Steam not launching game at all - Page 2

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Steam not launching game at all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21
    Same here! Also updated graphics drivers and no luck....❤︎❤︎❤︎??

    Originally Posted by MyHammer View Post (Source)
    Having the same issue. Game doesn`t start. Im on Win7 SP1. Win Update doesnt work, at the moment trying to get the Windows Updater to work properly.

  2. #22
    So the problem is fixed for me. Solution was to remove ALL C++ applications (control panel -> software) and then reinstall them from the planet coaster folder (program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Planet Coaster\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015)

    Then restart.

    Worked for me on W10. Most important is to first delete the old versions. Do not use repair. It did not work.

  3. This is the last staff post in this thread. #23
    Originally Posted by JJBlue View Post (Source)
    I tried to launch the game via install dir and got the following error:

    The program can not be launched because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-L1-1-0.dll is missing on your computer.
    You can possibly solve this problem by re-installing the program.

    Quote:
    "The problem is that the KB2999226 (Universal CRT) which is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 failed to install.
    Download and install the Visual C++ Redistributable
    However, you can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redist (runtime) unless you have Windows Update KB2999226 installed (at least on Windows 7 64-bit SP1)"

    I would love to hear if this is the right solution? I'm on W7 by the way.
    We're seeing reports of this that are generally the case if Windows hasn't been able to update itself (It's mostly Windows 7 that gets itself into this mess) and this means that the required files won't be automatically installed by Windows update and may get blocked when trying to install it manually as per Microsoft's download page here. You can hopefully fix the problem with Windows not being able to update itself by running the SFC tool.


    Originally Posted by singingfish View Post (Source)
    Any ideas why Steam won't update or launch the game today please?
    it downloads an update and then says this when I try to run it:

    An error occurred while updating Planet Coaster (content file locked) :
    C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\planet coaster\planet coaster.exe

    hmmmm..... bit peeved this has happaenned now that the game is live.
    This is a Steam-specific error message that can occur on any Steam game for a number of reasons. It's quite accurate though - the file is being used by another program so Steam can't change it and therefore cannot update your game. The most easy fix is to fully reboot your PC but if it persists then I'd suggest checking for an overly aggressive anti-virus program causing this issue.


    Originally Posted by MyHammer View Post (Source)
    Having the same issue. Game doesn`t start. Im on Win7 SP1. Win Update doesnt work, at the moment trying to get the Windows Updater to work properly.
    Let us know how if you're able to get Windows 7 to update itself again in case you find a solution we're not aware of yet! Might be worth running the SFC tool as mentioned above too!

    Edit: If your game starts but seems to just sit there and not do anything, please unplug any non-essential USB devices. We're investigating a potential conflict here so it's a good first thing to check.

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by Support-Mike View Post (Source)
    We're seeing reports of this that are generally the case if Windows hasn't been able to update itself (It's mostly Windows 7 that gets itself into this mess) and this means that the required files won't be automatically installed by Windows update and may get blocked when trying to install it manually as per Microsoft's download page here. You can hopefully fix the problem with Windows not being able to update itself by running the SFC tool.




    This is a Steam-specific error message that can occur on any Steam game for a number of reasons. It's quite accurate though - the file is being used by another program so Steam can't change it and therefore cannot update your game. The most easy fix is to fully reboot your PC but if it persists then I'd suggest checking for an overly aggressive anti-virus program causing this issue.




    Let us know how if you're able to get Windows 7 to update itself again in case you find a solution we're not aware of yet! Might be worth running the SFC tool as mentioned above too!

    Edit: If your game starts but seems to just sit there and not do anything, please unplug any non-essential USB devices. We're investigating a potential conflict here so it's a good first thing to check.

    I have Windows 10 and run other AAA games no problem with core i7, 16gb, 1080 GTX founders.

    I've been having the same issue where the game launched, the window it launches in will lose focus like something should be there, but the task just sits while I stare at desktop. The process stays running and I can alt-tab to other problems to get their focus, but I see no errors or crashing. I end up needing to terminate the process to get out of it.

    The game works fine on my laptop, and I did nothing different in installing the game. It runs poorly because my laptop isn't really meant for gaming of that caliber. What should I try?

    I've uninstalled the C++ redis from the game's folder as some other people suggested, then re-installed. I've also re-installed the entire game and had my NVidia drivers fully updated.

    I would like to play this game and not refund it. Please assist. Thank you!

  5. #25
    The Steam Controller!!! Unplug it and game loaded fine. Put it in and it won't load properly. Consistently reproduces. HOPE THAT HELPS OTHERS.

  6. #26
    Originally Posted by Support-Mike View Post (Source)
    We're seeing reports of this that are generally the case if Windows hasn't been able to update itself (It's mostly Windows 7 that gets itself into this mess) and this means that the required files won't be automatically installed by Windows update and may get blocked when trying to install it manually as per Microsoft's download page here. You can hopefully fix the problem with Windows not being able to update itself by running the SFC tool.




    This is a Steam-specific error message that can occur on any Steam game for a number of reasons. It's quite accurate though - the file is being used by another program so Steam can't change it and therefore cannot update your game. The most easy fix is to fully reboot your PC but if it persists then I'd suggest checking for an overly aggressive anti-virus program causing this issue.




    Let us know how if you're able to get Windows 7 to update itself again in case you find a solution we're not aware of yet! Might be worth running the SFC tool as mentioned above too!

    Edit: If your game starts but seems to just sit there and not do anything, please unplug any non-essential USB devices. We're investigating a potential conflict here so it's a good first thing to check.
    I also have Windows 10 on my Alienware... It does not work. I try launching the game and the launch screen will appear for a second and then disappear. The C+++ files I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again as well. No luck. I really want to play this game! I don't want to refund it! PC needs to get some computer whiz techs to figure this out of Microsoft or Steam won't help!!

    Also, nothing USB related is plugged into the computer.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by Milzbury View Post (Source)
    I also have Windows 10 on my Alienware... It does not work. I try launching the game and the launch screen will appear for a second and then disappear. The C+++ files I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again as well. No luck. I really want to play this game! I don't want to refund it! PC needs to get some computer whiz techs to figure this out of Microsoft or Steam won't help!!

    Also, nothing USB related is plugged into the computer.
    Agreed. Looks like the issue is for Windows 10 users and Windows 7 SP1 users. I've installed updates automatically, manually, uninstalled the game, verified game cache, just about everything under the sun. It's annoying that the devs are updating us on whether or not they're working on a fix.

    It's easy for them to say it's a windows error but when this is the only game out of my library of 50+ games run fine, I'm pretty effin sure it's Froniter's fault.

  8. #28
    Originally Posted by Support-Mike View Post (Source)
    We're seeing reports of this that are generally the case if Windows hasn't been able to update itself (It's mostly Windows 7 that gets itself into this mess) and this means that the required files won't be automatically installed by Windows update and may get blocked when trying to install it manually as per Microsoft's download page here. You can hopefully fix the problem with Windows not being able to update itself by running the SFC tool.

    [...]

    Let us know how if you're able to get Windows 7 to update itself again in case you find a solution we're not aware of yet! Might be worth running the SFC tool as mentioned above too!
    I just tried this, SFC showed up as "no errors" and the game still won't launch. Win7, for what it's worth.

  9. #29
    same situation as this guy Win7 Sp1 no errors with the SFC. would really love to play this game

  10. #30
    Ok i got it to run on my end by downloading this file ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2999226 ) if you have problems with it trying to find an update, you can disable windows update which will skip the endless search part and go right to the file install.

    Once i had this update installed, i went to my _CommonRedist folder and uninstalled, then reinstalled a fresh version from redist.64

    This fixed the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-L1-1-0.dll is missing error i was experiencing and started the game succesfully.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by ICantPlayThisGameHelpMe View Post (Source)
    Ok i got it to run on my end by downloading this file ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2999226 ) if you have problems with it trying to find an update, you can disable windows update which will skip the endless search part and go right to the file install.

    Once i had this update installed, i went to my _CommonRedist folder and uninstalled, then reinstalled a fresh version from redist.64

    This fixed the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-L1-1-0.dll is missing error i was experiencing and started the game succesfully.
    your my hero! disabling windows update did it for me, since whenever I tried to install an update manually it hung forever... I didnt even had to reinstall from redist.64 (wherever that is?). So finally.. I get to play the game!
    Windows Update is still broken, but .. as long as the game works.. Thank you all!

  12. #32
    I have exactly the same problem and I have talked to support in here a couple of times with no resolution. My problem is that I am running under windows 10 and it worked perfectly for 10 hours. Then I stopped for the evening with plans of master-building the next morning. No updates of any kind overnight. Older video card, older driver, bu it had still ran fine. Next morning... nada... zip, zilch... "just ain't gonna happen" Been that way ever since. Support wants to focus on my drivers (which I update) and my video card (which was more than adequate and playing well the day before) and they are ignoring me when I point out many people are having exactly the same problem.

  13. #33
    Originally Posted by Vaneon View Post (Source)
    I've been having the same issue where the game launched, the window it launches in will lose focus like something should be there, but the task just sits while I stare at desktop. The process stays running and I can alt-tab to other problems to get their focus, but I see no errors or crashing. I end up needing to terminate the process to get out of it.
    Originally Posted by Vaneon View Post (Source)
    The Steam Controller!!! Unplug it and game loaded fine. Put it in and it won't load properly. Consistently reproduces. HOPE THAT HELPS OTHERS.
    This! The Steam Controller doesn't even have to be unplugged; the game works like a charm with 'just' disconnecting it. (Windows 10 (all updates), most recent NVIDIA drivers (no beta))

  14. #34
    Hi PsychoWren, one thing you can do is end all Steam related processes starting from the process ĎSteam Client Boots trapperí. After the restart steam should start working successfully, however If this does not help you, you can go to this website and follow the steps provided in here. There are about four ways that have been mentioned here. Here is the link https://appuals.com/fix-steam-not-opening/

  15. #35

    ❤︎❤︎❤︎

    ive just started getting this issue, the game was working fine for a year???.
    now I click play game it says launching and nothing happens.

    Windows 7

    ive tried un-installing and re-installing.
    updating windows it says I have KB2999226

    un install re install C++ 2015

    update graphics drivers.

    No idea?

  16. #36
    JoŽl is offline
    Planet Coaster Security
    Volunteer Moderator
    Planet Coaster Ambassador JoŽl's Avatar
    Originally Posted by simononestop View Post (Source)
    ive just started getting this issue, the game was working fine for a year???.
    now I click play game it says launching and nothing happens.

    Windows 7

    ive tried un-installing and re-installing.
    updating windows it says I have KB2999226

    un install re install C++ 2015

    update graphics drivers.

    No idea?
    This sounds like a case for Frontier Support. They will be happy to help you in order to get your issue resolved. You can contact them by creating a ticket here.
    PLANET COASTER | WEBSITEFORUMSFORUM RULESSYSTEM REQUIREMENTSFRONTIER SUPPORT | EARLY BIRD ● COASTER HEAD ● VIP ● I ♥ GULPEE REX

    Build your own Jurassic World: JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not edit your posts
  • You may not post attachments