Origins of rides - Page 2

Thread: Origins of rides

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    Actually, the Weisshorn and Monte Leone are a caterpillar ride (a ride similar to the Music Express, but with a retractable canopy). In addition, the steamboats are based on Jungle Cruise at several Disney Parks.
    Ah yeah, I see, the Music Express indeed has no canopy so it's not the same ride yes.

Could you tell me the origins of the Vintage Pack rides?

What about the swings? The graphics art appear to be the Zierer model but the rotational direction is the zamperla flying carousel. Vekoma was making coasters long before Arrow started with their loopers Once vekoma decided to build inverting coasters they turned to Arrow for guidance.

And by the way, Insanity is based on a similar ride at Drayton Manor.

Originally Posted by Michael Z View Post (Source)
    What about the swings? The graphics art appear to be the Zierer model but the rotational direction is the zamperla flying carousel. Vekoma was making coasters long before Arrow started with their loopers Once vekoma decided to build inverting coasters they turned to Arrow for guidance.
    Sorry, that´s not true. Vekoma used to start out as a builder for farm- and mining supplies. In the mid-sixties they built their first ferris wheels. Their first coasters were built by licencing the Arrows track-profile in the mid-1970s.

In the early 1980s they started to build coasters with the Arrow track, but using their own designs, this culminated in the invention of the Boomerang. Up until then they bought their rolling stock from Arrow.
    By the mid-eighties Vekoma began to build non-inverting coasters using their own track design (Mine-Trains and indoor-coasters (MK-700 & MK-900)).

The SLC´s were also their own invention, in which they just turned the Arrow track upside-down. The rolling-stock was Vekoma´s own (devillish) invention....
    ...which reminds me: we´re missing the classic SLC in PlanCo.

Could you do the origins of the Vintage Pack rides and the World's Fair Pack rides?

Originally Posted by tricktrack View Post (Source)
    we´re missing the classic SLC in PlanCo.
    Ewww nooo... Horrid things. They might be common as dirt, but that in my eyes is no excuse. I would Argue, the Team should focus on the better rides, not waste their time with these Painful things.
    Forum Sillyness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

Could you do the origins of the Vintage Pack rides and the World's Fair Pack rides?
    Vintage Pack:
    Not a clue actually. Need to do more research for that.

World's fair:
    Motorbike coasters (both) are modeled after the Motorbike Coaster from Vekoma. (Zamperla made a portable version as well with a small blueprint, but I don't think they used that one for reference).
    I don't know who build the Disney Peoplemover initially but it's modelled slightly after that (Wikipedia says Walt Disney Imagineering themselves, but we know they come up with ideas, and patent them, but not really construct them (like the coasters that are 9 out of 10 times vekoma's.) But it's not really the same ride, the one in the game works with LSM's, as the original one in Disney had drive tires.)