Why did tegidcam get removed and what reason is there to have the cam mode where you use an xbox controller? - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Why did tegidcam get removed and what reason is there to have the cam mode where you use an xbox controller?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    Yeah.. I get they don't want to spoil stuff and like to surprise us but seriously, the way they keep everything shrouded in secrecy.. It makes people just care a whole lot less I think. A simple "Hey we removed it for reasons but something better is coming" would be enough. Instead we hear basically nothing. Heck, even the Reddit post I linked in my previous comment contains more information from Frontier about this issue than this thread on the official forums.
    Yeah I agree with this. Frontier are a great team and doing great work, but sometimes I feel the way they communicate their roadmap is a bit off. It's fairly clear that it's intentional, and I do respect that FD can run their company however they want - but it does become a bit annoying for people like me who are waiting for changes that may or may not be coming before i play again. In my view, transparent roadmaps have been tried and tested by many devs lately and I think it's been shown to work very well.

Either way, it's nice to know that this is a desirable feature, I hope to see it implemented soon.

Usually devs are secretive because they are held back by their publisher. It's a bit odd with Planet Coaster because Frontier is their own publisher so they're definitely holding back purposefully. That then leads to another major reason dev's hold back is because they don't want to show or hype things that may not get finished in time or even at all. We were pretty bummed about not having Go Karts, picnic tables, security guards, and other concepts that they showed off early on. I think they just don't want to disappoint people like that anymore.

I wonder if tegidcam's removal had something to do with them changing scenery collision detection. We were able to walk on scenery in tegidcam so maybe it was removed for the time being because they didn't have the time to work it back in? But that goes back to them being secretive about it and we all turn into rabid theorists trying to get into their minds. Why didn't they mention its removal? Did they just forget? Did they accidentally break it with the scenery collision? And why not just explain what happened? Is Bo REALLY Foxy?! Conspiracy!
    My Current Parks / Alpine Valley / Lake Greenwood

I get they don't want to announce stuff before they know for certain it will release, and when. But keeping us completely in the dark isn't a great strategy either. Especially for bugs and things like that, they should be more open. The tegidcam even is a feature that has been removed from the game, I see no reason they cannot let us know why.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #24
    Originally Posted by Chems View Post (Source)
    So, it seems there will be something coming "that's worth it" to have some patience for.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlanetCoast...idcam/dgka4xk/

Would be great to have that reaction here as well, as these are the official Planet Coaster forums. Anyway, proper first-person character control incoming?!
    Pretty sure I responded in this thread as well .

Originally Posted by cerealfruitcakes View Post (Source)
    Usually devs are secretive because they are held back by their publisher. It's a bit odd with Planet Coaster because Frontier is their own publisher so they're definitely holding back purposefully. That then leads to another major reason dev's hold back is because they don't want to show or hype things that may not get finished in time or even at all. We were pretty bummed about not having Go Karts, picnic tables, security guards, and other concepts that they showed off early on. I think they just don't want to disappoint people like that anymore.

I wonder if tegidcam's removal had something to do with them changing scenery collision detection. We were able to walk on scenery in tegidcam so maybe it was removed for the time being because they didn't have the time to work it back in? But that goes back to them being secretive about it and we all turn into rabid theorists trying to get into their minds. Why didn't they mention its removal? Did they just forget? Did they accidentally break it with the scenery collision? And why not just explain what happened? Is Bo REALLY Foxy?! Conspiracy!
    Yes, I really voiced Foxy hayo!

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by Bo Marit View Post (Source)
    Pretty sure I responded in this thread as well .
    you sure did

Altough have to admit the forum post sounded like a hint or clue, while the other one sounded like a promise / confirmation

Either way ... #Hype!!

6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #26
    I don't like to copy paste so I tried to rephrase