Questions, Issues, and/or Feedback with the forums? Post here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Questions, Issues, and/or Feedback with the forums? Post here.

Page 1 of 19 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Questions, Issues, and/or Feedback with the forums? Post here.

Hi all,

Keeping this one simple for now. If you have questions with how this forum functions, or have issues with the forums posting features - please post in here and I will do my best to answer it.

Thanks,
    Brett
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

Any chance of getting a Planet Coaster specific Favicon Icon? As nice as the Frontier globe is it's hard to distinguish between the Frontier/Planet Coaster forums in the browser tabs when they're both using the same icon.

It would ne nice If there would be a mobile version for iOS from the forum

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post (Source)
    Any chance of getting a Planet Coaster specific Favicon Icon? As nice as the Frontier globe is it's hard to distinguish between the Frontier/Planet Coaster forums in the browser tabs when they're both using the same icon.
    Yeah, will get one added. Probably will go with the little coaster head icon... I should make that an emoticon too.

Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post (Source)
    It would ne nice If there would be a mobile version for iOS from the forum
    A mobile theme... will see what I can find, or put together.
    - Brett C / bc

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    A mobile theme... will see what I can find, or put together.
    No clue if this will help but here is this document/info for vBulletin. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...e_mobile_style no clue though if it will work with this style you have though.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Originally Posted by KnoxVegas View Post (Source)
    No clue if this will help but here is this document/info for vBulletin. https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...e_mobile_style no clue though if it will work with this style you have though.
    We have been using that mobile theme on the main forums. It was disabled recently due to the highly limited functionality it had.
    - Brett C / bc

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7
    We have been using that mobile theme on the main forums. It was disabled recently due to the highly limited functionality it had.
    So I've just finished adding a mobile theme here on these forums. Feedback welcome.
    - Brett C / bc

So I've just finished adding a mobile theme here on these forums. Feedback welcome.
    Omg never thought that it could be so fast thx. Well it looks like the other one from RCTW but that's cool. I know how to use

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I see a little bug. In mobile theme when you read post there these 3 Buttons. Reply, reply with quote, multiquote. The word multiquote and the button of it are overlaying each together and that looks buggy. Maybe you test it on your iPhone to see it

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #10
    Omg never thought that it could be so fast thx. Well it looks like the other one from RCTW but that's cool. I know how to use

I see a little bug. In mobile theme when you read post there these 3 Buttons. Reply, reply with quote, multiquote. The word multiquote and the button of it are overlaying each together and that looks buggy. Maybe you test it on your iPhone to see it
    Actually just fixed that! Waiting for my Internets to finish uploading the zip file to the amazon web services to deploy the fix.
    - Brett C / bc

11. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #11
    Actually just fixed that! Waiting for my Internets to finish uploading the zip file to the amazon web services to deploy the fix.
    Alright, the fix should be applied.

Originally Posted by KnoxVegas View Post (Source)
    Looks to work great for me! Thanks!

Alright, the fix should be applied.

Yes it is going! But now if I click on reply with quote it makes multiquote instead of one single quote

13. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #13
    Yes it is going! But now if I click on reply with quote it makes multiquote instead of one single quote
    Yeah, there's four icons down there on the posts, which are a bit squished together. Will tweak them to be a bit more standout-ish.
    - Brett C / bc

Yeah, there's four icons down there on the posts, which are a bit squished together. Will tweak them to be a bit more standout-ish.
    Thx. Now it works!

Another I found. At the bottom of mobile there is log out and top buttons. But I miss the full page button.

Sometimes it's needed to switch back to full. Because polls don't function in mobile.

I do have a feature request. I see the icon that represents when a user is currently online is currently in use next to the username when reading a post. But, how about activating the live stats feature? It's nice to know how many and which users are currently online, additionally, it breaks the stats down into the sub-forums too, so you know which users are currently active in certain areas of the forum as well.

17. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #17
    Another I found. At the bottom of mobile there is log out and top buttons. But I miss the full page button.

Sometimes it's needed to switch back to full. Because polls don't function in mobile.
    Hmm, that should be active... will check and edit it in soonish if its missing.

Originally Posted by TRG86 View Post (Source)
    I do have a feature request. I see the icon that represents when a user is currently online is currently in use next to the username when reading a post. But, how about activating the live stats feature? It's nice to know how many and which users are currently online, additionally, it breaks the stats down into the sub-forums too, so you know which users are currently active in certain areas of the forum as well.
    The users browsing X forum/thread i removed from the code on vbulletin. The only thing that remains active is the who's online list, and that feature is limited to who can use it in its self.
    - Brett C / bc

Hmm, that should be active... will check and edit it in soonish if its missing.
    I m sad. Still not active.

My next question after you solve this little thing.
    Im posting 90% of my threads about my iPhone using mobile forum. There some threads I would like to put a pic into it, therefore an option to upload a pic would be nice. An upload button to load it directly from the picture storage of my iPhone. Not these url links

19. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #19
    I m sad. Still not active.

My next question after you solve this little thing.
    Im posting 90% of my threads about my iPhone using mobile forum. There some threads I would like to put a pic into it, therefore an option to upload a pic would be nice. An upload button to load it directly from the picture storage of my iPhone. Not these url links
    As for image uploading/media uploads to the forums, that functionality will not be enabled on the forums. We don't exactly have the resources to always allow masses of images/media to be uploaded to the forums database. Maybe in the future however!

As it stands right now, we have media uploads enabled on the main Frontier forums. It's caused our main forums database to go from 7GB to nearly 80GB this year... which is a stupid-crazy amount (for lack of better words) of data for a forum. That's a lot of media/image storage!

You'll have to use a host like imgur.com for any images.
    - Brett C / bc

As for image uploading/media uploads to the forums, that functionality will not be enabled on the forums. We don't exactly have the resources to always allow masses of images/media to be uploaded to the forums database. Maybe in the future however!

As it stands right now, we have media uploads enabled on the main Frontier forums. It's caused our main forums database to go from 7GB to nearly 80GB this year... which is a stupid-crazy amount (for lack of better words) of data for a forum. That's a lot of media/image storage!

You'll have to use a host like imgur.com for any images.
    Hmm it sounds a bit of shame, because I don't how upload my pics without register somewhere else. Not a fan by register at x different times of webpages