4000+ suggestions

Thread: 4000+ suggestions

4000+ suggestions

4000+ suggestions, some really usefull, some even pretty easy to apply, but do they really listen and do something with it?

I mean something simple like a fence tab should already be in-game right?
    I would love to see how this section of the forum is looked at by the developers
    Building a YouTube Channel devoted to Planet Coaster https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCh...tZ0Ter6iyMWGnw

Oh they do listen for sure, they usually just don't respond. The thing is, programming a game is very difficult. Many suggestions seem easy to implement for the surface, but in reality the most simplest thing can be very hard to implement. And even if it is not hard, it can still take a lot of time. Take the co-collision for instance. Collision seems like an easy thing to get rid of. You either turn it on or off, but a lot of the game depended on there being collision so just turning it off would completely break the game.

There are however certain missing/bugged features in Planet Coaster that should be kinda basic and be in the game but don't underestimate the time it takes to add the simplest of features.

Also there is always a priority queue of things to be done in any software development. Usually ordered based on importance, time, skills available, and various other factors. Many of the things added were suggested on this forum especially during the alpha, and some since then such as the collision switch. The forums are read, there just isn't always time to respond probably. I would imagine they are very busy working on the game.
    Player player = new Player { EarlyBirdPass = true, CoasterHeadClub = true, VIPSingleTicket = true };

Along with what has already been said, there is also the fact that the developers have to go back and decide whether it is something that fits the game and if it needs to be implemented.

Using your example about a fences tab; would it be helpful? Yer probably. Is it necessary? Probably not since we already have a search function. It's easy to type in fence and they all pop up.

They definitely read these forums though, it's just that they can only take into consideration so many things on top of what they already have planned.
    Want to see Planet Coaster videos plus many other different games?

Button Budds YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx..._uIEgvh2Q3GN7g

Steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7.../?appid=518340

I think if all ideas would be listed in a correct manner you will never get to 4000+ ideas. So many duplicates. And that's the main problem here.

How can they even begin to sort this out. It is a mess.

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    I think if all ideas would be listed in a correct manner you will never get to 4000+ ideas. So many duplicates. And that's the main problem here.

- 1000 waterpark requests sorry :p
    Building a YouTube Channel devoted to Planet Coaster https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCh...tZ0Ter6iyMWGnw

If there are so many duplicates its clear people want those thing to be implemented?

Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    If there are so many duplicates its clear people want those thing to be implemented?
    Yep, I 100% agree with this. that it means it is a top request.

But for example the water parks.

On the first page I already see 3 submissions. searching will give you hell of a lot more.

Still every time it is:

"I searched but couldn't find it." or "don't know if somebody already put this here",

There is just no logic for any of these reasons why it has to be duplicated here.
    No wonder some good ideas get flooded all the time.

edit:
    And because these threads keep popping up there is no clear indication about the true request rate. Because if someone has a idea and then just everybody simply replies by yes or no it is much easier to see how many yesses and how many nos. Polls would be even better.

Yep, I 100% agree with this. that it means it is a top request.

But for example the water parks.

On the first page I already see 3 submissions. searching will give you hell of a lot more.

Still every time it is:

"I searched but couldn't find it." or "don't know if somebody already put this here",

There is just no logic for any of these reasons why it has to be duplicated here.
    No wonder some good ideas get flooded all the time.

edit:
    And because these threads keep popping up there is no clear indication about the true request rate. Because if someone has a idea and then just everybody simply replies by yes or no it is much easier to see how many yesses and how many nos. Polls would be even better.
    Yea you're right. If people were to search for the original thread about an idea you will contain all the information in one place, but on the other hand, people constantly making new threads about the same ideas clearly shows what the community wants. But yeah, there are indeed like 3-4 threads about waterparks and zoos on the front page now which is a bit extreme.

The difficulty in implementing features isn't always the feature itself. Sometimes its how that feature interacts with other gameplay elements. Not to mention the restrictions of the engine and resources.

I love the time Frontier dedicates to the community. Its really out of this world at times. For a game that has a single price point model no less. I've seen less time and love shown to games I have to pay a monthly subscription to play!

Your thoughts are heard.

i agree with SoapyIllusion.
    Frontier are stunning with their community management.

and you're right about the value of all that interaction, for example, i still pay CCP annual subscription and i played EVE for only about 10 hours last year. why? great game, great value, i want to support them. when they created a player-elected council to assist in setting dev priorities... i thought that was just outstanding and inspired.

the 4000 ideas (or 1000) are of course listed somewhere at frontier, and it would reduce forum ranting if we could see that list.
    but then, we'd miss out on all the heated emotional mass debating, wouldn't we?
    which, in a strange way, also adds some value.

also agree with the comment about using Search, but a moderator slapped someone for repeatedly pointing that out.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

At the end of the day, us 'whining' about all these 'minor' problems only shows how passionate we are about the game. All we want is it to reach its full potential.

I do feel the tone, mine probably as well, has become a bit negative, especially in that other thread. Personally, I feel the game is of extremely high quality. There are very little bugs, and those that are in the game can actually make the game better sometimes, like the bug to make the grid-size smaller. The no-collision feature, a feature heavily requested by the community, a feature Frontier actually commented on and something we actually got was absolutely perfectly handled, and I hope we can see more of this in future updates.