Frontier Reveals Planet Coasterís FREE Spring Update
Celebrate spring with new rides and new features for Planet Coaster, free on April 11
13 March 2017. Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today revealed the new Planet Coaster
Spring Update, available to all Planet Coaster
players for FREE on April 11, 2017.
Spring has sprung! The sun is shining, birds are singing and Planet Coaster
is celebrating the new season with three new rollercoasters, three new fully-customizable flatrides and the unique ĎSpeedí go-kart ride to thrill and delight your park guests.
ís Spring Update is Planet Coaster
ís second major expansion following Decemberís Winter Update, offering huge new creative opportunities for Planet Coaster
players. Today Steamís Planet Coaster
Workshop is home to almost 100,000 community creations, and Aprilís Spring Update will open the door to even more variety and creativity.
But a new danger lurks in the world of Planet Coaster
, with pickpockets and vandals now operating in playersí parks. A crime-ridden park will see guestsí happiness fall along with your profits, but security guards and CCTV cameras are on hand to keep park guests safe and prevent mischief-makers from spoiling the fun.
The Planet Coaster
Spring Update includes:
New Tracked Ride
- Steel Hydra. Feel the G-force aboard Planet Coasterís first suspended swinging coaster.
- Trident. Go there and back again with the first of Planet Coasterís two new shuttle coasters.
- Bakasura. Tridentís bigger, badder brother is a thrilling inverted boomerang coaster.
- ĎSpeedí Go Karts. Design your own karting tracks using Planet Coasterís powerful track editor and see your guests put pedal to the metal! Who will win and who will spin?
- Elixir Machine. 360 degrees of spinning, swinging, twisting, upside-down insanity.
- Big Wheel. An iconic favorite from the golden age of theme parks.
- ZoZo. The long-armed ZoZo is another addition to Planet Coasterís lineup of vintage classics.
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guestsí cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras.
Visit the Planet Coaster
livestream at YouTube.com/PlanetCoaster/Live
for further Spring Update announcements over the coming weeks.
For press assets, including new Spring Update screens, visit PlanetCoaster.com/Press
. Join Planet Coaster
is available now on Steam
for £29.99 ($44.99, Ä37.99).
Michael Gapper, PR and Communications Manager
About Planet Coaster
Create. Manage. Share. Be inspired and inspire others as you create, manage and share the worldís greatest coaster parks with friends and content creators around the world. Surprise, delight and thrill your guests as you build your coaster park empire, and let your imagination run wild with the future of coaster park simulation games.
About Frontier Developments
Frontier is the studio behind Elite Dangerous
and Planet Coaster
. Founded in 1994 by industry veteran David Braben, Frontier develops games using its COBRA game technology and is passionate about original gameplay, real community, player-driven narrative and cutting-edge technology.
is available now for PC. Elite Dangerous
is available now for PC and Xbox One, and is coming to PlayStation 4 in 2017. Other Frontier titles include RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Thrillville, LostWinds, Kinectimals, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Zoo Tycoon, Tales from Deep Space