville was an third-person adventure full of mini games and a simplistic coaster builder, all optimized for controllers. It happened to re-use some assets from RCT3, but that's the only similarity. It didn't feature any other building tools, not even an overhead camera. It was not a bad game at all, but it was clearly not a theme park builder.

Nintendo Direct is going to be weaker hardware wise, with the Xbox One X which will have 12GB GDDR5 @ 326GB/s bandwidth, 40 computing units @ 1172Mhz, and an 8 core processor clocked higher than the PS4 Pro (it will have more memory, faster memory than the PS4 Pro, it has more GPU cores and faster GPU cores than the PS4 Pro too).

However, Frontier is releasing in about 12 months (next year, still a long wait) Jurassic Evolution which will also be on consoles. Even high end quad core i7's and GTX 1080's struggle with Planet Coaster, when people get a bit too creative with larger detailed higher population parks on ultra settings.
    My PC
    6th gen Intel Core i7-6700k (4.2Ghz, 4 cores, 8 threads), EVGA GTX 1070 SC (8GB GDDR5, 1885Mhz clock speed tested), 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz HyperX RAM, Corsair 300r windowed, Wi-Fi ac, Windows 10 Home, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (primary), 240GB Kingston Fury HyperX SSD.

Originally Posted by Skywaterbirdx16m View Post (Source)
    However, Frontier is releasing in about 12 months (next year, still a long wait) Jurassic Evolution which will also be on consoles. Even high end quad core i7's and GTX 1080's struggle with Planet Coaster, when people get a bit too creative with larger detailed higher population parks on ultra settings.
    Yes, but this is a bad comparison. I don't think Jurassic World Evolution will feature Piece by Piece building. Seems to me more like a classic Zoo Simulation Game, but with Dinosaurs. So "Ready made" buildings to plonk down. This way it is way easier on the Hardware.
    Forum Sillyness:
    Crowdy's Workshop

Ignoring frame rate issues... Is everybody forgetting about the Steam workshop? Frontier would have to rebuild the entire workshop for each console port, and more likely than not, the games will not be cross-platform compatible, meaning any workshop items made for PC/Steam will not transfer over to Switch/Xbox. Just look at how long it took for Minecraft to become cross-platform compatible and that is a much simpler and older game

It just is not cost efficient to rebuild such a complicated game for a low quality port. Frontier is still working on this game, so maybe in a couple years there will be a new console that Frontier would be able to port to with higher quality and include more features. Asking for a Switch version is like asking to play GTA on a gameboy, its just not the same.

Originally Posted by Skywaterbirdx16m View Post (Source)
    Jurassic Evolution which will also be on consoles.
    Do you think JW will be as customizable as PC? I doubt JW will have the same features as PC, otherwise it would have been better as an expansion to PC

While I doubt Planet Coaster would go to consoles, at least not the Switch (I feel the creation tools are too detailed to use with the standard joycon), it was a good Nintendo Direct. We got to learn more about Mario Odyssey and I might pick up that game when it comes out. I hope Frontier takes note of the graphics that are being used for the dinosaurs in Mario Odyssey, as they are beautiful.
    Dimetrodon is awesome but not a dinosaur.

The console versions will remove the workshop from the game.

Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    The console versions will remove the workshop from the game.
    LOL do you know how much backlash nintendo got when they released Mario Maker for 3DS without any online/download support?

a console port of PC would be missing a LOT of features, it would require an all new control scheme, it would have frame rate issues, it would be more work for people to record videos, it would just be a lesser version... they might have to delay working on other games or add-ons for PC and it would increase bug reports and require more fixes, and since the majority of fans already bought this game it just wouldnt sell enough to be profitable.

It just doesnt make sense releasing a console version when recent consoles have not been lasting for very long, xbox360 was a popular console for almost 9 years before they released Xbox One, and there will probably be more consoles released in 3-4 years from now. PC games can have a much longer life span thanks to mod support, just look at RCT. Nobody wants console ports of PC games, the only reason to buy a console is for exclusives. And thats not even to mention the fact that very few games run at both 4k and 60 FPS on any console

Consoles cant be upgraded, but as PC hardware improves so will this game. Maybe in a few years, after frontier finishes releasing more add-ons for this game, then maybe there will be a better console or handheld that can handle running this game more efficiently. But I would never play this game on a portable or without a mouse

How about a special Planet Coaster lock-on device for the Wii U that, when certain games detect the device, they will add in content based on Planet Coaster to those games. For example, Super Mario Maker will get a King Coaster costume and a Planet Coaster event course, Splatoon can get Planet Coaster themed gear and a Planet Coaster Turf War map, etc.

I cant tell if your being serious So in all honesty, what your asking for already exists. Its called the nintendo Amiibos. What you have to understand about that it though, is it would be very expensive for frontier to have a cross-over with nintendo.