Planet Coaster Productions: Commercial Break - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Planet Coaster Productions: Commercial Break

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #16
    Originally Posted by jemand123 View Post (Source)
    So one question - you say we are free to edit and use special effects - and you also said we are to use the soundtrack music if we wanted a musical touch.

    How about using sound effects? Let's say I needed an animal sound which the game did not contain, but it would help bring the mood along. Am I fine to use that or are you strict on that one?
    Because we're sharing it on our channels, we'd prefer game sounds only. It wouldn't be a direct disqualification, depending on what you decide. Hope that helps!

  2. #17
    Funny, I was going to ask the same thing!

    What if we acknowledge the sound was freely available and in the public domain? I was specifically thinking of a door creaking and slamming, which I found on a royalty free public domain site. I assume this would be OK?

  3. #18
    Can we use copyright free music, for example from: http://freemusicarchive.org ???
    CoasterHead , EarlyBird , VIP Single Ticket (but who cares?)

  4. #19
    what game sounds are being talked about here...am I missing something great???

  5. #20
    Ooh I need to get some more progress done on my current park then!
    This sounds like it could be a lot of fun!
    Want to see Planet Coaster videos plus many other different games?

    Button Budds YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx..._uIEgvh2Q3GN7g

    Steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7.../?appid=518340

  6. #21
    cant wait to see the entrace vid. Am too busy to participate (and I use many items from the other users)

  7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #22
    Originally Posted by Citytrader View Post (Source)
    Funny, I was going to ask the same thing!

    What if we acknowledge the sound was freely available and in the public domain? I was specifically thinking of a door creaking and slamming, which I found on a royalty free public domain site. I assume this would be OK?
    Again, it won't be an immediate disqualification but we'd prefer in-game sounds only.

    Originally Posted by Spanky View Post (Source)
    Can we use copyright free music, for example from: http://freemusicarchive.org ???
    No, you can't. We are limiting this to the Planet Coaster soundtrack, as per the rules . Hope you understand!

  8. #23
    Awesome, just the kind of contest i need with my experience as 3D, motion, web & graphic designer...

    I do have some questions about sounds/ music, since it's a bit unclear what is allowed and what isn't.
    i am a dj/producer in my spare time and know how to create my own music from scratch.

    So my questions are:

    Are we (am i) allowed to use music/sounds we created ourselfs? as example with programs such as FL studio, Cubase, etc. or even our own music instruments/ voices (recorded)...


    If not, are we allowed to mix/remix in-game music/sounds to give it a personal touch? Or do you prefer the original in-game music/sounds?


    I understand copyrights can be an issue, certainly when used for commercial use.

  9. #24
    I think the best option would be for everyone to use the Planet Coaster Soundtrack ONLY. Saves a lot of hassle trying to clarify and keep it away from copyright etc etc.
    Coasterhead Club | Steam: Jammy3112

  10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #25
    Originally Posted by FutureFear View Post (Source)
    Awesome, just the kind of contest i need with my experience as 3D, motion, web & graphic designer...

    I do have some questions about sounds/ music, since it's a bit unclear what is allowed and what isn't.
    i am a dj/producer in my spare time and know how to create my own music from scratch.

    So my questions are:

    Are we (am i) allowed to use music/sounds we created ourselfs? as example with programs such as FL studio, Cubase, etc. or even our own music instruments/ voices (recorded)...


    If not, are we allowed to mix/remix in-game music/sounds to give it a personal touch? Or do you prefer the original in-game music/sounds?


    I understand copyrights can be an issue, certainly when used for commercial use.
    Awesome, looking forward to your submission!

    We can only accept in-game sounds and Planet Coaster OST. You may edit that music if you want, but nothing else with copyright because the winner will be featured on our channels.

    Thanks for understanding

  11. #26
    Hi Frontier. Thanks for this awsome idea.

    I also have a little question : english is not my native language, therefore I may use a licensed TTS (Text to speach) software I bought and use for my YouTube videos. Is this allowed ? And if not, in what language can we make voiceover texts ?

    Big thanks in advance for your answer.
    Kind Regards,
    TheRack.

  12. #27
    Oh man I CANNOT wait to see the entries for this! If I were any good at video editing I'd love to enter, but I don't have software/skills/time. Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

  13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #28
    Originally Posted by TheRack View Post (Source)
    Hi Frontier. Thanks for this awsome idea.

    I also have a little question : english is not my native language, therefore I may use a licensed TTS (Text to speach) software I bought and use for my YouTube videos. Is this allowed ? And if not, in what language can we make voiceover texts ?

    Big thanks in advance for your answer.
    Kind Regards,
    TheRack.
    Hiya!

    Yes that is fine! Looking forward to see what you come up with

    Cheers,
    Bo

  14. #29
    I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's entries to this contest.

  15. #30
    As a thrillseeker i got the soundtrack songs, but where can we find the in-game soundeffects like the kraken roar? Or can't we use them in the video for the competition?
    Check out my steam workshop and blueprints: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pixelwe.../?appid=493340

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments