Different trains for one track

Thread: Different trains for one track

Different trains for one track

I would love it if the next update allowed you to switch the trains for a single coaster track. These will be the coasters and track rides that will be affected.

American Arrow and Degen
    Wendigo and Dragon
    Trident and Bolt
    Malice Unchained and Steel Vengeance
    Monster and Gnarler
    Luna Autos, Magic Katz, and Sleigh Ride
    Connie Express and Iron Horse
    If the DLCs were downloaded, then Speed and its Back to the Future, Knight Rider, and Munsters versions will be part of the same track.

I 100% agree, this is one thing from Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 I'd love to be implemented soon!

I would like to see this, especially with the monorail. I would like to see a train preset for the monorail where we can color the stripe separate from the rest of the body, a la the Mark VI monorails. (n.b.: the current cars are permanently fixed with a black stripe and intended to have the rest of the body painted, like the Mark VII trains in Disneyland they are supposed to emulate)

We could take this even further and implement the option to have separate colors for each train.

This was in the Alpha stage an option. They changed it from the Alpha 3 release and further.

Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    I would love it if the next update allowed you to switch the trains for a single coaster track. These will be the coasters and track rides that will be affected.

American Arrow and Degen
    Wendigo and Dragon
    Trident and Bolt
    Malice Unchained and Steel Vengeance
    Monster and Gnarler
    Luna Autos, Magic Katz, and Sleigh Ride
    Connie Express and Iron Horse
    If the DLCs were downloaded, then Speed and its Back to the Future, Knight Rider, and Munsters versions will be part of the same track.
    I could not agree more. Interchangeable trains should definitely be on the list of this to add. It's simple but very useful.

Yes please!

I haven't actually used the Degen yet, is there any difference from the American Arrow other than the shape of the car? The cost + description are absolutely identical.

Originally Posted by dixinormous View Post (Source)
    Yes please!

I haven't actually used the Degen yet, is there any difference from the American Arrow other than the shape of the car? The cost + description are absolutely identical.
    Yes, Degen is limited to 8 meters as the shortest segment length for standard track segments (AA can go down to 4 meters)