Origins of rides

Thread: Origins of rides

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1

    Origins of rides

    Frontier, can you tell me what every flat ride, coaster, and track ride is based on?

  2. #2
    Sure, I can tell you.

    Roller Coasters

    Aethon= B&M Dive Machine
    Anubis= Giovanola Hyper Coaster
    Bakasura= Vekoma Giant Inverted Boomerang
    Barghest= Gerstlauer Eurofighter
    Basilisk= RMC T-Rex
    Black Falcon= B&M Wing Coaster
    Boa= Giovanola inverted Coaster
    Bolt= Vekoma Boomerang with Arrow Trains
    Canyon Runner= Vekoma Mine Train
    Cloud Runner= B&M Launched Wing Coaster
    Degen= Vekoma MK-1200 Looping Coaster
    Dragon= Zierer Force
    Enigma= B&M Standup Coaster
    Equalizer= Arrow Hyper Coaster
    Gnarler= GCI Wooden Coaster
    Invincible= Intamin Giga Coaster
    Iron Fury= RMC Topper Track with Gravity Group Trains
    Loony Turns= S&S El Loco
    Malice Unchained= RMC Hybrid
    Manic Mouse= Zamperla Spinning Mouse
    Pioneer=S&S Free Fly
    Power Up= Maurer Sohne X-Car
    Rage= B&M Mega Coaster
    Rival= B&M Inverted Coaster
    Spiral= Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster
    Sprint 500= Intamin Accelerator Coaster without Inversions
    Steel Hydra= Arrow Suspended Coaster
    Steel Vengeance= Next Gen RMC Hybrid
    Stingray= B&M Flying Coaster
    Test Pilot= Arrow 4th Dimension Coaster
    The American Arrow= Arrow Custom Looping Coaster
    The Monster= PTC Wooden Coaster
    Tiamat= Intamin Wing Coaster
    Torque= Premier Rides LSM Catapult Coaster
    Trident= Vekoma Boomerang with Vekoma Trains
    Viper One= Intamin Inverted Impulse Coaster
    Wendigo=Zierer Force
    Werewolf= B&M Floorless Coaster

    Track Rides

    Chopper's Creek= Mack Log Flume
    Connie Express= Disneyland Railroad
    Iron Horse= Full Scale Steam Locomotive
    Light Line= Disneyland Monorail
    Luna Autos= Arrow Antique Cars
    Magic Katz= Arrow Dark Ride ala Alice at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
    Rolling River= Intamin Rapids Ride
    Sleigh Ride= Arrow Dark Ride
    Speed= J&J Amusements Go Karts

    Flat Rides

    360 Power= Zierer Starshape
    Big Wheel= Chance Ferris Wheel
    Blackout=Intamin Looping Starship
    Bumpin' Derby= Soli Bumper Cars
    Chair-O-Plane= Zierer Wave Swinger
    Collider= Huss Enterprise
    Coriolis= Wisdom Tornado
    Elixir Machine= Huss Booster
    Forge= Huss Jump2
    Gears Of Fear= Vekoma Waikiki Wave
    Genie= Zamperla Skater Coaster
    Hammer Swing= S&S Screamin' Swing
    Helion Ring= Larson Super Loop
    Hypersin= Selner Tilt-A-Whirl
    Insanity= Fabbri Cataclysm
    Iron Claw= Chance Revolution 32
    Kick Flip= Chance Zipper
    Looper= Technical Park Flying Fury
    Magic Twirl= Zierer Roundabout
    Overpower= Huss Top Spin
    Pathos III= KMG Tango
    Psychola= Chance UniCoaster
    Radius= Big O at Tokyo Dome City
    Rocktopus= Schwarzkopf Monster III
    Scizzer= Eli Bridge Scrambler
    Sky Ace= Zamperla Air Race
    Sky Watcher= Intamin Observation Tower 1200
    Star Wheel= Intamin Coaster Wheel
    Sun Flare= Funtime StarFlyer
    Sundial= Huss Giant Frisbee
    Teacups= Zamperla Teacups
    The Aeronauts= Zamperla Balloon Race
    The Cube= ABC Rides Tourbillion
    The Screaminator= Intamin Gyro Drop
    Tri-Storm= Huss Troika
    Venetian Carousel= Travelling Carousel
    Victory= Intamin Bounty
    Whirly Rig= Zamperla Balloon Wheel
    Wild Blue= Gerstlauer Sky Fly
    Zozo= Eyerly Roll-O-Plane

  3. #3
    The Scizzer is actually a PWS Twist, the Rocktopus is actually a Soriani and Moser Polyp, the Teacups is actually an Arrow Teacups, the Bumpin Derby is a Preston and Barbieri Bumper Cars, the Venetian Carousel is made by Bertazzon, and the Sky Watcher is actually the British Airways i360. And are the Back to the Future, Knight Rider, and the Munsters versions of the go karts made by J&J Amusements as well?

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    The Scizzer is actually a PWS Twist, the Rocktopus is actually a Soriani and Moser Polyp, the Teacups is actually an Arrow Teacups, the Bumpin Derby is a Preston and Barbieri Bumper Cars, the Venetian Carousel is made by Bertazzon, and the Sky Watcher is actually the British Airways i360. And are the Back to the Future, Knight Rider, and the Munsters versions of the go karts made by J&J Amusements as well?
    No by Frontier.

    Why do you even ask if you already know?

  5. #5
    What about the origins of Hoax, Huntsman, and In-Descent?

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    ...Sky Watcher is actually the British Airways i360...
    Heh, I see what they did there. i (eye) 360 (degrees).
    Thanks! -Starlord Mixtape (i7-6700, 16gRam, GeForceGTX1070)
    Also: Please check out my workshop and rate .
    Steam - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Shyguysworld - Reddit - Discord: starlordmixtape#4763

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    What about the origins of Hoax, Huntsman, and In-Descent?
    The In-Descent is the Intamin Reverse Freefall. Superman: Escape from Krypton at Six Flags Magic Mountain is the most famous example.

    Don't know who makes the real life Hoax, but I rode something very similar at Knoebels.

  8. #8
    Hoax is a Pretzel Dark Ride
    Huntsman is an ETF motion base ride

  9. #9
    What about the rides in the Anniversary Update?

  10. #10
    Could you tell me the origins of the rides in the Anniversary Update and the Adventure Pack?

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Kenepo4u View Post (Source)
    Could you tell me the origins of the rides in the Anniversary Update and the Adventure Pack?
    Gold Fever =based upon Snow white and the seven dwarfs - Disney. It's actually built by Vekoma, but it's not listed on their page because Disney likes to show off with the design.
    Vekoma is their main manufacturer for coasters. (who would expect a company with the reputation of making rough rides actually is main supplier for the biggest theme park owner in the world)

    The boat rides are just generic boat rides that somewhat resemble the Jaws ride in Universal a little. (not a specific manufacturer, Intamin and Mack make boat rides)

    The Monte Leone and Wisshorn is based upon the Mack Muzik Express.

    Bobbejaanland, Belgium has one.

    Jaws boat ride - Universal


    Aztec Express - Bobbejaanland

  12. #12
    Interesting, thanks! So it is all based on reality.
    E dor Planet Coaster! #TeamPC #CosmicCowWow

  13. #13
    The Cascade is based on the Mack Rides Water Coaster

    Forum Sillyness:

    -


    Crowdy's Workshop
    twitter: @crowdy1980, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Padernoster

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Gold Fever =based upon Snow white and the seven dwarfs - Disney. It's actually built by Vekoma, but it's not listed on their page because Disney likes to show off with the design.
    Vekoma is their main manufacturer for coasters. (who would expect a company with the reputation of making rough rides actually is main supplier for the biggest theme park owner in the world)
    Actually it makes sense in a twisted, ironic way if you consider the history of those companies. Arrow was the company responsible for most of the iconic rides, both flat and coaster, in the two US parks. In turn, having Disney as a constant customer let Arrow grow into the industry giant they eventually became. Vekoma was one of the companies most responsible for the downfall of Arrow (using arrow's own track designs no less). So of course they would also end up taking Arrow's biggest customer as well

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by vortical View Post (Source)
    Actually it makes sense in a twisted, ironic way if you consider the history of those companies. Arrow was the company responsible for most of the iconic rides, both flat and coaster, in the two US parks. In turn, having Disney as a constant customer let Arrow grow into the industry giant they eventually became. Vekoma was one of the companies most responsible for the downfall of Arrow (using arrow's own track designs no less). So of course they would also end up taking Arrow's biggest customer as well

    Vekoma was licensed by Arrows to use their track profile and layouts in the Europe. You make it sound like they where a copycat (like Golden Horse is nowadays for Vekoma).
    If I recall correctly It's actually the same reason why Vekoma went bankrupt because of royalties they had to pay. (not sure though) (yes they went bankrupt and got back uo, but today's designs are way better than the old ones, the old Arrows are nothing better than the roughness of the older ekoma's, which is mostly to blame on it's iconic track design, designed by Arrow)

    But in the total picture you are correct, Arrow has been the step-up for Vekoma, otherwise they would still have been building farming machines.

    Companies benefit from each other. Vekoma is also licensed seller for Rocky Mountain Construction in Europe (and maybe Asia).

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Vekoma was licensed by Arrows to use their track profile and layouts in the Europe. You make it sound like they where a copycat (like Golden Horse is nowadays for Vekoma).
    If I recall correctly It's actually the same reason why Vekoma went bankrupt because of royalties they had to pay. (not sure though) (yes they went bankrupt and got back uo, but today's designs are way better than the old ones, the old Arrows are nothing better than the roughness of the older ekoma's, which is mostly to blame on it's iconic track design, designed by Arrow)

    But in the total picture you are correct, Arrow has been the step-up for Vekoma, otherwise they would still have been building farming machines.

    Companies benefit from each other. Vekoma is also licensed seller for Rocky Mountain Construction in Europe (and maybe Asia).
    You are correct. I didn't mean to imply that Vekoma did something unsavory. Arrow simply made a blunder. The licensed their track designs to Vekoma in Europe in the mistaken assumption that that would be the ONLY place Vekoma would operate. They failed to consider the possibility that Vekoma would turn around and start building coasters in the U.S. That said, the credit for winning still goes to Vekoma. They took what Arrow gave them and improved on it and those improvements are the reason they were so successful.

  17. #17
    Can you also tell me the origins of the Studios Pack rides as well?

  18. #18
    Horror Heights is an OTIS Elevator Co. drop ride
    Re-Motion is a KUKA / Dynamic Attractions robo-coaster G2
    Big Screen Tour is based on the Universal Studios Tram Tour in Hollywood, CA

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Coaster Cinema View Post (Source)
    Horror Heights is an OTIS Elevator Co. drop ride
    I had to double check that, didn't knew OTIS was involved here, I thought the ride was built by Intamin.
    Learned something new. Thanks

    It's based on The Hollywood Tower of Terror, but the ride's mechanism is patented to Disney only.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Gold Fever =based upon Snow white and the seven dwarfs - Disney. It's actually built by Vekoma, but it's not listed on their page because Disney likes to show off with the design.
    Vekoma is their main manufacturer for coasters. (who would expect a company with the reputation of making rough rides actually is main supplier for the biggest theme park owner in the world)

    The boat rides are just generic boat rides that somewhat resemble the Jaws ride in Universal a little. (not a specific manufacturer, Intamin and Mack make boat rides)

    The Monte Leone and Wisshorn is based upon the Mack Muzik Express.

    Bobbejaanland, Belgium has one.

    Jaws boat ride - Universal
    http://jason-cochran.com/wp-content/...ll-650x404.jpg

    Aztec Express - Bobbejaanland
    https://images3.persgroep.net/rcs/gx...7f&quality=0.9
    Actually, the Weisshorn and Monte Leone are a caterpillar ride (a ride similar to the Music Express, but with a retractable canopy). In addition, the steamboats are based on Jungle Cruise at several Disney Parks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments