Star Wars Land - Page 10

Thread: Star Wars Land

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    I can't wait to see more of your Park Are you splitting it up in multiple Maps? Or as one big Chunk when it is finished?
    Forum Silliness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop

Right now - I'm continuing to build it as one large full park map. I'm a bit past halfway and its still running. I do have smaller maps of each "land" that I'm using for making videos, etc. as the FPS are much more manageable. As long as I keep the guest count below 1000, building and testing stuff still runs pretty good. I also close all shops and rides in the areas I'm not working in currently.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I thought this was interesting. I'm working on videos for Naboo (the next land after Endor...and like I mentioned above...I removed as as many of the non-visible (from Naboo) scenery and rides so video capture would be smoother. Here is the result of Endor and Dagobah areas with all but paths removed. you can see all the paths and the terrain work left. Just kind of weird without all the rest and you can see what's under all the scenery.

That's pretty cool. I tend to take such pics going in the other direction, though, prior to putting all the jungle on the dirt

So let me get this straight..... you're actually having to build the entire park twice? One the whole thing and then once again for each section of it?
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

Nope - I am building a single all encompassing park. As I finish each land I save a new version of the park...then mass delete everything 'out of view' of the current land so that I can use this park for videos and have better FPS results. So, yes - I'm repeat deleting a lot of stuff, but thats easier than trying to rebuild everything.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Here is how I typically build.
    1. do major terrain builds, like mountains, wall, borders, etc.
    2. Place rides and paths
    3. build structures around rides - adjust paths as needed
    4. add other structures - usually just the walls and main shapes
    5. add scenery and building details and adjust paths again if needed

Moving onto the full size Speeder Bike Flyers coaster. This is way larger and faster than the last one.
    Here is the inside of the load station.

and the outside queue area leading into the station

Looking down from the top of the first lift hill

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    Nope - I am building a single all encompassing park. As I finish each land I save a new version of the park...then mass delete everything 'out of view' of the current land so that I can use this park for videos and have better FPS results. So, yes - I'm repeat deleting a lot of stuff, but thats easier than trying to rebuild everything.
    Well, it works pretty well

Originally Posted by wowman View Post (Source)
    Moving onto the full size Speeder Bike Flyers coaster. This is way larger and faster than the last one.
    Here is the inside of the load station.
    Tha'ts quite cool. Sorry I thought you were done with this area already
    -Bullethead
    (click here for Workshop page)
    NIHIL INIQVIVS QVAM ∆QVITATEM NIMIS INTENDERE

bottom of the first drop

All the turns at the far side of the ride

Zooming back and forth through the forest

Flying through a ravine

ravine from above

A group of helix at end of ride

night shot of the helix part of the ride

Wow very nice I can't wait to see what you are coming up with next
    Forum Silliness:

-

Crowdy's Workshop

Here is an overhead view of the Speeder Bike Flyers (I really do like these overhead shots for some reason)