VOLT - A Mack Multi-Launch Coaster (inspired by HELIX) [WIP]

Thread: VOLT - A Mack Multi-Launch Coaster (inspired by HELIX) [WIP]

VOLT - A Mack Multi-Launch Coaster (inspired by HELIX) [WIP]

Welcome to VOLT, a dual launch Mack coaster closely clinged to a hill side.
    This is the first project in Planet Coaster that I'm presenting to you here.

The coaster is currently "work in progress". I was strongly inspired by HELIX at Liseberg concerning the hillside location theming and soundtrack (which I will be making). The long track starts on top of the hill and features two launches and 5 inversions. Theming around the track is mainly rocks and foliage. The station will have modern style touches with concrete and shiny reflecting surfaces. I intend to compose a soundtrack for the ride and queue areas that will lift the modern theming. But today I've only got some pictures of the track. I'll present the station building later.

The imafe below shows the highest point of the ride. Some more custom supports still needed here.

I wished we would have Mack-like trains in Planet Coaster!

I'm very happy how the supports turned out below. On the right you can see the first launch.

One of two airtime hills.

The track also features two tunnels...

...and a waterfall.

A block breake before the second launch. The coaster runs on three trains.

That's it for now. I hope you like the images.

For those who are interested in my old RCT3 projects: https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarroc91/videos

Wow really good, i love you foliage and scenery also your custom supports are done very well! The one thing i dont like are the catwalks, but that is personal preference, my option would be custom one sided catwalks! But all in all good job. PS have you done the coaster with the 4m pieces an the back and fourth smoothing?

Looks very nice! Oh, if only we had an actual Mack in the game..

looks like a great coaster...would love to see a video of it.

Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    Looks very nice! Oh, if only we had an actual Mack in the game..
    Yeah frontier.Why are you giving us other coasters instead
    Europapark and Disneyland fan,recreations,own music

On mobile and the third screenshot made me blink a couple of times to make sure it was not a picture of a coaster! Very well done!

Originally Posted by DisneylandFreak View Post (Source)
    Yeah frontier.Why are you giving us other coasters instead
    Maybe Sam Denney had to wait 2.5 hours for a ride on Helix, but when it was finally his turn the ride broke down!

Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    Maybe Sam Denney had to wait 2.5 hours for a ride on Helix, but when it was finally his turn the ride broke down!
    Seems like a solid reason for SpoilerSam.And after that he said this:Launch Coasters?We don't need any more launch coasters!We already have them.
    And the community was like:Wait what? We only have the full throttle torquy coaster.We need mack and intamin!
    Europapark and Disneyland fan,recreations,own music

You definitely nailed the supports, great job so far! I also agree that there needs to be a Mack style coaster made.

Update 07-21

Originally Posted by FamousGe View Post (Source)
    PS have you done the coaster with the 4m pieces an the back and fourth smoothing?
    I'm afraid I did not. Smoothness is one thing I'm not entirely happy with at the moment. Maybe I will redo some parts near the end of the project. But before you're wondering: it's not catastrophic.

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    looks like a great coaster...would love to see a video of it.
    Thanks, that is planned!

Originally Posted by Dazz009 View Post (Source)
    On mobile and the third screenshot made me blink a couple of times to make sure it was not a picture of a coaster! Very well done!
    Thanke you!

Originally Posted by Zergei View Post (Source)
    You definitely nailed the supports, great job so far! I also agree that there needs to be a Mack style coaster made.
    Thanks, making custom supports can be a bit frustrating due to the way the point of rotation changes when selecting multiple pieces, but it pays off!

-----------------------

I brought a few more pictures from the coaster's track for today.

This is the custom supported Immelmann after the first launch.

Next over the airtime hill!

And then quick turn just over a waterfall.

And this last image teases the style of the station.

That's it for this small update. Again, I hope you like the images.

I think supports are one of the most important aspects of a coaster's visuals. Those grand metal structures are very impressive and make you feel so tiny next the giant machine a coaster is, so it's great to see that you made your own supports. It really adds a whole extra layer of realism to the coaster.

@Frontier: we need that Mack yo.

that looks really really good!! do you have any of your custom supports on your workshop?
    PlanCo + RCTClassic Alpha VIP Thrillseeker
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it