Jurassic World Evolution - General Discussion - Page 6

Thread: Jurassic World Evolution - General Discussion

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Originally Posted by breezerHOG View Post (Source)
    I really wish this was an expansion to planet coaster and was compatible with the workshop!
    Knowing it will come to consoles as well I think there is no hope for that. Even less so with the Workshop as it is tied to Steam and not to the game. To my knowledge there are no console games utilizing the Steam workshop anywhere (except their own SteamBox). But hopefully they will be able to create a dIno/Jurassic pack for PlanCo based on the assets they use in this game.

Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    Knowing it will come to consoles ... To my knowledge there are no console games utilizing the Steam workshop
    I don't care about the console versions, let them be stand alone games, doesn't change the fact that the game would have been way more fun as a tie in to pc

I laughed about the "in-game footage" subtitle. As if it wasn't obvious enough from the choppy framerate, completely static foilage clipping with the dinosaur, and the scenery pop-in! This is why we should stop whining about a console port for PlanCo.

Also, it might be rendered with the game engine, the shots are prepared set pieces. We have yet too see how the game plays and what kind of ( customization) options it will actually offers.

Originally Posted by breezerHOG View Post (Source)
    I don't care about the console versions, let them be stand alone games, doesn't change the fact that the game would have been way more fun as a tie in to pc
    I don't either, especially for building/simulation/tycoon games. Just doesn't work on a console for me. However, sadly enough, whenever something is being released as a cross platform it will always be limited by the weakest link. In this case that is the limitation of PS4 and XB1. Putting it on consoles was most likely a requirement from Universal to be able to reach as big of an audience of causal gamers as possible. I don't think, sadly enough, we should expect this to be a game that the average builder in PlanCo would enjoy.

Originally Posted by ojonas View Post (Source)
    I don't think, sadly enough, we should expect this to be a game that the average builder in PlanCo would enjoy.
    I certainly don't see any reason to buy JW right away, seems like a $20 game to me. but it could have worked as an expansion if they chose to design it as one. Again, with the whole "blame Universal" I dont care whose fault it is, it was a bad decision, but I'm sure Universal was more concerned about consoles than an expansion so... meh

I assume Planet Safari is something Frontier has secretly been working on, so maybe it will have similarities to JW but in a way that works with PC

I am cautiously optimistic. Between Saurian,Prehistoric Kingdom, and now Jurassic World Evolution, we got so many good prehistoric games coming out lately. I will not order the alpha version like I did with Planet Coaster, but once it's released and reviewed I will pick it up.
    Dimetrodon is awesome but not a dinosaur.

Originally Posted by Vanessa913 View Post (Source)
    I am cautiously optimistic. Between Saurian,Prehistoric Kingdom, and now Jurassic World Evolution, we got so many good prehistoric games coming out lately. I will not order the alpha version like I did with Planet Coaster, but once it's released and reviewed I will pick it up.
    Will there even be an Alpha? The game is scheduled for next summer.

There will be no Alpha, as its a Licensed game. I understand the need for it being multi-format. Frontier can't win either way as Planet Coaster is a quite a spec heavy pc game for what it is. Having been a PC gamer for over 20 plus I like to own a fairly beefy pc (I learned the hard way buying budget stuff and trying to play on laptop).

It won't have the freedom like Planet Coaster, but will attract a lot of kids who love Dinosaurs.

There is a bit of a clashing art style between planet coaster and the dinosaurs.

I agree though, at least a pack of assets and a couple of rides would be great to cross over the two games.

TheGamingBeaver posted an interview with the head of animation in regards to Jurassic World. It reveals some interesting details regarding gameplay and player options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fN5I8_iafA
    Dimetrodon is awesome but not a dinosaur.

Still got a looooonnnnngggggggg time til they release it mid next year around July thats still 9 months away. I wouldnt mind payinv extra for an alpha/beta to settle my impatience.... They could release a demo version before the release.
    My PC
    6th gen Intel Core i7-6700k (4.2Ghz, 4 cores, 8 threads), EVGA GTX 1070 SC (8GB GDDR5, 1885Mhz clock speed tested), 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz HyperX RAM, Corsair 300r windowed, Wi-Fi ac, Windows 10 Home, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (primary), 240GB Kingston Fury HyperX SSD.