FPS - a dumb question

Thread: FPS - a dumb question

FPS - a dumb question

I'm a complete noob here - been playing for around 2 weeks. I hope you'll forgive a dumb question. Is there a FPS display built into the game somewhere?

I've notived (as have many others) that large parks lead to frame rate issues. I'm running a i7-5820k @ 4ghz, 16GB ram, and gtx 970. In a large park I'm seeing around 60% to 65% cpu utilization. GPU utilization depends on how big a window I'm trying to drive with my poor little gtx 970. Overall its not too bad but I'm curious as to what FPS I''m actually seeing hence my noob question.

TQ

Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by Tquat View Post (Source)
    I'm a complete noob here - been playing for around 2 weeks. I hope you'll forgive a dumb question. Is there a FPS display built into the game somewhere?

I've notived (as have many others) that large parks lead to frame rate issues. I'm running a i7-5820k @ 4ghz, 16GB ram, and gtx 970. In a large park I'm seeing around 60% to 65% cpu utilization. GPU utilization depends on how big a window I'm trying to drive with my poor little gtx 970. Overall its not too bad but I'm curious as to what FPS I''m actually seeing hence my noob question.

TQ
    No, there is no FPS counter built into the game, but there is one available in Steam. You can enable the FPS counter overlay in the settings of the Steam client.
    Hayo! E maji oe allo a dalflu creoshama

PLANET COASTERWebsiteForumsForum RulesSystem RequirementsFrontier Support

Rule of thumb for FPS in Planet Coaster: The larger the park the lower the FPS.

Even if your computer can play GTA5, Witcher 3 and Call Of Duty 2017 all at once.

Game is very CPU intensive. So if your only seeing FPS in the high 20s dont be surprised.

This is slightly off topic, but I just sensed this going in that direction. Figured I prevent a long thread while I could