IMPORTANT: Planet Coaster Construction Kits: Back To The Future, Knight Rider, and The Munsters - Page 6

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Planet Coaster Construction Kits: Back To The Future, Knight Rider, and The Munsters

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Originally Posted by breezerHOG View Post (Source)
    I have also seen people talk crap about how those who buy without reading are fools, but everybody has the right to share their opinion.
    My point was that, if somebody was willing to purchase DLC for this game without thinking about what it actually offered, they are clearly a big fan and trusting of Frontier. But if that same person then looks at what they bought and goes "Oh thats it?" and decides that they won't buy again without making sure to read the fine-print, then that is bad business model to IMO. And I have specifically heard people having this exact discussion on live streams and youtube videos

Originally Posted by Crowdpleaser View Post (Source)
    Also, i know you should never blame the "victim"... BUT:
    If you buy something without knowing what it actually is, then it is your problem really.
    that's shiesty though, bad business man says "too bad next time be a better customer"
    (I am not saying thats what frontier is, just Crowds quote) @crowd your quote ^ above here should be in your profile for forum sillyness

Its like comparing fast food to a nice restaurant, people just expect better than a dollar menu here
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

My point was that, if somebody was willing to purchase DLC for this game without thinking about what it actually offered, they are clearly a big fan and trusting of Frontier. But if that same person then looks at what they bought and goes "Oh thats it?" and decides that they won't buy again without making sure to read the fine-print, then that is bad business model to IMO. And I have specifically heard people having this exact discussion on live streams and youtube videos
    Whut??? So it is Frontiers fault when poeple just buy without reading (because they are Fans)?

I'm sorry.. but i can not follow that Train of thought here.
    Forum Silliness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop

Its like comparing fast food to a nice restaurant, people just expect better than a dollar menu here
    I'm sorry.. but i can not follow that Train of thought here.
    Oh well, that's fine lol...

Oh well, that's fine lol...
    Thanks, that you make me look like an idiot with both quotes out of the right context
    Forum Silliness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop

you make me look like an idiot
    sorry was not my intention lol

the breezer v pleaser show... more entertaining than the OP topic
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

Originally Posted by jamesviago View Post (Source)
    the breezer v pleaser show... more entertaining than the OP topic
    Actually the entire reason I've never posted in this forum is because it's usually just a few people taking over almost every thread on this site, and they are often overly dramatic. Not trying to be rude, but it's pretty much all I see and I can't even follow an OP.

I'm not even going to bother posting my opinion about the DLC here either. I just wish you wouldn't encourage them further.

Originally Posted by Toasterhed View Post (Source)
    Actually the entire reason I've never posted in this forum is because it's usually just a few people taking over almost every thread on this site, and they are often overly dramatic. Not trying to be rude, but it's pretty much all I see and I can't even follow an OP.

I'm not even going to bother posting my opinion about the DLC here either. I just wish you wouldn't encourage them further.
    Sorry you feel that way. It would be nice if more people would contribute for more varied discussion.
    Player player = new Player { EarlyBirdPass = true, CoasterHeadClub = true, VIPSingleTicket = true };

Originally Posted by Toasterhed View Post (Source)
    James wasn't encouraging anything, what's the point in signing up just to post that you're so bothered to post?

When I come to the forum I read a lot of the posts. I only post every now and then. I've only seen a few posts where there was an issue and it was taken cared of by the administrator right away. Sometimes things can be miss interpreted when people write stuff in any forum. The majority of the time this site is one of the better forums I've been on. I guess it's a matter of opinion. It's not necessarily "taking over the thread" people might just be interested in that particular topic. Toasterhed I hope you don't take this the wrong way. It's not my intention to disrespect you in any way. You have the right your opinion just like everyone else on this site.

Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)

Hi everyone,

As we briefly mentioned in one of our development updates a few months ago, we have been gearing up for our first optional paid content launch. Now were excited to tell you what its all about!

As of today, weve added three new downloadable content packs for Planet Coaster, featuring the DeLorean Time Machine from Back to the Future, the K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. vehicles from Knight Rider, and the Munster Koach and DRAG-U-LA vehicles from The Munsters.

Each of these kits include special themed karts and components for your Go-Karts, as well as different scaled pieces for you to construct creatively (specific info below)! Each kit also contains the ready-made blueprint for the vehicle specific to that content pack.

Please note that each Construction Kit is completely optional for you to purchase! Wed love to see them appear in the game to see what you can do with them, and you will be supporting the Frontier team with the development of Planet Coaster.

The kits are available now and sold separately on both Steam and the Frontier store for 1.99 ($2.99, 2.99)* each.

See below for details on what each kit includes!

Back to the Future:
    • Miniature DeLorean Time Machine kart for Go-Karts
    • 1:1:2 scale scenery pieces
      • Original 1985 DeLorean Time Machine vehicle
      • 2015 DeLorean Time Machine vehicle with Mr. Fusion and hover wheels
      • 1955 DeLorean Time Machine vehicle with hood circuits and white tires
      • 1885 DeLorean Time Machine vehicle with hood circuits and train wheels
    • 1:1:8 scale construction set which is a ten-piece building set for the DeLorean Time Machine
    • Back to the Future backlit logo sign
    • 88MPH flame trail FX piece
    • Flux Capacitor electrical effect

Knight Rider:
    • Miniature K.I.T.T. kart for Go-Karts
      • K.I.T.T. vehicle
      • Super Pursuit K.I.T.T. vehicle
      • K.A.R.R. vehicle
    • 1:1:8 scale construction set which is a six-piece building set for the K.I.T.T., Super Pursuit K.I.T.T., and K.A.R.R. vehicles
    • Knight Rider backlit logo sign
    • Special explosion effect
    • 2x bullet impact effect

The Munsters:
    • Miniature Munster Koach kart for Go-Karts
      • Munster Koach vehicle
      • DRAG-U-LA vehicle
    • 1:1:8 scale construction set which is a 27-piece building set for the Munster Koach and DRAG-U-LA vehicles
    • The Munsters backlit logo sign
    • Spooky green mist effect
    • Bat confetti effect

How will it work?
    If you do not want to purchase any additional content, thats fine! Youll be able to toggle them on or off by using the lock button right next to the in-game search bar.

Any items on the Steam Workshop that feature paid content items will be marked with a special tag; if you own the same content items as the Workshop item, youll be able to place and interact with that blueprint as you would normally. If you do not own the same content items, you can still subscribe to that blueprint, but you will not be able to place it in your park it will give an obstructed notification as well as a warning that the item youve selected included DLC content.

The same happens with entire parks that contain additional content; upon opening the park, you will get an in-game notification that tells you this park contains DLC items. You can ignore the notification and fly through the park as you normally would, but any paid content will be locked for you and it wont function within the park unless you have the correct kit purchased.

Should you have any more questions regarding these additional content items, weve prepared an FAQ for you!

Thank you for your ongoing support; we cant wait to see how you will incorporate these pieces into the game!

Bo

*Requires Planet Coaster game (sold separately) and all game updates to play.
    I would like to see one of these themed around The Twilight Zone so we could make better tower of terror rides

Originally Posted by disneyparksfan55 View Post (Source)
    I would like to see one of these themed around The Twilight Zone so we could make better tower of terror rides
    That would be a great theme to add. I love watching the Twilight Zone series on T.V. also I've been on the actual ride The Tower of Terror at Universal Studios Florida a few years ago. (ride starts around 5:30)

Just bought the BTTF kit and noticed the 1955 Delorean has Mr. Fusion on it. That is incorrect. I'll post a bug report but not sure anyone cares but me!

A couple of quid just for a go cart skin and some building pieces?? This is just public stupidity, they should be free.

there is a version of the car in time period with Mr. Fusion. in the second movie they travel back to 1955 (after being in 2015) in the vehicle that had this installed on it...that is the version they store in the cave that Marty finds back in 1885 (??) still with Mr.Fusion on it. Basically the only one that didn't have it was in the first movie (1985 and 1955), until the very end shot where Doc comes back from the future. Jeeze - this explanation is as confusing as the movies were. - here is the pic from the movie

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    there is a version of the car in time period with Mr. Fusion. in the second movie they travel back to 1955 (after being in 2015) in the vehicle that had this installed on it...that is the version they store in the cave that Marty finds back in 1885 (??) still with Mr.Fusion on it. Basically the only one that didn't have it was in the first movie (1985 and 1955), until the very end shot where Doc comes back from the future. Jeeze - this explanation is as confusing as the movies were. - here is the pic from the movie
    http://imageshack.com/a/img922/2885/ahdrSh.jpg
    Lol, wowman, it does get confusing.

While that is true I would not call that the 1955 car. For example, I want my Hill Valley display with the cable from the clock tower starting the 1955 car. If memory serves, you didn't need lightning to supply power to the Mr. Fusion versions.

That would just be the normal car then. In the first movie when they used lightning...it was the normal car from 1985 that started in the beginning of the movie.

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    That would just be the normal car then. In the first movie when they used lightning...it was the normal car from 1985 that started in the beginning of the movie.
    Ack! You are right. I had to go back and look again. OK, my bad!

Lol, these paid dlcs are sooo thin, compared to even the free updates. I guess I’ll view them as donation opportunities I however disagree with those claiming that PC was ever incomplete. Even vanilla had so much content IMO. Therefore I find these long (mbc et al) discussions so out of place, since there the incompleteness is a premise and so nothing meaningful (to me) follows later. But please, Frontier, release a bigger DLC or expansion, and make management aspect more challenging!

Edit: oh this was my first post? Really?

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by Bitula View Post (Source)
    Lol, these paid dlcs are sooo thin, compared to even the free updates. I guess I’ll view them as donation opportunities I however disagree with those claiming that PC was ever incomplete. Even vanilla had so much content IMO. Therefore I find these long (mbc et al) discussions so out of place, since there the incompleteness is a premise and so nothing meaningful (to me) follows later. But please, Frontier, release a bigger DLC or expansion, and make management aspect more challenging!

Edit: oh this was my first post? Really?
    Yes, this was your first post. Welcome to the Planet Coaster forums! : )

The idea of a bigger DLC or expansion pack for Planet Coaster sounds great. I'm sure that we will see lots of new content for the game in the future.
    PLANET COASTER WebsiteForumsRulesSystem requirementsFrontier Support | EARLY BIRD ● COASTER HEAD ● VIP ● I ♥ GULPEE REX