Experimenting with elevators

Thread: Experimenting with elevators

Experimenting with elevators

FAIL! Well. At best a modest success.
    Another experiment, this time we're trying to create elevators.
    It's not a disaster, they do work, I'm just not happy that I couldn't get as accurate with the close-up details as I usually like to be.

Easy enough to replicate. Good luck!
    If you figure out a way to get great detailing (like getting the up/down indicator lights to light up in daylight) i'd love to see that...
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

To bad you have this massive track behind it but the concept of this is cool!

Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    To bad you have this massive track behind it but the concept of this is cool!
    Agreed. If I was to actually use it for a building, I'd make the tracks hide in walls, so it would not be too bad. But I doubt I'll use it unless I can think of a better way to do the doors.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

from the front it looks great, I just don't like the fact that it takes quite a bit of time for the guests to go down one flight

I think it would be really cool to see a "teleport station" I know people might think that sounds dumb and highly unrealistic, but I could see it having multiple functions. Imagine it looking like a bathroom, you could essentially pretend they are elevators or a quick staircase just like in James's video above, they go in one and come out the other one floor up. Or they could be decorated like a sci-fi theme. It could be used to bring guests to secret hidden places, or even to get them up onto a very high surface that you might not want to build a huge staircase to. No reason to limit players just because its unrealistic, it opens up possibilities that you might never have thought of, or you could just choose not to use it. But it doesn't seem like a big request
    Video games are not meant to mimic reality, but to exaggerate it

the unsolvable, which i was trying to solve, is the doors. if we had doors that react to guests, we could hide a spiral staircase or a ride and fake the whole thing. but there are no doors that look anything like elevators. so eventually i gave up the experiment. if you have any ideas about solving that with existing pieces, i'll have another go.

James, once again you have enhanced your already unrivaled position as the most imaginative tinkerer on these boards. You keep thinking up solutions to problems I never knew existed but which seem blatantly obvious after seeing your solutions. Given what we have to work with, I think your basic idea here is the only possible solution and doubtless already pushed as far as it can go. Ingenious!
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post (Source)
    James, once again you have enhanced your already unrivaled position as the most imaginative tinkerer on these boards. You keep thinking up solutions to problems I never knew existed but which seem blatantly obvious after seeing your solutions. Given what we have to work with, I think your basic idea here is the only possible solution and doubtless already pushed as far as it can go. Ingenious!
    Originally Posted by rdrunr7 View Post (Source)
    How clever!
    thanks! much appreciated.
    i'm still obsessing about this one, but i cannot think of a better way to create functional elevator doors...

This is amazing!
    Dus oe vele folbu?

A transport elevator would be so good, I remember having fun with elevators in RCT3, but they were buggy.

Although impractical, your efforts here clearly show you just want elevators in planet coaster!