Devs, please give us a quality of life patch. - Page 5

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Devs, please give us a quality of life patch.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Because bugs means errors means people can't play. These have priority of fixing.. Gameplay elements is more of an opinion of somebody that has an idea about how the game needs to be played.
    It's not rocket science how decisions are made.

And I agree that a single list with all ideas is a pro.

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #62
    Originally Posted by Coasterbuff View Post (Source)
    You can't expect the devs to be jumping in at every suggestion or request, or they would not have any time to be getting on with what they are doing. We have people like Ed and Bo who keep us informed of what's going on, as and when they are allowed to notify us. It is not the job of the devs to be answering everyone's questions. They are all aware of what is needed to improve the game and also what needs fixing, which will eventually get sorted. Rome wasn't built in a day, just be patient, there is a lot still yet to do with this game and it will get done as promised. Not every new future improvement will be free and sooner or later we will have to pay for larger updates and expansions. What the game provides so far is more than I ever expected in the time since Alpha and it all takes time to reach a certain goal. Just be thankful for what Frontier are doing with this game and compare it in another twelve months, to what it is now.
    I say to all at Frontier, well done and thank you for giving us what we have so far. You are all doing a great job.
    Thank you

Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)
    Thank you
    Your welcome Bo
    Granddad ​The Old One .. ......... I taw I taw a puddy cat , a cweepin up on me. I did, I taw a puddy cat as nice as he cud be!.............​EARLY BIRD OWNER & Alleged FanGranddad!

Just thumbs up for the OP.

Frontier. Why you don't understand the problems and start to fix them instead of giving us unnecessary updates.

Or open the game for mods that improve the game in a way you ignore it!

Last time i played was about a few month.
    I invested so much money into the game to hopefully get the game where it should be. Instead of getting updates about more buildings pieces for blueprints, we should finally get a 100% improved path system.

We accepted that we don't get water physics. But the actual solution with low quality sprites are unacceptable

I think every "patch" i meant to improve the quality of the game. So I dont get that. I feel like all posts start out here with the intention of helping the game. Then it just turns into this tidal wave of whining....

While I agree there are some items that could use addressing I dont see anything at this point is game breaking. You wanna go see game breaking go play that "other" theme park game. I think a lot of people are making big deals out of things that are minute annoyances. Saying things like "I dont play the game anymore" makes you sound like your making demands. It makes it sound like the devs and frontieer owe you something... Do they really?

Im all for constructive criticism. But keep it classy please. Dont "Demand" dont say the devs aren't doing their jobs. Don't fight with other fourm members. State what you'd like to see, how you think it can be implemented and let it be. If they hear you, great!. If not then its like any other game you play where your demands arent met.

*jumps off soap box*

*goes and plays Planet Coaster*

You can usually tell by the amount of posts in a thread (the more the worse it is) that there's some serious whining going on.

This thread needs a lot of alcohol (for either burning the thing down or just drinking).

My two pyreals on the subject - please make it not take hours to create virtually anything in the game.

Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post (Source)
    Just thumbs up for the OP.

Frontier. Why you don't understand the problems and start to fix them instead of giving us unnecessary updates.

Or open the game for mods that improve the game in a way you ignore it!

Last time i played was about a few month.
    I invested so much money into the game to hopefully get the game where it should be. Instead of getting updates about more buildings pieces for blueprints, we should finally get a 100% improved path system.

We accepted that we don't get water physics. But the actual solution with low quality sprites are unacceptable

i don't think the previous updates were unnecessary, so please count me out of the "we" in above posting.

i like seeing even more building pieces to work with. smaller pieces. larger pieces.
    diagonal pieces. better dialogue to set angles. and lots of UI improvements.
    and i agree we need a much better pathing utility. the actual one is pita, no matter if you have learned to use it or not.
    there is a "terrain next to path problem".
    block brakes still not working in every coaster type possible (even with correct usage of bb, you can't add more trains).

like many other members, i have a huge list of new ideas and feature improvements in mind. and still, after 5 months of playing, i feel like "hey, that feature would be cool as well". but same time, there are still some bugs to fix. each day someone comes up with something new. i don't think at all that PC is a buggy product, quite the contrary i am quite lucky with my hardware setup that i can create semi-big parks (less scenery) with multiple huge coasters without guest limitation. and PC, during the last ca. 6 months crashed maybe 3 times (each time because of over-excessive usage, and each time the autosave was such a happy joy ).

and still lots of unlucky gamers having hi-end hardware but can't enjoy the best possible game performance.

To make it short, we can't have it all at once. And Frontier team has (by far) better requirements than we to decide what has to ship with the next update.

i think Bo is hilarious and full of passion, Sam D is as awesome as awesome can be, and every live stream guest has been very helpful and very generous.
    but that's not really what this thread is about... is it?

according to steam, i have played 600 hours since 1 feb. i will keep playing. i love the game.
    i would like a QoL update so that i could have got the same result, in 300 hours.
    or, twice as far, in the 600 hours.

there have been a dozen real time savers, vs rct3, since alpha.
    undo, better wall snapping, better terrain, some aspects of pathing, building grids, ...

and there are some real time wasters, most are mentioned in the OP.
    overall, it is taking me a lot longer to build a similar size/style of park, than rct3, but of course it looks much, much much nicer.
    so i have a vision in my head, i think - "two weekends" based on 1000s of hours rct3, and... it takes 4 weekends.

so for me, an update that ONLY made playing the game faster - a lot faster - would be more valuable (100s of hours of my time are valuable to me), than an update with more content.

if you don't agree that QoL is important, thanks for commenting, now go start your own thread and make your own suggestions.
    you don't see me parking in your threads bagging your ideas of what matters.
    what's the point of giving open honest feedback if the community shouts down everyone who isn't saying "more pieces! more coasters!"?
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

Originally Posted by jamesviago View Post (Source)
    if you don't agree that QoL is important, thanks for commenting, now go start your own thread and make your own suggestions.
    what's the point of giving open honest feedback if the community shouts down everyone who isn't saying "more pieces! more coasters!"?
    Where did anyone say it wasn't important? No-one (devs included) thinks that. However as I'm sure you can understand there are other factors that come into play and they have to balance those to do what's best for the game in the long run. It's not a hard concept to understand. And I don't see anyone being shouted down, I see people trying to explain that it's not all about what a few posters in this thread want/demand.

Originally Posted by jamesviago View Post (Source)
    i think Bo is hilarious and full of passion, Sam D is as awesome as awesome can be, and every live stream guest has been very helpful and very generous.
    but that's not really what this thread is about... is it?

according to steam, i have played 600 hours since 1 feb. i will keep playing. i love the game.
    i would like a QoL update so that i could have got the same result, in 300 hours.
    or, twice as far, in the 600 hours.

there have been a dozen real time savers, vs rct3, since alpha.
    undo, better wall snapping, better terrain, some aspects of pathing, building grids, ...

and there are some real time wasters, most are mentioned in the OP.
    overall, it is taking me a lot longer to build a similar size/style of park, than rct3, but of course it looks much, much much nicer.
    so i have a vision in my head, i think - "two weekends" based on 1000s of hours rct3, and... it takes 4 weekends.

so for me, an update that ONLY made playing the game faster - a lot faster - would be more valuable (100s of hours of my time are valuable to me), than an update with more content.

This is an interesting point you make. It does indeed take a lot longer to make stuff in PC compared to RCT3. I think there are several reasons for this. The first one is that we can add a lot more detail in PC, so naturally you will spend more time on this than you would in RCT3. The other big factor is that some of the systems can be tedious to use, while not broken, they aren't really all that user friendly either, like a lot of the QoL-fixes pointed out in this thread.

Originally Posted by inspectorgadget View Post (Source)
    Where did anyone say it wasn't important? No-one (devs included) thinks that. However as I'm sure you can understand there are other factors that come into play and they have to balance those to do what's best for the game in the long run. It's not a hard concept to understand. And I don't see anyone being shouted down, I see people trying to explain that it's not all about what a few posters in this thread want/demand.
    i respect that your priorities differ to mine. not agreeing with you does not in any way impair my ability to understand your logic or your opinions.
    and my inability to understand non-hard concepts is not the topic of this thread. this thread, is about "please give us a quality of life patch."

i have an opinion about the OP, my opinion is that for me, QoL (specifically, anything that makes it faster to build stuff) is the highest priority item.

can i share my opinion without being called a whinger?
    can i share my opinion without being labeled as "making demands"?
    can i share without my opinion being discounted because clearly i'm too thick to understand other factors? or to understand simple concepts?

i have not, to my knowledge, mentioned anyone else's ability to understand anything, or to comprehend simple (obviously right) concepts.
    i try to respect the alternative viewpoints presented.

please, respect my views.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

Originally Posted by inspectorgadget View Post (Source)
    The thing is, some of those QoL-issues have been in the game since the alpha. Even things that should be easily fixable, and are requested by the majority of the community, like coaster friction for instance. There are some unpolished areas and features that many would consider basic missing so naturally people keep asking for them. And those features being not in the game is not really the problem, it is more that Frontier very rarely comments on them, so it can easily feel you aren't heard, etc.

The most notable exception is the whole no-collision thing. Frontier did actually comment on why it was very hard and unlikely to be implemented, and then as a surprise we still got it. That's the kind of communicating people want, especially about the basic missing features and lack of polish in certain areas of the game.

Yes. Some are over a year old.
    Those items, it would be nice to get a reaction.

We have to be careful claiming community majority though. I think in reality "the majority" don't care enough to even register​ here, let alone comment.
    Also, there are several notable examples of Frontier listening; XYZ tool, path snapping, the friction cheat (which is surely a warm up to a friction slider: release the cheat, get feedback, complete the tweaks, release the feature).

But anything over a year old clearly is harder than we think, or has low priority. I'm ok either way, but I'd like to know if there's anything in the wind.

My reason is, if I spend 100 working out how to get around an issue, and then "surprise! Fixed!" I'm not actually as hyped as I should be - I'm annoyed that that was 100 hours I could have invested in some other idea!

So surprises can be awesome, and they can be a buzz kill. This tactic of trialling ideas using cheat codes is great, because now I won't spend hours tweaky tweaking a track to fix speed issues, I know that friction is now a flexible parameter, so likely to become a feature eventually, so I can focus elsewhere.

That's good enough for me. So more like that would be great. Like reinstate the "cheat" that let us have multiple grid orientations in one building. Soooo much time that would save.

Also, Bo has told us they're hearing us re breaking published pieces, and they're going to find a way to help us there. Yeah! Thanks Bo and thanks Frontier!

@chems

The problem with "no collision" is a good example. Does it really took month after month to make it happen?

The same problem we have with dynamic lighting! Why can't set in the options to have dynamic lightning on every little piece. And why we can't create a totally black room with every walltype or better with every object. If I build a 1x1 room but covered with only wooden pillars then I expect totally black inside! The ENigne is not flexible. It looks great at the first time, after looking closer i realize that's away from awesome! Look a the fake boring water from the log flumes and rapid river

I think frontier see how people like silvarett are building, then they think they don't need to fix finallly the buggy pathsystem, because silvaretts finds solutions. I'm a great and creative builder and I can mess up with silvarett too but that's not the right way to give us tools that doesn't work intuitive and logical.

Then there other problems like gameplay. I don't like things to be implemented that doesn't really need anyone where at the same time are problems to be solved first. Crime? I don't need that hole stuff. How much crime we have in real life parks to say "hey we build this into the game"? I don't need that. What I need and want is a real pricing on objects and tickets and rides.

Doesn't anyone from frontier interest "these MAIN" problems?

I thought in 2017 we can expect a game with dynamic lightning for objects, totally darkness in rooms, better pathsystem, better smarter snapping system for multiple objects,

Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post (Source)
    I don't like things to be implemented that doesn't really need anyone where at the same time are problems to be solved first. Crime? I don't need that hole stuff. How much crime we have in real life parks to say "hey we build this into the game"? I don't need that. What I need and want is a real pricing on objects and tickets and rides.
    Crime is not needed no but that's not a reason to not add it to the game. It's a fun feature and yes I agree it's not everyone's cup of tea (some are going to be more keen on certain features than others) and that's why they gave us the option to disable it. I would say a small percentage of those who play the game actually choose to play without it so for the most part it's a worthwhile addition. What's wrong with the pricing on objects and rides? Matching it up to real life prices just wouldn't work in this game so they've adjusted accordingly. A problem to you isn't necessarily a problem to someone else, the water is fine and I wouldn't label it as 'fake' and 'boring'. Perhaps one day they'll look into proper water physics but for now it's ok as it is. Regarding no collision, how do you know how difficult it was to implement? Are you really suggesting it wasn't as tricky as they made out? And just to re-emphasise this, $1 in game is NOT $1 US

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast