Everyday Foods & Drinks contain TOO MUCH SUGAR.

Thread: Everyday Foods & Drinks contain TOO MUCH SUGAR.

Everyday Foods & Drinks contain TOO MUCH SUGAR.

Since this is an Off Topic Thread section, I'd like to point out everyday foods and drinks, contain far too much sugar. People can easily struggle to eat less than 200 grams of sugar a day. It's no wonder why roughly 1 in 3 people suffer from diabetes. A single muffin can easily contain 10-30g of sugar. 250ml fizzy drink or even 100% not-from-concentrate Orange Juice contains around 20g of sugar. There are SOME foods/drinks with no or low sugar content, but it is alarming the amount of food/drinks which contain a lot of sugar. Even one apple can contain as much as 8g of sugar. I heard starch in foods isn't good for the body. And of course, Gluten Free food is overpriced. What's your opinions?
    My PC
    6th gen Intel Core i7-6700k (4.2Ghz, 4 cores, 8 threads), EVGA GTX 1070 SC (8GB GDDR5, 1885Mhz clock speed tested), 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz HyperX RAM, Corsair 300r windowed, Wi-Fi ac, Windows 10 Home, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (primary), 240GB Kingston Fury HyperX SSD.

I agree. There is even sugar in stuff that's not supposed to have sugar like ham and mayonaise. It's ridiculous and all just to get you 'hooked' to a product under the guise of product longlevity. Being healthy is suspiciously expensive when you are actually suffering from food allergy.
    MY DOUBLE TRACK ELEVATED MONORAIL STATION: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...03&searchtext=
    My Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/lostaname
    An agile Gulpee in his (un)natural habitat: http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/awxMWWx_460sv.mp4

I avoid processed sugars wherever I can! I don't have diabetes but I have always tried my best to look after myself and watch what I eat. It's hard to avoid sugars and carbohydrates, most common snack/lunch type foods are loaded with the darn stuff! That's not to say sugar is some universal evil, it's just the quantity of it in every day foods which really do not need it. Some of the worst offenders are those stupid "health'"food bars!

#bantz
    Dus oe vele folbu?

I think too much emphasis is put on sugar, I don't drink coffee/tea/milk/water. All I ever drink is regular cans of coke and Pepsi with the occasional Lucozade, Ribena and fresh orange. None of that yukky diet stuff either! I'm healthy enough, I'm not bouncing off the walls unless it's update day and my weight is healthy for my size I'm a size UK10, weigh 8 stone and I'm 5ft6. I eat a varied diet but I avoid fat and too much fried foods. On the other hand, my cakeoholic, chip loving husband is getting on the porky side, he says sugars are bad for you and never drinks coke/pepsi, preferring tea and coffee. He's living proof that it's the cakes and chips that are bad for you not the sugar!
    Let there be goats! (..but not in Jurassic Park)

Originally Posted by Sherrie View Post (Source)
    I think too much emphasis is put on sugar, I don't drink coffee/tea/milk/water. All I ever drink is regular cans of coke and Pepsi with the occasional Lucozade, Ribena and fresh orange. None of that yukky diet stuff either! I'm healthy enough, I'm not bouncing off the walls unless it's update day and my weight is healthy for my size I'm a size UK10, weigh 8 stone and I'm 5ft6. I eat a varied diet but I avoid fat and too much fried foods. On the other hand, my cakeoholic, chip loving husband is getting on the porky side, he says sugars are bad for you and never drinks coke/pepsi, preferring tea and coffee. He's living proof that it's the cakes and chips that are bad for you not the sugar!
    Wouldn't the cakes and the chips contain sugar and carbs? (Carbs basically being something that our bodies convert into sugar for energy...)

Originally Posted by Minnion View Post (Source)
    Wouldn't the cakes and the chips contain sugar and carbs? (Carbs basically being something that our bodies convert into sugar for energy...)
    cakes are 50-60% carbs. chips are worse.
    and yes carbs are converted into sugar once digested.
    so weight for weight, cakes and chips are much, much worse than coke, as far as sugar is concerned.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |