How Do I ... Build Paths Underground?

Thread: How Do I ... Build Paths Underground?

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    How Do I ... Build Paths Underground?

    Hi,

    Has this feature been added to the game yet? I have looked around the internet only to find old posts from 2016 and nothing definitive about the subject. I tried to play around with it in-game, but it seems to be, in a practical sense, impossible. Any help for the present or info for future updates that would include this most-important feature would be appreciated.

    Thank you in advance,

    T

  2. #2
    Not possible as far as I know.
    Paths prevent water placement also.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

  3. #3
    The only way is to dig ground , place your path , then raise up ground around it .

  4. #4
    Wow! That's a bummer. Okay. I will have to put the game down until they get it added. And that goes for waterfalls, streams, and other water-type-creation items, as well. I'm sure they will, eventually, but I simply cannot build the kinds of parks I want to build without those features.

    Thanks, again!

  5. #5
    You're likely looking for it to work the same way auto tunnel currently does for coasters. Where it creates a tunnel on it's own as you build the path. In which case no, that currently is not an in-game feature. You can however, use the terrain tools to put the path underground after you create the path. It's more work, but it's doable.

    Your earliest hope for actual auto tunneling paths would be if it's part of the update on April 11, since they haven't revealed everything that's going to be in that yet. Otherwise, it's just a waiting game.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by atreyuu2003 View Post (Source)
    Wow! That's a bummer. Okay. I will have to put the game down until they get it added. And that goes for waterfalls, streams, and other water-type-creation items, as well. I'm sure they will, eventually, but I simply cannot build the kinds of parks I want to build without those features.

    Thanks, again!
    well, you can get the effect you want, in fact it's fairly easy as gecaum pointed out.
    waiting for "it" to be added seems extreme, the only thing you cannot do easily is "drill into" terrain, i.e.. place paths directly underground.
    but watch a few videos and look into it, you can certainly create paths that end up being underground.
    | YouTube: sqmsygames | Steam Workshop: jamesviago | Disney Cruiser | RCT3 / CIV V Addict | Coaster Head | Early Bird | VIP Group |

  7. #7
    It was real easy putting paths underground in RCT3, so it's not necessary to have auto-tunnel for me to build paths underground. It can simply be done by snap-dropping the terrain and building a path downward. I am waiting for something that is as simple as that. Doing a function as elementary as building a path in a game that is "more work, but doable" does not really sound like a game to me. I am a busy guy, so waiting isn't "extreme" for me. No problem.

    Thanks, guys.

    Troy

  8. #8
    Well that got me thinking... Coasters have auto tunnel right? Has anyone tried setting the auto tunnel to the desired width for a tunnel, mapped out the desired tunnels with the coaster, delete the coaster and then put in the paths? I might have to try that sometime in the future....

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Minnion View Post (Source)
    Well that got me thinking... Coasters have auto tunnel right? Has anyone tried setting the auto tunnel to the desired width for a tunnel, mapped out the desired tunnels with the coaster, delete the coaster and then put in the paths? I might have to try that sometime in the future....
    Haven't tried this but the coaster makes the tunnel round where you really want a flat base for your paths.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Luuknoord View Post (Source)
    Haven't tried this but the coaster makes the tunnel round where you really want a flat base for your paths.
    That's a good idea, Minnion, but I think that Luuknoord is right about the flat base. I was experimenting with it, and it would seem that it does, indeed, need a flat base for paths underground.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments